New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking about doing this one! Just have to figure out what yarn to use. I went to Bernat's site and was going to order the yarn- but 2 of the colors that they have listed are out of stock!:eek (The Fern and Forest)

I'll have to see what Michael's has tomorrow after work. ACM doesn't carry it.

I'm thinking about doing this one! Just have to figure out what yarn to use. I went to Bernat's site and was going to order the yarn- but 2 of the colors that they have listed are out of stock!:eek (The Fern and Forest)

I'll have to see what Michael's has tomorrow after work. ACM doesn't carry it.

I found mine at Joann's and am using that specific yarn, but different colors from what they used. It was difficult to find though and that was going to be my last stop before ordering. Maybe you can check the store website and knitting-warehouse.com Instead of the bernat site :think Just an idea.

I found mine at Joann's and am using that specific yarn, but different colors from what they used. It was difficult to find though and that was going to be my last stop before ordering. Maybe you can check the store website and knitting-warehouse.com Instead of the bernat site :think Just an idea.

Thanks for the tip- They do have it on JoAnn's- They only have 2 colors that I picked- and had no natural or Fern!!!!

Went to Knitting-warehouse and they are out of lots of colors too!!!

I'll keep looking, and sent an email to Bernat- they are, after all sponsoring this and they are out of stock on lots of the yarn!!:lol

Ordered the yarn from JoAnn's tonight- these are the colors I ended up getting- we'll see how they look when they arrive- It'll just be another mystery for the Mystery CAL!:lol

Natural, Fern (the 2 main colors), lavender, rosewood and aqua.

Cya on the 22nd!!!

I think I am going to jump in on this one also! I have so many other projects to work on but this one sounds like a lot of fun. I am going to go out this weekend and see what yarn and colors I want to use.

YIPEEE! :cheer So I just got back from lunch with DH and there, sitting on my porch, is a huge box... of course I know exactly what is is (my yarn!) My hubs thinks I've lost my mind, I couldn't open the box fast enough, I just had to see/touch/smell... oh it's so beautiful:drool

I normally only buy RHSS because it's what I can afford, but it makes me so happy that DH let me splurge on this project :c9 DH said "If that's all it takes, then I know what I'm getting you for Christmas" haha... now he's getting it, I <3 him :manyheart

Nichole, it's very exciting to get that new box of yarn :yes I'm so happy for you that you were able to splurge on the yarn and I think you should keep the ghan for yourself this time since it is such a treat. BTW, you spell your name like my SIL :D

Well, I changed my mind and ordered the Bernat Softee Chunky from Roberts online (cheapest I found). I did make one change though...I didn't care for the Topaz color when i saw it at Michaels, so I ordered the Soft Taupe instead.

Still waiting for mine to arrive. And I wasn't sure about the Redwood color I ordered, so went to Michael's and picked up 2 skeins of faded denim and 2 of topaz and when my yarn comes, I'll decide what I'm going to use. The 2 main colors are natural and fern- also ordered aqua and lavender. So we'll see. Hoping it arrives by the 22nd- It has been shipped!!

I've picked my colors; I already had faded denim, lavender, and black in my stash, so I'm going to use those plus fern and new denim heather. I still need four skeins of fern, but I have enough to start.

Those colors look nice together :yes

I got my yarn yesterday, so I'm all set and ready to go. I had a hard time figuring out where I was going to get the yarn, though, since I hate ordering yarn online (or rather, I hate paying for shipping), and I missed getting free shipping from Joann.com during their big yarn sale. I tried to take advantage of the labor day sales in the store, but of the two closest to me (on the deadline for getting 25% off at Bernat's site), the one that had "buy one, get one half off" didn't have any softee chunky, and the store that did have the yarn I needed didn't have a sale on it at all. So in the end, I went with ordering it from Bernat, since that was the only way to get the colors I wanted, too. Redwood turned out a little more red than I thought, kinda wishing I'd gone with my original choice, Rustic. But hopefully the colors I picked will look good in the pattern.

Went out shopping this weekend and got almost all the yarn I needed at Michael's. :clap I had to go online today and order the forest. I hope it comes in before I need to use it. Can't wait to see the first clue!

Archived