Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Just figured I'd stop in and see how everyone is doing. I know I've been MIA for a while. ( I haven't even seen Erin :eek) First I was sick with some sort of flu, then the whole week I was sick I had to be at work at 5 instead of 6:30 then on top of that stay till 5 so I was pulling 12 hours shifts while sick and it just drained me. While I am feeling better I'm just so tired and still playing catch up. Especially with my place it's a mess and I just wanted to let you ladies know I haven't forgotten about you.

and Heather I'm so sorry I wasn't able to get your brother's square out to you. I'm still not sure when I can send squares. I just feel so bad because you made so many for my sister's ghan. With that aside I'll try to pop in more often I can't believe how crazy things can get when you're out of it for a week.

:hug to everyone and I hope your all having a good day.

It is good to see you here again! It just doesn't feel the same without you. I'm glad you're feeling better. I just hope you can be fully better really soon :hug.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heather I'm so sorry I wasn't able to get your brother's square out to you. I'm still not sure when I can send squares. I just feel so bad because you made so many for my sister's ghan. With that aside I'll try to pop in more often I can't believe how crazy things can get when you're out of it for a week.

Don't worry...I got plenty of squares for my brother's afghan. I'm just glad you are feeling better - it must be really hard to be sick, and have to work all of those hours!:hug

Here's a sneak peek at this month's 1st anniversary tote for Turtle's TLC. I still have to make the handles and hope to have it all ready to post tomorrow. It will be special since instead of picking someone, I'm going to do a drawing! So if you like it be sure to visit the post and let me know!

:cheerI just love the hook design! Very nice of you Sue...looks like there's a lot of work that goes into those! :manyheart

BTW: I've been slacking a bit on sending out squares because of other projects that I have going, but I do have a couple squares that will be going out this Friday...

Just figured I'd stop in and see how everyone is doing. I know I've been MIA for a while. ( I haven't even seen Erin :eek) First I was sick with some sort of flu, then the whole week I was sick I had to be at work at 5 instead of 6:30 then on top of that stay till 5 so I was pulling 12 hours shifts while sick and it just drained me. While I am feeling better I'm just so tired and still playing catch up. Especially with my place it's a mess and I just wanted to let you ladies know I haven't forgotten about you.

and Heather I'm so sorry I wasn't able to get your brother's square out to you. I'm still not sure when I can send squares. I just feel so bad because you made so many for my sister's ghan. With that aside I'll try to pop in more often I can't believe how crazy things can get when you're out of it for a week.

:hug to everyone and I hope your all having a good day.

Melissa, glad you are feeling better but sounds like you need some rest!!! Take it easy and, take care of yourself.:hug

Here's a sneak peek at this month's 1st anniversary tote for Turtle's TLC. I still have to make the handles and hope to have it all ready to post tomorrow. It will be special since instead of picking someone, I'm going to do a drawing! So if you like it be sure to visit the post and let me know!

[ATTACH]25521[/ATTACH]

:turtle:vheart

Sue, the tote is just wonderful!!! I love it! Can't wait to sign up!!!:clap

Thanks everyone! I hope to have it posted by Thursday morning at the latest.

On another note, I went through the list and found that there are 5 people that haven't been on the board in over a month (one hasn't been on in 3 months). I know a couple have had some personal issues, but as for the rest IDK. So I've highlighted the ones that have been MIA. I'm not saying not to send squares to them, but if they haven't been on the board in awhile IDK if they will post a thank you. Remember people get busy, life gets in the way, bad stuff happens. I can't force people to sign on and let you know they got the squares. You are sending them at your own risk. Okay, I'm done being Mama Square. :)

On another note, I went through the list and found that there are 5 people that haven't been on the board in over a month (one hasn't been on in 3 months). I know a couple have had some personal issues, but as for the rest IDK. So I've highlighted the ones that have been MIA. I'm not saying not to send squares to them, but if they haven't been on the board in awhile IDK if they will post a thank you. Remember people get busy, life gets in the way, bad stuff happens. I can't force people to sign on and let you know they got the squares. You are sending them at your own risk. Okay, I'm done being Mama Square. :)

Mama Square sounds pretty tough. Don't think I would want to mess with her. On my next round of packages I think I will put a note on them that they better deliver this batch or be cursed with the wrath of Mama Square.:tryme:box

Anymore I think the PO is keeping half the ones I mail out which is really starting to frustrate me. :thair Case in point last week I mailed one to Annmarie and one to her daughter Madyson at the same time. Annmarie received hers on Sat and I don't think Madyson has hers yet. I think I now have a total of 8 MIA for here and one other from something else. Maybe they will show up someday. :xfin:xfin:xfin:xfin At least they seem to be delivering the ones with comfortghan squares. :sigh

I guess I am ready for a new list so I can make 2x as many squares to get to half of you :bang

Mama Square sounds pretty tough. Don't think I would want to mess with her. On my next round of packages I think I will put a note on them that they better deliver this batch or be cursed with the wrath of Mama Square.:tryme:box

Anymore I think the PO is keeping half the ones I mail out which is really starting to frustrate me. :thair Case in point last week I mailed one to Annmarie and one to her daughter Madyson at the same time. Annmarie received hers on Sat and I don't think Madyson has hers yet. I think I now have a total of 8 MIA for here and one other from something else. Maybe they will show up someday. :xfin:xfin:xfin:xfin At least they seem to be delivering the ones with comfortghan squares. :sigh

I guess I am ready for a new list so I can make 2x as many squares to get to half of you :bang

Brenda...it's so nice of you to make so many squares :hug- so frustrating that you have had so many that have gone missing...it's a lot of hard work and postage :angry.

Thanks Mama Square, can I have the new highlighted list please :D

Sorry for the frustration. I had a raok that took super long to be delivered, I thought it was going to be lost, but just as I was giving up on it being delivered, it got delivered :hug:xfin:xfin:xfin

Thought I would let you all know that my brother recieved his comfort-ghan yesterday afternoon. I am so glad it made it in time for his birthday today. He wanted me to thank everyone who worked on it - he said it made his year! He was completely surprised, and so happy...of course there were tears (I know we call them comfort-ghans, but really, aren't the tears what we're after?!) so thank you so much to all who helped. I've started on his pillows, and should have them in the mail soon. This has been the most special project...you all really helped make him feel remembered.

:sun / :rain ...... Good Morning Friends..........

how is everyone today?

I would really like to make a special ghan for both my aunt and moms best friend. Both are breast cancer survivors and would like to make them both a ghan to give them for christmas.

If anyone would be able to help me, I would like 12" squares in pinks and white. One I am wanting to make in WW Acrylic, the other in Cotton.

Thank you in advance, I know they would really appreciate it :hug

Going to post in the comfortghan section as well :) I'll be happy to help out!

:hug to everyone and I hope your all having a good day. :hug... good to see you dear!!!

[ATTACH]25521[/ATTACH]

That is absolutely awesome!!!!

Thanks everyone! I hope to have it posted by Thursday morning at the latest.

Thanks MamaSquare!!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

Thought I would let you all know that my brother recieved his comfort-ghan yesterday afternoon. I am so glad it made it in time for his birthday today. He wanted me to thank everyone who worked on it - he said it made his year! He was completely surprised, and so happy...of course there were tears (I know we call them comfort-ghans, but really, aren't the tears what we're after?!) so thank you so much to all who helped. I've started on his pillows, and should have them in the mail soon. This has been the most special project...you all really helped make him feel remembered.

Oh Wonderful!! So glad it made it safe and on time!

:heart

:mug

Happy Birthday to your brother !:)

I am so glad that it made it and just in time for his birthday. Wish him a :birthday from me also.

Sorry for the frustration. I had a raok that took super long to be delivered, I thought it was going to be lost, but just as I was giving up on it being delivered, it got delivered :hug:xfin:xfin:xfin

My percentages had been pretty good until last month (just 1 MIA and Sue eventually explained what was happening with the individual). I have 5 out of 9 packages MIA that I mailed July 28. One of those was to a friend of mine that is less than 50 miles away and I know she has not received it. I have 1 out of 3 MIA mailed on Aug 3 and so far 2 out of 7 MIA mailed last Wed. I wouldn't feel so bad except I am sure at least 3 of the packages just haven't been delivered which makes me wonder about the others. I just keep hoping they turn up eventually.

I'm so glad he got it and liked it. It's always nice to make someones day, let alone their year :manyheart. Give him a big Happy Birthday from me :yay.

My percentages had been pretty good until last month (just 1 MIA and Sue eventually explained what was happening with the individual). I have 5 out of 9 packages MIA that I mailed July 28. One of those was to a friend of mine that is less than 50 miles away and I know she has not received it. I have 1 out of 3 MIA mailed on Aug 3 and so far 2 out of 7 MIA mailed last Wed. I wouldn't feel so bad except I am sure at least 3 of the packages just haven't been delivered which makes me wonder about the others. I just keep hoping they turn up eventually.

I wonder why the mail has been messing up so badly? I personally have not had this happen yet but I know that when WVUAlesha sent me the piggy according to her it took a long time to get to me. I hope your packages turn up and that whoever they are addressed to gets their beautiful friendship squares.

Mama Square is one bad lady. :rofl

Sent!

Sue - The tote is lookin' good! We got an insider's view. I feel like a celebrity or something. :D

You are a celebrity!! How's my Cooper doing???

Thanks Mama Square, can I have the new highlighted list please :D

Sent!

Awesome!!!!! :hug

Sue. can I get the new list as well. Thank you :hug

Sent!

I'm so glad he got it and liked it. It's always nice to make someones day, let alone their year :manyheart. Give him a big Happy Birthday from me :yay.

I wonder why the mail has been messing up so badly? I personally have not had this happen yet but I know that when WVUAlesha sent me the piggy according to her it took a long time to get to me. I hope your packages turn up and that whoever they are addressed to gets their beautiful friendship squares.

Alesha told me when she sent it to you and we waited and waited...you would sign on and we'd think today is the day, but nothing. :(

You are a celebrity!! How's my Cooper doing???

He's doing really well, actually! He was weighed yesterday and he's lost a 1/2 a pound!!! :cheer He's right on target for healthy weight loss. It kind of makes all of the hard work worth it. It was an adjustment for all of us, but we've gotten the process down. It's sort of like second nature now. I don't really like having to get up at 7 am on weekends now to feed them breakfast, but I usually go right back to sleep. :D Thanks for asking about him. I'll give him snuggles from you when I get home.

Alesha told me when she sent it to you and we waited and waited...you would sign on and we'd think today is the day, but nothing. :(

Yeah I'm not sure why it took so long for him to get to me. BTW I can't believe I missed it but your bag is amazingly cute. I love it!

Oh Heather, I am so glad he got it for his birthday. Tell him Happy Birthday and send him a BIG birthday hug!!!:hug I am so glad I could be a part of it.

Archived