Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Good morning all! I was going to work on putting my friendshipghan together today, but its suppose to be super hot with a heat index of 110! I haven't finished it yet because its just too hot to have an afghan on my lap even with the A/C on!

:turtle:vheart

I can't wait until I can put mine together! I'm so excited because even with just 12 squares I'm getting ideas on how I want to place my squares :D.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just went to the mail box and guess what I got ???? Tons of squares for my dads ghan as well as one for mine !!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer Thank you so much Sue and TCarra:hug:manyheart:hug They are PERFECT:c9

Evelyn!---

Typing this for madyson..

Thank you miss Evelyn for my Square, Color book and BIG crayons! I can't waite till mommy can sew them for my new blankie

--Madyson

Thank you Eveyln for the package.. Mady was happy. Here is a pic of mady with her Loot. She is half asleep.. she had just woke from a nap and I told her to wake up she had mail lol :)

post-31502-13589756248_thumb.jpg

Thank you Heather for my 5 turtle squares! :hug (I think you used a smaller hook on the second set, but the sizes are close enough!)

I just went to the mail box and guess what I got ???? Tons of squares for my dads ghan as well as one for mine !!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer Thank you so much Sue and TCarra:hug:manyheart:hug They are PERFECT:c9

You're welcome!!! :hug

Evelyn!---

Thank you miss Evelyn for my Square, Color book and BIG crayons! I can't waite till mommy can sew them for my new blankie

--Madyson

Thank you Eveyln for the package.. Mady was happy. Here is a pic of mady with her Loot. She is half asleep.. she had just woke from a nap and I told her to wake up she had mail lol :)

Awww! Too cute!

Mail them To me but plz put her name on the envlope.. Turt has my addy in the list with everyone else's :) She will be so excited to get other squares :) She is excited to be getting mail just for her..

ty Ima,, she will be very happy to recieve some squares from you

Aw, how fun!! :c9

Evelyn!---

--Madyson

Hi all! I've been reading along and everyone is making good progress! I got several packages out yesterday and today so hopefully more squares will show up for you all.

Just got in from Michaels. Sugar & Cream on sale! Stashed a lot of wool too for Christmas gifts. I wish they would put the cotton yarn on sale but I never see it.

Wanted to wish you all a great weekend and be safe!

Sabrina

I have some americana squares and some bright colored squares to send out in the next few weeks, as well as some comfortghan squares :) Ive been doing alot of hooking today and yesterday so I have 4 done already and Im gonna keep going till I got a whole pile :) LOL

I must say the mailman were pretty quick yesterday, Sabrina I got a square today :clap, Thank you very much I really like it and the stitch markers. Haven't tried the samples yet, but I will this week. Thanks again!

Yesterday I got squares from hhensler (Heather) and breenybabie (Sabrina)! :clap Thank you both, so much! Heather I love both colors of the two squares you sent. I like how they "pop" out. And Sabrina I love all the different colors you used together. Thank you both. :manyheart

post-20-135897562615_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897562617_thumb.jpg

Thank you Heather for my 5 turtle squares! (I think you used a smaller hook on the second set, but the sizes are close enough!)

I actually used the same size hook, which is why the size difference confused me a bit :think I think sometimes when I am tense, or have something on my mind I crochet tighter ...

Yesterday I got squares from hhensler (Heather) and breenybabie (Sabrina)! :clap Thank you both, so much! Heather I love both colors of the two squares you sent. I like how they "pop" out. And Sabrina I love all the different colors you used together. Thank you both. :manyheart

Very pretty!

I actually used the same size hook, which is why the size difference confused me a bit :think I think sometimes when I am tense, or have something on my mind I crochet tighter ...

The stitch looks tighter on the second set. Were you a bit stressed that day? :rofl

We are going on a little road trip today; and I'm bringing my 200 Crochet Blocks Book, hooks and yarn... :hook Now all I need is a coffee to go. :coffee

Have a safe trip and happy crocheting! :D

Brenda-

I'm so sorry but something is going on with my camera. I took it to the photo place that helps and I'll get it back maybe in a week or so.

But I wanted you to know that I really appreciated my 2 pretty squares (and thanks for the pattern link, they do look like pinwheels). Kalie was ecstatic over pretty 3 squares, the stickers, and stencils. And yes, she did enjoy getting a package with her name on it!! :lol Thank you so much! :hug:hug

I have got to get Eli's blanket finished, I'm almost through and then I'm just going to get caught up on my squares! Think I will try that Pinwheel! :hook

Ive decided that Im going to go with not only 6" squares for my friendship ghan but also 12" squares as well. Just to spice it up a bit :) I really appreciate all the squares that I have recieved and the ones on the was as well You ladies are awesome ! I got a bunch to send out as soon as I get my check on the first so Ill keep an eye on the PO workers to make sure they arent stealing the packages again hehehe :D

Good morning all! I was going to work on putting my friendshipghan together today, but its suppose to be super hot with a heat index of 110! I haven't finished it yet because its just too hot to have an afghan on my lap even with the A/C on!

I understand. We had a few hot ones like that this past week with temps over 100 with heat indexes of at least 110. Can't wait to see your finished friendshipghan.

Thank you so much to Brenda I got my first friendship square!!

You're welcome. I am glad that the PO decided to deliver yours.

Very pretty!

Brenda-

I'm so sorry but something is going on with my camera. I took it to the photo place that helps and I'll get it back maybe in a week or so.

But I wanted you to know that I really appreciated my 2 pretty squares (and thanks for the pattern link, they do look like pinwheels). Kalie was ecstatic over pretty 3 squares, the stickers, and stencils. And yes, she did enjoy getting a package with her name on it!! :lol Thank you so much! :hug:hug

I have got to get Eli's blanket finished, I'm almost through and then I'm just going to get caught up on my squares! Think I will try that Pinwheel! :hook

I am relieved that the PO delivered them and so glad you both were happy with them.

I got a bunch to send out as soon as I get my check on the first so Ill keep an eye on the PO workers to make sure they arent stealing the packages again hehehe :D

I am waiting for ransom notes for some of the packages I mailed out.

Heather I noticed you were gifted some knifty knitters. They have almost inspired me to actually learn to knit. The instructions that come with them leave a lot to be desired. It's amazing what all you can make with these. One lady has actually figured out how to make granny squares with them. The most common problem people have in the beginning is wrapping the yarn too tightly around the pegs so by the time you get to lifting yarn over the last pegs there is so much tension on the yarn you can't get it over the peg. One way to get around that is to wrap one peg, lift the yarn over that peg, wrap the next peg and lift the yarn over rather than wrapping around all the pegs at once. If your wrap around all the pegs you need to wrap it just tight enough for the yarn to stay in place. Here are some good places for info just in case you want them.

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/loom_knitting.php

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/instructions.php

http://isela.typepad.com/looming_crafts/loom-knitting.html

http://loomlady.blogspot.com/

Can I ask you what pattern you used for the purple square? It looks familiar. I like the popcorns all around the edge. :hook

It's from "300 classic blocks for crochet projects"...it's square #133 ;)

Have fun on your road trip!

Brenda: thank you for the links! I'm sure it will take some practice to get the hang of it, but I am excited to try...I was given 5 different sized looms! I am constantly amazed at the generosity of the people here at C'ville!

I must say the mailman were pretty quick yesterday, Sabrina I got a square today :clap, Thank you very much I really like it and the stitch markers. Haven't tried the samples yet, but I will this week. Thanks again!

Glad they arrived and that you ladies like them.

I'm going through my 100 squares book and doing a few a day to try to get out.

I didn't do any this weekend because I have a swap partner that I want to do things for! :D And Christmas gifts are slowly getting knocked out.

Have a great day everyone! Off and running!

-s-

Archived