New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

May I join this even though I'm so late? I have all my Christmas gifts made already, but there is always someone that is forgotten, lol.

I'm just going to try to stash bust this as much as I can I think. I'll start working on the first clue tomorrow.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May I join this even though I'm so late? I have all my Christmas gifts made already, but there is always someone that is forgotten, lol.

I'm just going to try to stash bust this as much as I can I think. I'll start working on the first clue tomorrow.

Absolutely! We'd love to have you.

We're just getting started, you'll catch up in no time! Welcome aboard. :cheer

Thinking about joining, but I'll likely use Bernat Super Value instead. The only reason I haven't joined yet and why I may not join is the $

I know Super Value is worsted, but it's more affordable to me.

Any thoughts on the [dare I use such a strong word as:] repercussions of that? I'm thinking my blanket would just be a bit smaller as I may need to use an H or I hook...

:)

Thinking about joining, but I'll likely use Bernat Super Value instead. The only reason I haven't joined yet and why I may not join is the $

Any thoughts on the [dare I use such a strong word as:] repercussions of that? I'm thinking my blanket would just be a bit smaller as I may need to use an H or I hook...

A lot of us are using stash yarn, worsted weight or a different brand, but are making our squares 8" so it's the same size as the pattern.

I'm using an I or a J hook depeding on the pattern. I'm not having any trouble getting the squares to 8". I've only had to adjust one pattern. The others have worked out right for me. I just had to add 3 ch to the starting chain on Clue #3.

Welcome aboard, we'd love to have you :hug 3 clues are out so far and includes 12 squares. The next clue comes tomorrow morning. All of them them so far have been easy and worked up quickly so you should have no problem catching up since it's still early :yes

Alot of people here are using ww yarn so you'll be fine. Just add a little extra to make it up to the 8, or as it says and it'll be a little smaller. I vote for add a few extra stitches to the beginning of the square. I'm using the yarn called for (becaue I was lucky enough to find a good sale) and even with that, I had to add to this last one to get the 8 inches :think Just use what you have, and join the fun :yes

Well ladies (we are all ladies?),

The square in question :think I may have been pulling it or something. After I finished the rest of the squares and laid that one on top of the pile, it came up short :lol So I added the extra row and now they are all the same # of rows.

Here's a pic of my progress thus far..... (not great lighting)

post-36814-135897583818_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897583822_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897583825_thumb.jpg

I have completed the first two clues. Now I'm having a hard time figuring out what I have in my stash that will work for the third clue. Eight squares, wow! I hope the next clue is more manageable so I can catch up easier, lol. I'm trying to match the colors used as best I can just because I like those colors, lol.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, you're only a day away!!!! Me singing! Trust me, good thing you can't hear it! :)

:rofl:rofl My kids are going to be hearing this song all day now!

TYFS! :U

A lot of us are using stash yarn, worsted weight or a different brand

saweeeet! I'm in!!!!!

(becaue I was lucky enough to find a good sale) :yes

hey! that's awesome!! Maybe it'll go on sale mid-CAL...I'll hafta keep my eyes peeled.

Impeccable worsted in Pumpkin that I found on clearance and J hook...watch out! I'm comin to git ya!

:yay

happyjenny!!!

Jenny, I'm using Bernat super value. I have a lot of it, and I want to use some of it up. I think there are others using worsted weight yarn as well. I think it will be fine as long as all your squares are the same size.

Well ladies (we are all ladies?),

The square in question :think I may have been pulling it or something. After I finished the rest of the squares and laid that one on top of the pile, it came up short :lol So I added the extra row and now they are all the same # of rows.

Here's a pic of my progress thus far..... (not great lighting)

Those colors are great together.

Great looking colors Marisa!

Glad you are joining Jenny and WTG on finishing the first two clues Dee.

Thanks for the song Deb~~ It is now in my head while I'm trying to watch baseball!!!:lol:lol

I'll be checking for the clue first thing in the morning when I get up!!!

Happy :crocheting

I'm using Super Value! I love Super Value, you won't have any problems substituting. A lot of people, here and on other forums, are using different yarns.

Join us!

Thanks everyone....I hope I get to use a different color tomorrow. I still have rouge and grass left to work with :think I just hoped that I assigned the colors well so they fall into a good pattern on the finished product :lol

I just got home and there's only about a half hourish until the next clue should come out. But, I'm heading to bed and it will be there in another 6-7 hours when I get up :lol

The clue is up and we're doing stripes and using 4 colors. The instructions for how to change colors differ on the webpage and in the pattern. The pattern tells you to : Fasten off. Turn. 2nd row: Join C with sl st to first sc. However the written instructions on the webpage says that you work to the last two loops of the last stitch in the row, drop the working color and work the last yarn over and draw through the last two loops with the new color.

I've always changed colors according to the webpage instructions.

So which way will you be changing colors? And I'm thinking that 23 chains across X 17 rows is not going to be square-:think guess we'll see after work when I try this out.

Oh boy, Clue # 4!!!! I'm excited to start using different colors in the squares. I will be taking mine to work so that I can start it on my lunch hour. I just love Wednesdays now. It really gives me something to look forward to. Unfortunately I think I am a little hooked on crochet right now and that is all I seem to be doing is crocheting. I have three other projects going on right now. I really should do some laundry!!!:juggle

Good morning everyone :hi

Reneeb - I also think that I will take mine to work to start on lunch :yes

Joanne - I usually do the fasten off method if I'm switching at the end of a row and the pull through method when I'm in the middle of a row :think I've just found that works best for me :yes

Archived