Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's doing really well, actually! He was weighed yesterday and he's lost a 1/2 a pound!!! :cheer He's right on target for healthy weight loss. It kind of makes all of the hard work worth it. It was an adjustment for all of us, but we've gotten the process down. It's sort of like second nature now. I don't really like having to get up at 7 am on weekends now to feed them breakfast, but I usually go right back to sleep. :D Thanks for asking about him. I'll give him snuggles from you when I get home.

Awww! Good to hear. Tigger had his vet day today. What fun that is! His sugars are still high, but going down. They had to change his insulin 2 months ago so we are still adjusting.

Yeah I'm not sure why it took so long for him to get to me. BTW I can't believe I missed it but your bag is amazingly cute. I love it!

Thanks!

Sue, just posting to say thank you for the square for my sister's comfort ghan!! I received it today!

You're welcome!! See, that took over a week to get to you when the other 2 packages I sent out the same day were received days ago. But then again you only check your mail once a week! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Thought I would let you all know that my brother recieved his comfort-ghan yesterday afternoon. I am so glad it made it in time for his birthday today. He wanted me to thank everyone who worked on it - he said it made his year! He was completely surprised, and so happy...of course there were tears (I know we call them comfort-ghans, but really, aren't the tears what we're after?!) so thank you so much to all who helped. I've started on his pillows, and should have them in the mail soon. This has been the most special project...you all really helped make him feel remembered.

Heather, I so glad he received it in time for his birthday. I'm glad he enjoyed it.

Awww! Good to hear. Tigger had his vet day today. What fun that is! His sugars are still high, but going down. They had to change his insulin 2 months ago so we are still adjusting.

Thanks!

You're welcome!! See, that took over a week to get to you when the other 2 packages I sent out the same day were received days ago. But then again you only check your mail once a week! :rofl

Hey I do know it got here today. lol That was like a one time thing d\lol

:yay:yay One of my MIA's just checked in!:yay:yay

:cheer

Hey I do know it got here today. lol That was like a one time thing d\lol

Sure it was. :rofl:hug

Good morning ladies...just checking in to see what you are all up to . I'm off to Walmart later today to re-stock my stash :yarn - seems I've been running low on yarn lately :eek...

We are going out on the boat and going swimming! Then I'll come home and finally make the handles for that dang tote! :lol

We are going out on the boat and going swimming! Then I'll come home and finally make the handles for that dang tote!

Have fun out on the water...don't get too much sun :hot

Sue, the only thing I don't like abuot making totes is when it comes time to do the handles...don't know why, I just don't enjoy it :yuck. Your tote is awesome by the way. I didn't put my name in for the drawing though...I'm holding out for the pattern so that I can do one in pink :D.

:sun.......... Good Morning friends............

how is everyone this morning?

I'm okay........... I miss my boys............. :( :( :(

its first day of school ................. whaaaaaaaaaa my babies are gone today!

post-18634-135897563895_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

:yay:yay One of my MIA's just checked in!:yay:yay
:clap
Everyone keep your fingers crossed that the PO delivers Madyson's package today!

:xfin

I'm off to Walmart later today to re-stock my stash :yarn - seems I've been running low on yarn lately :eek...

:2eek Have fun yarn shopping :shop

We are going out on the boat and going swimming! Then I'll come home and finally make the handles for that dang tote! :lol

Have fun Sue :sun

Have fun Sue....I think about that nice cool water as I sit here at work....

Brenda I am keeping my fingers crossed.....I mailed three out yesterday so I hope they don't go MIA!!!:lol

Heather....Enjoy shopping....ANY excuse to buy MORE YARN!!!!:hook

Tam...very handsome boys, i know you are a proud mom!:manyheart

I am going to be doing this in another week and a half.. :( Your boys look nice for their first day of school, though! :)

its first day of school ................. whaaaaaaaaaa my babies are gone today!

[ATTACH]25569[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25569[/ATTACH]

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Hi ladies!

So, I'm insane...you all know that about me, right? Well, I added a fifth cat to my pride last night. :no

Please allow me to introduce, Hank -

post-28827-135897563912_thumb.jpg

Sorry the picture isn't that great. It's a cell phone picture because I didn't feel like getting the real camera out, etc. Honestly, I haven't decided if I'm keeping him yet. I found him on my front porch last night with a bloody face. He's way too skinny. I just couldn't leave him outside. So, I cleaned him up, treated him for fleas and gave him food and water. He's hanging out in the bathroom until I decide what I'm going to do with him. My neighbor is thinking about taking him. I don't have a problem with that at all. I just don't want him to be an outdoor cat that gets hurt or starves.

Hi ladies!

So, I'm insane...you all know that about me, right? Well, I added a fifth cat to my pride last night. :no

[ATTACH]25575[/ATTACH]

Sorry the picture isn't that great. It's a cell phone picture because I didn't feel like getting the real camera out, etc. Honestly, I haven't decided if I'm keeping him yet. I found him on my front porch last night with a bloody face. He's way too skinny. I just couldn't leave him outside. So, I cleaned him up, treated him for fleas and gave him food and water. He's hanging out in the bathroom until I decide what I'm going to do with him. My neighbor is thinking about taking him. I don't have a problem with that at all. I just don't want him to be an outdoor cat that gets hurt or starves.

:cat He's cute

Hi ladies!

[ATTACH]25575[/ATTACH]

He's adorable! Hank reminds me of our Tigger (the wild child) who was a stray kitten last year, and half brother to the others we have. We finally got the gang all fixed so we won't be adding to the kitty population any more . . . we've always seemed to be the *elected* adopted family to these guys/gals for the past 3 yrs ~ :P Hope it works out for your neighbor and Hank ~ :D

I didn't put my name in for the drawing though...I'm holding out for the pattern so that I can do one in pink :D. I'm totally with you on this one! :hook

Everyone keep your fingers crossed that the PO delivers Madyson's package today! *crossed*

Tam...very handsome boys, i know you are a proud mom!:manyheartThanks sweetie!!! :hug

I am going to be doing this in another week and a half.. :(aww.......... :hug Your boys look nice for their first day of school, though! :)Thank you!!!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug thanks so much........ totally needed that! :hug

Hi ladies!

Please allow me to introduce, Hank - OMGosh........... what a sweetheart!!!!

[ATTACH]25575[/ATTACH]

HI everyone

Sorry to confuse anyone..I am still living in Fitchburg MA and am planning to move to Texas BUT there is still things needed working out before I am able to move ( like housing). I did post mentioning the move ONLY to find out if there are people from the Ville near to where i am planning to move and if they knew of housing. I will post when I am moving and post new addy but for a few mos i am still here.

Great to i have rec'd sq's and Ihave few ready to go out to a few of you great people.

Thanks, Lee in MA

He's adorable! Hank reminds me of our Tigger (the wild child) who was a stray kitten last year, and half brother to the others we have. We finally got the gang all fixed so we won't be adding to the kitty population any more . . . we've always seemed to be the *elected* adopted family to these guys/gals for the past 3 yrs ~ :P Hope it works out for your neighbor and Hank ~ :D

How many cats do you have? Hank is my second stray, but the other three came from shelters. Those are essentially strays also. :lol

Have fun out on the water...don't get too much sun :hot

Sue, the only thing I don't like abuot making totes is when it comes time to do the handles...don't know why, I just don't enjoy it :yuck. Your tote is awesome by the way. I didn't put my name in for the drawing though...I'm holding out for the pattern so that I can do one in pink :D.

I hate handles too. That's why I'm always on the hunt at garage sales and thrift stores for purses that I can scavenge the handles off so I don't have to make them! Unfortunately this one I don't have handles that would go so I have to make them. :(

Sue that bag is pretty just my color

Thanks Evelyn! I added you to the drawing!

[ATTACH]25569[/ATTACH]

There are my handsome buddies!!!! :hug

Have fun Sue :sun

Have fun Sue....I think about that nice cool water as I sit here at work....

We did have fun. Put the boat in a town south of us then cruised to the inlet. Anchored at Disapearing Island (its there only at low tide) and went swimming for about an hour. Ate our lunch on the boat and cruised back.

Hi ladies!

[ATTACH]25575[/ATTACH]

Awww! You and I are just suckers for cuties! The center sent out an e-mail they have a female sulcata tortoise up for adoption. She weighs 33 lbs and will get to close to 100 lbs!! I will not I will not, but honey, please??? :rofl

I have a Tigger too!

Hi ladies!

[ATTACH]25575[/ATTACH]

He looks pretty comfortable and happy now! Thank you for rescuing him--there are too many people who turn their heads away when they see wandering animals!

He looks pretty comfortable and happy now! Thank you for rescuing him--there are too many people who turn their heads away when they see wandering animals!

We were sitting in our carport one night having a couple beers and this kitten comes up to visit. I give dh sad puppy eyes. He said if she's here in the morning I can keep her. Of course I went searching for her the next morning! :lol Heidi is now 13 and has been with us since she was 6 months old. All 5 of our cats are rescues. 4 from Humane Societies and Heidi was our street walker. Her full name is Heidi Ho Neighbor! Since that's what dh said when she came walking up to us. :rofl Come to find out from our neighbor a car came down the road and tossed her out. :(

Archived