New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning fellow mystery CALers :D

Clue 2 looks like another easy peasy pattern :clap This time around, mine will be in the same color as theirs :yes It's the only one that is the same :think

Shelley - If I was in your time zone, I'd have a problem having to get that first one done before bed :eek:lol Have fun with it, and the good thing with the chatting here is that it stays all day ;)

Nichole - I hope you finger is feeling better today and not getting aggravated by the yarn. If it is, I would suggest the bandaid as opposed to dealing with it so you don't get any little fuzzies :(:hug

Joanne - Good morning again, I feel like I'm following in your shadows :lol This one is right up your alley ;)

I ordered from Yarn and Threads by Lisa! The skeins were only $2.11 each which is cheaper than anyone else AND she had all the colors! Most places are out of the darker green until the end of October. Can't wait to get home from work now!!!

Thanks for the info! It's up a whopping four cents a skein, but it's still better than the $2.99 I see every where else. :yes

almost done with my first square for clue2... got an owie on my left middle finger (right where I hold onto my project) wonder if a bandaid will help (it's not bleeding now but the yarn rubbing on it hurts) or if I'll need to learn how to hold everything differently...**sigh** or wait for it to heal... for now, I think I'll go to bed and see how it feels in the morning :)

A bandage should help. I've done that before when I've had paper cuts and things of that nature where I hold my yarn. I hope it heals up quickly!

I just saw this and decided I am going to follow along also.....I think this is a good way to keep my MOJO from jumping ship. I can handle one square a week. :yes

I have to find yarn in my stash to use.......hmmmmm.........what to choose. :think

:welcome

I am hoping to get this week's squares done before school lets out. If not, it will be my fun-time for tomorrow afternoon!:clap I will share pics tomorrow night.

Last week, I used Vanna in Brick. this week, it's Mustard.

Have fun, everyone!

I finished both clue 1 and clue 2 today. I had to take a bit of creative license with the granny square pattern. Mine turned out too big, so I did 5 rounds and added a sc border to get it to 8 inches. I probably should have gone down a hook size, but I decided to take the easy way out.

I also took a picture of the yarn I think I will be using. That is, if I stick to my plan to use stash yarns. The taupe and the natural will have to be my main colors, since I have a lot of both of them. I wish I had more of the green, as I'd like it for the other main color, since I think it will add a little life to the afghan. I suppose I could buy more of it. Guess I will have to give that some thought.

post-6189-135897580137_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897580141_thumb.jpg

Nicole and Deb, I feel like the green would make a better dominant color too, but of course, since I haven't a clue as to what the finished product will look like, I could be totally wrong. Looking at the CAL suggested colors, it seems that the lavender will be their most eye-catching color and it is color D, which only requires 2 balls.

I don't know what I will do. I'll probably pick up some more green, and decide later which color I will use it for.

I finished both clue 1 and clue 2 today. I had to take a bit of creative license with the granny square pattern. Mine turned out too big, so I did 5 rounds and added a sc border to get it to 8 inches. I probably should have gone down a hook size, but I decided to take the easy way out.

I also took a picture of the yarn I think I will be using. That is, if I stick to my plan to use stash yarns. The taupe and the natural will have to be my main colors, since I have a lot of both of them. I wish I had more of the green, as I'd like it for the other main color, since I think it will add a little life to the afghan. I suppose I could buy more of it. Guess I will have to give that some thought.

Very pretty, what color is the varigated. I also decided to do this clue in varigated, I was going to tell you the name, but then it popped out of mind :think

Very pretty, what color is the varigated. I also decided to do this clue in varigated, I was going to tell you the name, but then it popped out of mind :think

I had to go look it up too. It's "I Love this Yarn" in "high meadow ombre. It's a combination of blues, greens and light browns.

I had to go look it up too. It's "I Love this Yarn" in "high meadow ombre. It's a combination of blues, greens and light browns.

Mine is sage mary (redheart), I'm making another one too but that yarn doesn't have a tag so I don't know the name, it is all types of bright colors in it, I'll post a picture when I finish the squares, I only have been able to do about 3 rounds on one square so far.

No wonder your yarn was so pretty, It's because it's ILTY :lol, I love that yarn, but don't have a hobby lobby nearby :P

I just saw this and decided I am going to follow along also.....I think this is a good way to keep my MOJO from jumping ship. I can handle one square a week. :yes

I have to find yarn in my stash to use.......hmmmmm.........what to choose. :think

:yayTab- glad you are joining in!!! It's actually 2 squares a week- for now! :hook Total of 48 all together. Here's the link to the Bernat site with all the info about the CAL. Then look for Clue 1- last week's squares and Clue 2- this week's clue- http://bernat.com/CAL2010intro/

http://blog.bernat.com/

Very nice Cindy!! ( I take it you were off work today?:lol) I like the colors! And you are right- the green gives it some pop!

almost done with my first square for clue2... got an owie on my left middle finger (right where I hold onto my project) wonder if a bandaid will help (it's not bleeding now but the yarn rubbing on it hurts) or if I'll need to learn how to hold everything differently...**sigh** or wait for it to heal... for now, I think I'll go to bed and see how it feels in the morning :)

Better get that owie healed up, we have a ways to go! :hug

Welcome aboard! This is the time of year you NEED your MOJO!

Just in from work a little while ago dinner done and now to decide what color I want to be my Color D!

I'm right behind you. Finished one last night so will try to get three more finished before Survivor.

Who is still waiting for yarn? Just Nicole?

Mine is sage mary (redheart), I'm making another one too but that yarn doesn't have a tag so I don't know the name, it is all types of bright colors in it, I'll post a picture when I finish the squares, I only have been able to do about 3 rounds on one square so far.

No wonder your yarn was so pretty, It's because it's ILTY :lol, I love that yarn, but don't have a hobby lobby nearby :P

This is the first time I've ever used ILTY. I got it on clearance last year. Its very ncie to work with, nice and soft and not at all "splitty".

I had to go look up what color sage-mary was. It's very pretty. what colors are you using with it?

Marisa, you're good! Whatever would make you think I would get a square done right away last night as soon as the clue went up? :lol

:devil That's exactly what I would've done, only I'm a few hours ahead of you so I would've been a zombie today :lol

Going to get started now.....boy, do I wish I could crochet at work :(

Finished my 2 squares in lavender. Now to wait a week for the next clue!

very Pretty :cheer

This is the first time I've ever used ILTY. I got it on clearance last year. Its very ncie to work with, nice and soft and not at all "splitty".

I had to go look up what color sage-mary was. It's very pretty. what colors are you using with it?

I tried to pick colors close to what the pattern called for, but in my stash I didn't have alot of one color, soooooo, I decided to use that varigated, have about 5 skeins, mostly full. Then I used aran for the natural, then I picked out greens (because I have 2 or 3 of some and 1 or 2 of others some of the names on the greens are medium sage, dark sage and I think I also have some light sage, I may have to use different shades), the same thing goes with my purples (I have lavendar and some other unknown named purples), then I have a topaz color in loops and threads (the only yarn I bought for this project) and then I found out I think it is warm brown is very similar. The second blanket I am doing in all bright colors, I used a bright green for the first clue, and I'm using a mixed varigaed for this clue, and other random bright colors, I have yellow, orange, pink, blue, purple (anything that matches with that varigated un-named color)

Edit: Now I don't know if the one color I bought for this project matches with my other choices :think

Here's pictures of my yarn

post-40103-135897580221_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897580225_thumb.jpg

Archived