New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just made one clue three square. I am using WW yarn, a J hook, and started with 28 chains. It took 12 rows to get to 8 inches. The square worked up very quickly.

I used an I hook and started with 28 chains. It took 14 rows for me to get eight inches.

I just made one clue three square. I am using WW yarn, a J hook, and started with 28 chains. It took 12 rows to get to 8 inches. The square worked up very quickly.

I used an I hook and started with 28 chains. It took 14 rows for me to get eight inches.

I also had to chain 28, I made one square with the 25 and it ended up being 7.5, so I frogged it and started over and now have one and a half squares done. It took me also 14 rows like nicole to get to eight inches, but I am using a K hook. It's interesting to compare what hooks other people use and the differences based on individual crochet styles.

And I used an I hook with the Bernat chunky, started with 28 chains and 12 rows and mine is 8 inches too! :cheer

I also had to chain 28, I made one square with the 25 and it ended up being 7.5, so I frogged it and started over and now have one and a half squares done. It took me also 14 rows like nicole to get to eight inches, but I am using a K hook. It's interesting to compare what hooks other people use and the differences based on individual crochet styles.

It is interesting to see all the different hook sizes, # of rows, # of chains, etc. From what I've read on Rav and on the Bernat Blog, it seems that alot of people are using the 28 chains. The 25 chains seemed to yield 7.5 inches for most.:yes

And I used an I hook with the Bernat chunky, started with 28 chains and 12 rows and mine is 8 inches too! :cheer

I usually crochet loosely, but I've been purposely crocheting a little looser for this project. I'm afraid that there will be patterns that won't be so easy to adjust.

Whew, caught up on all of the posts. Seems like we have a little bit of everything on this square. I ended up chaining 31 to get the proper gauge. I'm using the faux double crochet and a chain at the beginning of my rows instead of the chain four. So far so good, I finished two last night after a couple of attempts so it's smooth sailing now. And I agree with everyone, it's another easy square.

And curses go to the Yankee fan amongst us. (I won't name names but she has a granny stripe as an avatar right now and is expecting a visit from her DD) :lol I've been mesmerized by her Granny stripe and started a Lucy bag to hold me over until I get time to start the afghan! Why do I go browsing?

I guess I was too used to working for Wal-Mart where they would do anything for customer service. I made a mistake buying from Michaels as I have now waited 4 weeks for them to get the yarn and what really frustrated me is that I HAD a raincheck, and instead of calling me when they did get the yarn in....they put what they had on the shelf. I was in the store every other day to check on it. I am not saying that all Michaels are like this, but since I was in there more than 6 times in the past three weeks looking for it, I was hoping there was a way to get it to me from the other store. I will take the trip to Herrschner's which is in the same city as the other Michaels store and have fun petting yarn there and pick out a different yarn. I may just find the receipt for the yarn I haven't used yet as an excuse to go to Herrschner's and find all the yarn I need, hubby may beleive me that I can't get the rest and allow me the trip...after all he :manyheartme LOL

That sucks. It's not a bad idea to start looking for a different yarn, if you're having that much trouble getting ahold of what you need. It's still early in the cal, so it wouldn't take too much to start over with a different yarn. Good luck! :)

And curses go to the Yankee fan amongst us. (I won't name names but she has a granny stripe as an avatar right now and is expecting a visit from her DD) :lol I've been mesmerized by her Granny stripe and started a Lucy bag to hold me over until I get time to start the afghan! Why do I go browsing?

Now, gee I wonder who you might be talking about???:lol

dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc

:thair Ahh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I was doing this in my sleep last night. I still have four squares to go. It only bothers me because the sweater I'm making right now is one row of V-sts and then a row of sc. I'm pretty sure the cats know how to do V-sts by now. :lol

My boyfriend hung around our house ALL day yesterday waiting for UPS to deliver my yarn. So what happens they of course delivered it AFTER he left! So I suppose it is sitting on our front steps,we will be going over there today so I can get it! We are cat-sitting about an hour from where we live.

dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc

:thair Ahh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I was doing this in my sleep last night. I still have four squares to go. It only bothers me because the sweater I'm making right now is one row of V-sts and then a row of sc. I'm pretty sure the cats know how to do V-sts by now. :lol

:roflThe cats can do it! :laughrollOh that cracks me up! I have this image of little (or maybe not so little) kitties sitting on a sofa with a ball of yarn in their lap, a crochet hook, and sipping....what else but...cat nip tea!

:roflThe cats can do it! :laughrollOh that cracks me up! I have this image of little (or maybe not so little) kitties sitting on a sofa with a ball of yarn in their lap, a crochet hook, and sipping....what else but...cat nip tea!

And, of course, smoking their cat nip pipes (even though there is no smoking in my house!) with their little legs crossed. I'm certain that's what they do when I'm away...that and sleep.

I know what you mean, I just finished (well except for a border) a throw blanket done in all V-sts... all I can say is I'm glad it works up quickly :yes

Oh and I'm also pretty sure one of my step-mom's cats is studying V-sts also, she'll run up to the sofa like she wants to attack my yarn but then she just jumps up and sits on my knee and just watches, it's the weirdest thing

I STILL haven't started mine :( Hopefully tonight :xfin

No worries, you'll get them done! I did another one last night- 6 to go-which is what I should do between switching channels between the Devils, Rutgers and baseball!

Nicole- too funny about the dc- ch1- dc!!!! Thanks for the :lol

Now THAT is a funny picture- :cat With cats you never really know do you?

I made a second square tonight while visiting my DD and family. I didn't have anything to measure it with, but I assumed it would be similar to the first one. It is about 7 inches square, (if I really stretch it!) Guess I'll be re-doing that one tomorrow.

I finished up all of the squares tonight. Well, they are crocheted, but I haven't weaved in the tails. I finished the last four while watching my beloved Red Wings spank the Ducks tonight. It was lovely. Tomorrow I get to go to the season opener for the Indiana Ice. :woo I'm so glad hockey season is back. I've missed it so.

I finished up all of the squares tonight. Well, they are crocheted, but I haven't weaved in the tails. I finished the last four while watching my beloved Red Wings spank the Ducks tonight. It was lovely. Tomorrow I get to go to the season opener for the Indiana Ice. :woo I'm so glad hockey season is back. I've missed it so.

WTG Wings, I love watching them, but right now I love watching my granddaughter's team a bit better, she is cute out there keeping up with the boys and working her tail off to outskate them and get the first goal of the season.

I'm right there with you, Nicole! But my NJ Devils lost in OT to the Dallas Stars- :( But it's back and I love it!!! I've already planned a trip to Boston to visit my DD in November and we are going to see her Bruins play my Devils!!!:devil

I really love this time of the year- My Yankees are in the Playoffs, Rutgers College football,(they beat U Conn tonight:clap), NY Giants Football and Hockey!! And basketball isn't far behind!!! October is THE best sports month of the year IMO.

I still have 6 squares to go- I opted to work on finishing a scarf I was working on- and it's almost done. then back to the squares!

Congrats on your Red Wings win!

Archived