New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

WTG Wings, I love watching them, but right now I love watching my granddaughter's team a bit better, she is cute out there keeping up with the boys and working her tail off to outskate them and get the first goal of the season.

:cheer:clap for your granddaughter- that's awesome that she plays hockey!!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTG Wings, I love watching them, but right now I love watching my granddaughter's team a bit better, she is cute out there keeping up with the boys and working her tail off to outskate them and get the first goal of the season.

I like watching my nephews better, too. They are so stinkn' cute out there. Aydan is six and Ian is five. It's so much fun.

I have a lot of good memories of playing when I was growing up. I was a goalie.

I'm right there with you, Nicole! But my NJ Devils lost in OT to the Dallas Stars- :( But it's back and I love it!!! I've already planned a trip to Boston to visit my DD in November and we are going to see her Bruins play my Devils!!!:devil

I really love this time of the year- My Yankees are in the Playoffs, Rutgers College football,(they beat U Conn tonight:clap), NY Giants Football and Hockey!! And basketball isn't far behind!!! October is THE best sports month of the year IMO.

I still have 6 squares to go- I opted to work on finishing a scarf I was working on- and it's almost done. then back to the squares!

Congrats on your Red Wings win!

October is a great month! I don't really like watching baseball on TV though. We have a good minor league team that I go to watch about 35 times a year.

dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc, dc ch1 dc, dc ch 1 dc

:thair Ahh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I was doing this in my sleep last night. I still have four squares to go. It only bothers me because the sweater I'm making right now is one row of V-sts and then a row of sc. I'm pretty sure the cats know how to do V-sts by now. :lol

:rofl

Yarn did arrive,found it tucked behind a plant. :lol My worsted squares I am using a K hook,for the Bernat Softee Chunky I am back to using the J. The really weird thing is I bought some of the Bernat Softee Chunky at Michaels to see if I liked it and when I did my first square with it I needed a K,maybe Michaels yarn is not as fluffy as factory direct? :think Oh and had to go down to 21 stitches for the first square as well,otherwise EVEN with the J hook the square was too big! Also with the first squares I did a chainless chain,I like it better,the starting chain doesn't have that weird hardness thing going for it. :D

Well, I did 3 squares last night and just did the 28 chain out of the gate after reading over all your posts and it worked out great. So I have the 9 V's and needed 11 rows for me with the J hook. Good news is that my 3 came out so much the same that when I stacked them up, I could see straight through the holes because they all lined up :clap I'm sure it won't be that great today since I 've had a break now from it :lol:xfin

I finished weaving in all of the tails on the v-st squares last night. So, I thought I'd share a picture of all of my squares so far. I hope everyone is doing well this weekend.

Squares look great and I love the colors :manyheart

I finished weaving in all of the tails on the v-st squares last night. So, I thought I'd share a picture of all of my squares so far. I hope everyone is doing well this weekend.

Your squares look great.

I have only finished three squares so far. I haven't woven in any tails yet though. I'm wondering if the tails can be used to sew them together?

Squares look great and I love the colors :manyheart

Thanks

Your squares look great.

I have only finished three squares so far. I haven't woven in any tails yet though. I'm wondering if the tails can be used to sew them together?

I wondered the same thing, but decided to weave them in anyway. I really dislike dealing with ends at the end of a project. I usually do them in smaller spurts while in progress. So, decided to do it the same way this time.

Lookin' great Nicole- :cheer

I also finished my squares today. I decided to do two afghans because I know myself too well, I would probably not do a second one at a later date because there are SO many great patterms out there. I second guessed that decision this week having to do 16 squares but it turned out fine. I have neglected the tails so I must get them done before Wednesday. All in all so far so good.

How is everyone else coming along? Have we all decided on yarn and colors and do we all have yarn now? I think I read that Sockmad was the last holdout and she received her parcel last week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! It was 91 here today and the weather is beyond glorious. There are a lot of crazy things about California but the weather makes it all worth it! :sun

BernatCAL3.jpg

Nicole love the colors you are using!!!

Shelley- thanks for the Birthday wishes- I had a great 10-10-10! Hung out with all 3 of my daughters , my SIl, my DH and middle DD's BF!!! We watched the NY Giants win!!!! and then we had pizza- Dd's made homemade pumpkin choc chip cupcakes and vanilla/chocolate marbpe swirl cupcakes!

As we were watching the game and chatting, I crocheted 4 more squares. Only 1 more to go and I have till Wednesday to get it done!!!!

I did my 6th square last night and was tired. It worked up the same across, but I only needed 10 rows instead of the 11 that all the rest have :( Opinions on if y'all think it will make any difference in the pattern to keep it as is or if I should redo it to be the same :think I'm debating on it :(

I did my 6th square last night and was tired. It worked up the same across, but I only needed 10 rows instead of the 11 that all the rest have :( Opinions on if y'all think it will make any difference in the pattern to keep it as is or if I should redo it to be the same :think I'm debating on it :(

I have one that has one less row than the others but still measures 8 inches. :think Guess it depends on the tension of the moment! As for me, I was thinking that as long as they are all the same size and I'll be able to join them, I will leave it.

Any other opinions on this?

Lookin' great Nicole- :cheer

I also finished my squares today. I decided to do two afghans because I know myself too well, I would probably not do a second one at a later date because there are SO many great patterms out there. I second guessed that decision this week having to do 16 squares but it turned out fine. I have neglected the tails so I must get them done before Wednesday. All in all so far so good.

How is everyone else coming along? Have we all decided on yarn and colors and do we all have yarn now? I think I read that Sockmad was the last holdout and she received her parcel last week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! It was 91 here today and the weather is beyond glorious. There are a lot of crazy things about California but the weather makes it all worth it! :sun

BernatCAL3.jpg

Thank you! :manyheart Wow! Two 'ghans!! As you mentioned, the first two clues wouldn't have been so bad, but clue 3 and 16 squares... :eek I was going batty just making 8.

Your squares look wonderful so far!!

Nicole love the colors you are using!!!

Shelley- thanks for the Birthday wishes- I had a great 10-10-10! Hung out with all 3 of my daughters , my SIl, my DH and middle DD's BF!!! We watched the NY Giants win!!!! and then we had pizza- Dd's made homemade pumpkin choc chip cupcakes and vanilla/chocolate marbpe swirl cupcakes!

As we were watching the game and chatting, I crocheted 4 more squares. Only 1 more to go and I have till Wednesday to get it done!!!!

Thanks! Happy belated birthday, by the way. I missed it yesterday.

Finished my squares yesterday. I also ended up chaining 28 and used a size K hook. I must be a really tight crocheter because this CAL is definately a lesson in crocheting more loosely for me!:lol

I used to crochet tightly, but have loosed up over time by really focusing on keeping my stitches loose. It's a little more natural now even though I still crochet tighter than the listed guage most times. Your squares look fabulous!

I love your colors!

The four sqaures I made one night took an extra row compared to the four I made another night. I don't see any reason why they would have to be re-done as long as they are 8". I'm pretty sure the squares won't be directly next to each other when the 'ghan is sewed together and therefore, won't be noticeable. I think you're good! :yes

I have one that has one less row than the others but still measures 8 inches. :think Guess it depends on the tension of the moment! As for me, I was thinking that as long as they are all the same size and I'll be able to join them, I will leave it.

Any other opinions on this?

I had that with the first square and opted to just leave it. I am just going to assume that it's the size that matters.

Archived