Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

:sun.......... Good Morning friends............

how is everyone this morning?

I'm okay........... I miss my boys............. :( :( :(

its first day of school ................. whaaaaaaaaaa my babies are gone today!

[ATTACH]25569[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

They look snazzy for their first day of school. I am so not looking forward to my kids first day of school :(. I've got another year for one of them though so I have some time. But I just know I am going to cry my little eyeballs out.:hug

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We were sitting in our carport one night having a couple beers and this kitten comes up to visit. I give dh sad puppy eyes. He said if she's here in the morning I can keep her. Of course I went searching for her the next morning! :lol Heidi is now 13 and has been with us since she was 6 months old. All 5 of our cats are rescues. 4 from Humane Societies and Heidi was our street walker. Her full name is Heidi Ho Neighbor! Since that's what dh said when she came walking up to us. :rofl Come to find out from our neighbor a car came down the road and tossed her out. :(

:turtle:vheart

Aww! That's a great name for the kitty. :) I don't have any cats (my mom and sis are allergic) but anytime I see wandering dogs, I try to grab them and see if they've got collars or nametags.

P.S. Sue, can you send me an updated address list? I honestly don't know how off mine is, and I'll eventually get around to getting some more squares out for everyone!

:sun.......... Good Morning friends............

how is everyone this morning?

I'm okay........... I miss my boys............. :( :( :(

its first day of school ................. whaaaaaaaaaa my babies are gone today!

[ATTACH]25569[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

:hug:hug:hug They grow up so fast.

Hi ladies!

So, I'm insane...you all know that about me, right? Well, I added a fifth cat to my pride last night. :no

Please allow me to introduce, Hank -

[ATTACH]25575[/ATTACH]

Sorry the picture isn't that great. It's a cell phone picture because I didn't feel like getting the real camera out, etc. Honestly, I haven't decided if I'm keeping him yet. I found him on my front porch last night with a bloody face. He's way too skinny. I just couldn't leave him outside. So, I cleaned him up, treated him for fleas and gave him food and water. He's hanging out in the bathroom until I decide what I'm going to do with him. My neighbor is thinking about taking him. I don't have a problem with that at all. I just don't want him to be an outdoor cat that gets hurt or starves.

He looks like he would make a nice addition to any family.

We were sitting in our carport one night having a couple beers and this kitten comes up to visit. I give dh sad puppy eyes. He said if she's here in the morning I can keep her. Of course I went searching for her the next morning! :lol Heidi is now 13 and has been with us since she was 6 months old. All 5 of our cats are rescues. 4 from Humane Societies and Heidi was our street walker. Her full name is Heidi Ho Neighbor! Since that's what dh said when she came walking up to us. :rofl Come to find out from our neighbor a car came down the road and tossed her out. :(

Poor thing, thank goodness she found you.

We did have fun. Put the boat in a town south of us then cruised to the inlet. Anchored at Disapearing Island (its there only at low tide) and went swimming for about an hour. Ate our lunch on the boat and cruised back.

Awww! You and I are just suckers for cuties! The center sent out an e-mail they have a female sulcata tortoise up for adoption. She weighs 33 lbs and will get to close to 100 lbs!! I will not I will not, but honey, please??? :rofl

It sounds like a nice way to spend the day.

And you haven't responded to the email offering to pick it up immediately?

How many cats do you have? Hank is my second stray, but the other three came from shelters. Those are essentially strays also. :lol

Let's see . . . our indoor kitties are ~ DaisyMay 5 yrs old, Tigger is almost 2 yrs old; Peanut's 2 boys, Smudgey and Smokey are 5 months old (they're in and out of the house); then outside we have Peanut and Pinto who might have new homes since they've seemed to disappeared . . . altho, Peanut showed up here a couple of days ago but now she's gone again. We're puzzled because we always thought that when you fixed a cat, they'd stick around home. :think Our biggest fear has been the heat, but they do find cooler places to stay. We just keep fresh water and food out for them, plus they have plenty of shadey places, too. We finally got momma Sugar (Pinto and Peanut's mom), fixed too, so hopefully we've cured this little problem.

We did have fun. Put the boat in a town south of us then cruised to the inlet. Anchored at Disapearing Island (its there only at low tide) and went swimming for about an hour. Ate our lunch on the boat and cruised back.

That sounds like fun :yes

Awww! You and I are just suckers for cuties! The center sent out an e-mail they have a female sulcata tortoise up for adoption. She weighs 33 lbs and will get to close to 100 lbs!! I will not I will not, but honey, please??? :rofl

Sue......I have lots of gopher tortoise on my property if you every want one.......but I don't think he'll fit in your mail box :rofl

Sue......I have lots of gopher tortoise on my property if you every want one.......but I don't think he'll fit in your mail box :rofl

Sue - Heidi Ho Neighbor! Too cute!! Hank's full name is Hank Zatta Patrick. He's named after Henrick Zetterberg. :D How cool would it be to have a 100-lb tortoise!!!! You know, I feel better now that I remember you have five cats. Everyone is calling me a crazy cat lady! :lol Well, if I am, I am...I can't turn those sweet, little babies away.

Carole - Hmm, I wonder if your kitties did find a new home. I had a cat named Grant in high school. When I left for college, he got really depressed. He stuck around for a few years, but one day he took off. He came back a few times, but it was obvious to everyone that he found himself a new family. He was never skinny or dirty after long periods away.

I think it's safe to say that little Hank is going to be spoiled rotten just like the other four.

Aww! That's a great name for the kitty. :) I don't have any cats (my mom and sis are allergic) but anytime I see wandering dogs, I try to grab them and see if they've got collars or nametags.

P.S. Sue, can you send me an updated address list? I honestly don't know how off mine is, and I'll eventually get around to getting some more squares out for everyone!

Sent!

And you haven't responded to the email offering to pick it up immediately?

I told her I didn't have a big or sad enough puppy dog face to pull that off! :rofl

I seem to have one follow me every day after work! Monday I had to usher one across the road...again! :rofl

Sue - Heidi Ho Neighbor! Too cute!! Hank's full name is Hank Zatta Patrick. He's named after Henrick Zetterberg. :D How cool would it be to have a 100-lb tortoise!!!! You know, I feel better now that I remember you have five cats. Everyone is calling me a crazy cat lady! :lol Well, if I am, I am...I can't turn those sweet, little babies away.

Monty the tortoise's full name is Montegue J. Hornswaggle! :rofl

Nothing crazy about having cats. We had 6 at one point, but our beloved Casper died 2 years ago. :(

YUP an ty mady is pscyed. Everytime she see's me walk in the door with a brown package she thinks its hers LOL. she was startin to get "tricked" cause I keep getting my beads in the mail I got on ebay.. but i told her the BIG envlopes are what she's lookin for not these tiny Letter size ones LOL. I'll post a pictre tomarrow of mady with her loot from Miss bg:cheer

my BFs grandpa fell and broke his hip, now hes in the ICU having convulsions and doesnt recognise anyone, So Im making it my personal mission to make a blanket for him, and If it doesnt make it to him in time Im gonna give it to his wife. My BF isnt dealing with it very well, there isnt too much I can do except be here for him, so thats what Im trying to do :(

my BFs grandpa fell and broke his hip, now hes in the ICU having convulsions and doesnt recognise anyone, So Im making it my personal mission to make a blanket for him, and If it doesnt make it to him in time Im gonna give it to his wife. My BF isnt dealing with it very well, there isnt too much I can do except be here for him, so thats what Im trying to do :(

I am really sorry. :hug:hug and prayers for you and your BF's family. Hopefully he will get better. Being there means a lot.

I got some squares mailed off today to some people
:neener

:dance:dance All my packages mailed last week were delivered. :dance:dance
:jumpyay:jumpyay

YUP an ty mady is pscyed. Everytime she see's me walk in the door with a brown package she thinks its hers LOL.
:rofl

:hug:hugI'm so sorry, yes being there does mean alot :hug:hug

:ohdearYeah, that's what I'm afraid of, too ~ we've got $80 invested in Peanut, and $40 in Pinto, getting them fixed and other healthy stuff done. And you're right, you can tell if someone else is feeding them since they aren't skinny or beat up from cat fights. We're thinking that Pinto is next door at the neighbor lady's, which is fine, since he seems to have free run to come and visit ~ :D Peanut might be hanging out across the street at the other neighbor's (she likes cats, too, and has lots of 'em!). Her Maine Coon comes to visit ever so often and looks in our from storm door to visit with Tigger ~ :lol

Carole - Hmm, I wonder if your kitties did find a new home. I had a cat named Grant in high school. When I left for college, he got really depressed. He stuck around for a few years, but one day he took off. He came back a few times, but it was obvious to everyone that he found himself a new family. He was never skinny or dirty after long periods away.

It sounds like you're planning on keeping Hank, huh? :yes Yes?? :D They sure get inside your heart ~ :manyheart

I think it's safe to say that little Hank is going to be spoiled rotten just like the other four.

My goodness you've all been chatty! :blah:lol

my BFs grandpa fell and broke his hip, now hes in the ICU having convulsions and doesnt recognise anyone, So Im making it my personal mission to make a blanket for him, and If it doesnt make it to him in time Im gonna give it to his wife. My BF isnt dealing with it very well, there isnt too much I can do except be here for him, so thats what Im trying to do

:hug It's always so difficult when things like that happen to those we love :hug

All my packages mailed last week were delivered.

:h5:jumpyay:woo

I was just checking out the newly added patterns to CPC and found this beauty!

I saw that on Ravelry...she has some other squares that I like too!

HI everyone

Sorry to confuse anyone..I am still living in Fitchburg MA and am planning to move to Texas BUT there is still things needed working out before I am able to move ( like housing). I did post mentioning the move ONLY to find out if there are people from the Ville near to where i am planning to move and if they knew of housing. I will post when I am moving and post new addy but for a few mos i am still here.

Great to i have rec'd sq's and Ihave few ready to go out to a few of you great people.

Thanks, Lee in MA

Thanks for the update...good luck with the move!

Good Morning Everyone!

Do you ever wake up and just feel like the day is just going to be special? Like it's full of possibilities? Well that's how I woke up!

I've got a handful of squares to get mailed out, more packing to do, One more round of jelly to can, and maybe squeeze in a manicure.

Lots of possibilities!

Make it a great one!

Archived