New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

Sure does look easy- right up my alley!:lol Got home from work and no yarn today! But the delivery did said scheduled for tomorrow. So I'll start then!

:hook :emptymailHurry Up! :yarn :yarn :yarnI want to:crocheting:mail :jumpyay:woo:rofl

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gona wait on this one and see what it looks like and what colors call me for it. I hate starting something in one color and have to change because the afghan demands other colors. (happens to me all the time)

My squares are made and now I'm ready for next wednesday :eek I went back down to the j hook :lol When I did the guage my j was significantly smaller and the k was just right. I started with the k today on the square and it was too big. So I did the square with the j and it was fine :clap Reminds me why I typically skip the guage swatch :lol

Got the first squares done! I ended up having to use my K hook to get the right gauge. Seems I almost always have to go one size bigger on my hooks, and I don't crochet that tight (most times - depends on stress level - lol), so I've been wondering if it's my wooden hooks. Oh well, I LOVE my hooks, so I'll deal with it! :D

I'm working on the first square now. I'm really going to try to stay caught up with the clues. Otherwise, I'll end up with squares for half of the afghan living in my closet for five years.

Boy, can I relate to this!! :rofl

Braxxi and Marisa! WTG on getting your squares done! Based on what you said Marisa, I may just skip the gauge swatch and dive right in to the square as soon as my yarn arrives!!! I'm thinking I'm going to do an I hook, since I always have to go down a hook size (watch this time, it won't work and I'll need to use the 'J"!):lol

Got the first squares done! I ended up having to use my K hook to get the right gauge. Seems I almost always have to go one size bigger on my hooks, and I don't crochet that tight (most times - depends on stress level - lol), so I've been wondering if it's my wooden hooks. Oh well, I LOVE my hooks, so I'll deal with it! :D

I use either the clover comfortgrip hooks, or the metal boye or susan bates and I always have to go up a hook size and sometimes even then my work is still too small, but I do crochet tight.

Braxxi and Marisa! WTG on getting your squares done! Based on what you said Marisa, I may just skip the gauge swatch and dive right in to the square as soon as my yarn arrives!!! I'm thinking I'm going to do an I hook, since I always have to go down a hook size (watch this time, it won't work and I'll need to use the 'J"!):lol

When I did the gauge swatch, which I never do, I used a K and it came out to small, then I tried a bigger hook and that was too big, then I thought I would add a few stitches and use the K hook, but then that was too big, so anyway the actual pattern I used a K hook and their directions and it came out just right.

I did my squares last night. I ended up buying the yarn that the pattern calls for and in the colors that they are using after all. I only bought 3 skeins of it because I was on my lunch hour and couldn't remember the colors or how much I needed. Ended up ordering the rest on-line today. Alot of places are out of the Forest color but I found some on Yarns and Threads by Lisa.

Now if I just don't lose interest in this before it's all said and done and I'm stuck with all this yarn and squares everywhere! :lol

hello to all members,

i am new to this group in the last 5 min or so and not sure how to go about posting for friends or to look for patterns. i love to make friends and at the moment am making 4 granny square blankets for christmas gifts. any help would be much appreciated. i can also give my reg email if u send me message. looking forward to making some friends here.:clap

hello to all members,

i am new to this group in the last 5 min or so and not sure how to go about posting for friends or to look for patterns. i love to make friends and at the moment am making 4 granny square blankets for christmas gifts. any help would be much appreciated. i can also give my reg email if u send me message. looking forward to making some friends here.:clap

Hi Valerie,

This specific thread is for the bernat mystery afghan CAL that's posted up on bernat's blog (the link is attached in the first post of this thread) if you're interested. The CAL's are great places to go to find groups of people working on similar things, which will be based in the title of that CAL. I check in on several of them, but the 2 that I'm in every day just to chat with the ladies are 'Our House' and 'Some Good Clean Fun' because it more like just general chatting, keeping up, encouraging each other with our crafts and life while sometimes working on similar projects, but it's not a problem to just do your own thing in there too. Also the ladies in both groups are very helpful when you get lost on a pattern or are not sure about anything. If you need any help, feel free to ask.

There are many different types of threads here depending what your looking for whether it be the CAL's, looking for patterns, needing help on a stitch or pattern, finding yarns, places to shop, etc. Typically, you can pop in anywhere to ask your questions and someone will chime in to help out :yes Everyone around these parts of cyberspace are very kind and helpful :hug Let me know if there's anything else I can help you out with and feel free to send me a PM if you need to as well.

My squares are made and now I'm ready for next wednesday :eek I went back down to the j hook :lol When I did the guage my j was significantly smaller and the k was just right. I started with the k today on the square and it was too big. So I did the square with the j and it was fine :clap Reminds me why I typically skip the guage swatch :lol

The same thing happened to me, I had to go back down a hooksize to get the square right. It's probably because the gauge swatch is all sc, so the dc throws it off.

Why are there three? Just curious- thought we were making 2 with this clue- :think

I don't think there are three separate squares. It looks to me as though she photographed the two together, then did an up close shot of one of the squares.

Archived