New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elizabeth - Did you get yours finished, you surely were all ready to go ;)

My swatch was 7-1/2 inches so I changed my hook to a K, which was on gauge at 8 inches. I'm almost done with my first square. I should have both squares done by tonight. :U

I can hardly wait for Wednesday! :jumpyayI hope my yarn comes today or tomorrow unless the next clue is with the same color.

I saw on the Bernat Blog that the next clue will be in a different color! (I think one of the 2 skein colors if my memory serves me correctly:think)

I've only done one of the first clue. I used Vanna's yarn and a J hook, purposely crocheted just a little loose, and my square is exactly 8 inches.

I have quite a bit of a variegated in the Vanna's that I am considering using for one of the colors. The colors in it are beige, greens, a light brown and a little blue.

I still don't have a clue as to what other colors I might use.

Looks like I'm making two now. Went to take a peek over at the Ravelry thread and found a link for the chainless beginning of a row so no more big gaping holes! My first two squares have the usual holes but the second pair the turn is WAY less conspicuous.

I feel like I've been living under a rock. Even my RR's will look so much better now. Did I learn to crochet so long ago that I missed this trick somehow? How long ago did someone think this up? Does anyone know? :think

Looks like I'm making two now. Went to take a peek over at the Ravelry thread and found a link for the chainless beginning of a row so no more big gaping holes! My first two squares have the usual holes but the second pair the turn is WAY less conspicuous.

I feel like I've been living under a rock. Even my RR's will look so much better now. Did I learn to crochet so long ago that I missed this trick somehow? How long ago did someone think this up? Does anyone know? :think

what trick is this? I am interested in learning also.

I used this trick as well. I discovered this on a thread here from several years ago. I've been using it for at least a year. It's wonderful!!!!

Edited to add - Never mind! I looked at the link and realized that was for the foundation stitches. I use them as well, but I was thinking of the no chain DC for the 2nd and subsequent rows.

Just got an email from the wonderful company that I ordered my yarn thru and guess what? It is out for delivery today!!! :cheer Come on Wednesday!!! Not only was this place the most inexpensive for the yarn but the customer service is outstanding too!

Just got an email from the wonderful company that I ordered my yarn thru and guess what? It is out for delivery today!!! :cheer Come on Wednesday!!! Not only was this place the most inexpensive for the yarn but the customer service is outstanding too!

Go you! What company? I still need to order the rest of my yarn. :blush

Go you! What company? I still need to order the rest of my yarn. :blush

I ordered from Yarn and Threads by Lisa! The skeins were only $2.11 each which is cheaper than anyone else AND she had all the colors! Most places are out of the darker green until the end of October. Can't wait to get home from work now!!!

what trick is this? I am interested in learning also.

Here you go, this is brilliant. Takes care of the holes you get from the beginning chain at the start of a new row.

The second clue is up. Us left coasters get the clue early but miss out on all the chat the next day.

Will look for everyone's photos after work tomorrow. Have fun!

almost done with my first square for clue2... got an owie on my left middle finger (right where I hold onto my project) wonder if a bandaid will help (it's not bleeding now but the yarn rubbing on it hurts) or if I'll need to learn how to hold everything differently...**sigh** or wait for it to heal... for now, I think I'll go to bed and see how it feels in the morning :)

Archived