Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Size??? Don't forget to post in the comfortghan section too!

Sue, I edited my orginal post, the size was in the title which doesn't show up when you quote, so I typed it in the message part. Thanks, and I also posted it in the comfortghan section. Thank you so much :hug

12" Squares Needed for my Husband. I would like to make a comfortghan for my husband. He was recently diagnosed with Myotonic Muscular Distrophy. He stays cold all the time. I would like to make it in Navy Blue, Grey and white because his favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys. Thanks in advance for any help with this

Rene'

I quoted myself :D

I'm sorry I havent gotten many squares out lately :( I have been working on a comfortghan for my sisters best friend she just found out she has bone cancer and it spread to her spine and pelvis.I will be back to squares very soon, since I will have more time free.......

:cheer:cheer:cheerAs of Wednesday August 18th I will be a GRADUATE NURSE....:cheer:cheer:cheer I am so excited I have a final and 1 clinical left and I am done.

Erin, it looks great! What color are you going to do the border?

Black. It's a great color to tie in with everything. I think anyway :P.

I'm sorry I havent gotten many squares out lately :( I have been working on a comfortghan for my sisters best friend she just found out she has bone cancer and it spread to her spine and pelvis.I will be back to squares very soon, since I will have more time free.......

:cheer:cheer:cheerAs of Wednesday August 18th I will be a GRADUATE NURSE....:cheer:cheer:cheer I am so excited I have a final and 1 clinical left and I am done.

Woohoo :manyheart:hug:cheer:clap!!!!!! Congrats :). That is my nephews birthday ^_^ he will be 2.

Sorry to hear about your sister's best friend. :hug

but on a happier note- :clap:cheer:cheer:clap to you on almost be done with nursing school! It's not easy- Good luck on your final and on your boards!!! Congratulations!!:yay

Congratulations on your achievement.:cheer

Sorry about your sisters friend.

It's worth the trial. From one RN to another..... YAY YOU!!!

I just need to be patient and keep my fingers crossed that they show up. I mailed one package at the same time (two weeks ago today) to a friend not 50 miles away and hers hasn't shown up yet but the one I mailed to BreenieBeany in NC made it in a couple of days. I am absolutely sure on one of the MIA's that the person would have posted if she had received it. The others I'm not sure about. That mailing has been my worst percentage of packages known received versus mailed (4/9). Thankfully the ones mailed last week are showing up. Fingers crossed that the 7 mailed today arrive okay.

Brenda I have some that are MIA as well.

Somewhere out there is a mailman making a friendshipghan :lol

I'm easy, greens, browns, tans, golds, cream, anything is fine. I am just so happy to be part of this.

Got it! ;)

Black. It's a great color to tie in with everything. I think anyway

I think you are right. :yes

Originally Posted by PiscesCrocheter viewpost.gif

12" Squares Needed for my Husband. I would like to make a comfortghan for my husband. He was recently diagnosed with Myotonic Muscular Distrophy. He stays cold all the time. I would like to make it in Navy Blue, Grey and white because his favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys. Thanks in advance for any help with this

I think I have some blue and white...I will check - if not I will zip over to Walmart and pick some up!

Good Morning Everybody :cheer

Sorry to hear about your sisters friend.

Good Luck and Congratulations on your accomplishment :cheer:clap:cheer

Black. It's a great color to tie in with everything. I think anyway :P. I agree too :)

:rofl:laughroll:rofl

I think I have some blue and white...I will check - if not I will zip over to Walmart and pick some up!
Thank you so much :hug

Congratulations!!! :clap

Very sorry to hear about your sister's friend.:hug

I just need to be patient and keep my fingers crossed that they show up. I mailed one package at the same time (two weeks ago today) to a friend not 50 miles away and hers hasn't shown up yet but the one I mailed to BreenieBeany in NC made it in a couple of days. I am absolutely sure on one of the MIA's that the person would have posted if she had received it. The others I'm not sure about. That mailing has been my worst percentage of packages known received versus mailed (4/9). Thankfully the ones mailed last week are showing up. Fingers crossed that the 7 mailed today arrive okay.

Okay, let me know if you want me to try and contact them.

Sue, I edited my orginal post, the size was in the title which doesn't show up when you quote, so I typed it in the message part. Thanks, and I also posted it in the comfortghan section. Thank you so much :hug

I quoted myself :D

I saw after I posted that you did post in the comfortghan section! :lol

Congrats on graduation!!! :cheer

Sorry about your sister's friend. :(

:rofl

Sue, can you please send me an updated list. Thank you.

Sent! :)

You know come to think of think the lady at my PO is always asking if I have any more squares to go out :lol:laughroll

Hmmm...same with the lady at my PO! :rofl

Here's my squares for my friendshipghan so far :D

Very pretty!

Here's a square I made for my mom's (Pineknott) friendshipghan

Awww! Its very pretty and I'm sure it means a lot to your mom!

:turtle:vheart

Here's a pic of how my friendshipghan is coming along! It's looking soo cute! I can't wait to get more squares to add :manyheart.

It is coming along beautifully. Thank you for laying it out for us. That helps keep me inspired to keep sending them out.:clap:clap:clap

Its looking very pretty ...... I cant wait to get some for mine too :c9

If the darn PO cooperates you should have some very soon.:xfin:xfin:xfin:xfin

Brenda I have some that are MIA as well.

Glad to hear that they aren't just picking on me. :lol

I am very sorry to hear about your sister.

Congratulations on your graduation. :cheer:cheer

Well, least they could do is post on here so I can get them the right colors and size!

You know come to think of think the lady at my PO is always asking if I have any more squares to go out :lol:laughroll

:rofl:rofl

Here's a square I made for my mom's (Pineknott) friendshipghan

Very pretty!

Okay, let me know if you want me to try and contact them.

Hmmm...same with the lady at my PO! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

I keep telling myself maybe they are vacation (the people, not the squares, hmm maybe the squares decided to take a vacation first).

Out of all the ones I have sent out I have had only one that never responded and you explained to us what was going on there. I had one that was a slow response but I got a card in the mail thanking me and explaining she had been without internet service. Since my friend just up the road hasn't received her package yet I think there's a very good chance that some if not all of my MIA's just haven't reached their destination (and may never if some PO worker is now collecting squares). I am absolutely sure that one of the persons in that bunch would/will post when received.

You know when I went to the PO yesterday my regular guy is on vacation. If all of this bunch makes it safely and the others never show up it's going to look really suspicious.

Well, I just got back from the post office...I mailed my brother's comfortghan (he's in Kansas) his birthday is Aug. 18th, so I wanted to try to get it to him by then...I hope it makes it! I haven't finished the pillows yet, so they will follow shortly. I also mailed out a few squares as well...

Well, I just got back from the post office...I mailed my brother's comfortghan (he's in Kansas) his birthday is Aug. 18th, so I wanted to try to get it to him by then...I hope it makes it! I haven't finished the pillows yet, so they will follow shortly. I also mailed out a few squares as well...

Oh no it will be coming my way. Hopefully the PO worker doesn't start grabbing completed ghans now. :lol:lol:lol

It didn't have crochetville written on it anywhere, so I think we should be okay ;)

I don't know, none of my MIA's had crochetville written on them either, just names and addresses.:devil:devil:devil

Archived