Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ImmaFreek - :hug

Well, I guess Hank belongs to the family three houses down from me. I'm going to take him over there tonight. I'm so sad. I've been crying all morning. I've only had him at my house for two days!! I worry about him though. He's so skinny. I just hope they take good care of him. Maybe he will still come to see me.

:lolThis was hilarious! And yes, it has been a rough week, and I have felt about like this rooster looks! :D But . . . I'll be burying myself in my crochet today, so all is well.

Hope your day is good, and you have a great weekend, too. :manyheart

[ATTACH]25615[/ATTACH]

It's been a rough week but I made it - How about you???

Hope everyone has a great weekeknd!!

Just got in from work and found a package in my mail..:clap Thanks Tina I love it, made my day! :hug

:cheer:cheer:cheerfor delivered packages!

...she has some other squares that I like too!

Me too!

Good Morning Everyone!

Do you ever wake up and just feel like the day is just going to be special? Like it's full of possibilities? Well that's how I woke up!

I've got a handful of squares to get mailed out, more packing to do, One more round of jelly to can, and maybe squeeze in a manicure.

Lots of possibilities!

Make it a great one!

What kind of jelly are you making? Hope your day turns out better than anticipated.

[ATTACH]25615[/ATTACH]

:rofl:rofl:rofl That's a good one. Thanks for making me laugh today.

Well, I guess Hank belongs to the family three houses down from me. I'm going to take him over there tonight. I'm so sad. I've been crying all morning. I've only had him at my house for two days!! I worry about him though. He's so skinny. I just hope they take good care of him. Maybe he will still come to see me.

:hug:hug:hug It doesn't take long to get awfully attached to them does it?

[ATTACH]25615[/ATTACH]

I feel like that chicken looks! :rofl

:hug

:turtle:vheart

Thanks for the hugs, Sue and Brenda. There is a new development though. Apparently, my immediate neighbors called animal control on them this morning. They have a lot of cats running around that aren't getting taken care of properly. The wild cats have gotten so bad that they are fighting (the cats are fighting, not my neighbors :lol) and keeping them and their two-year old up at night.

So, I've decided to kidnap Hank. :devil I don't want him to go back then get sent to a shelter and/or get put to sleep.

Great news nicole, glad hank will be staying with you.

I think all the stress of school has finally caught up with me, I was officially done wednesday night at 6:23 pm.:cheer:cheer since then I have slept most of the time, had no thoughts of crochet(*gasp*)or interest in it and I feel like a truck hit me. hopefully sunday which is my usual study day will become my crochet day.

Thanks for the hugs, Sue and Brenda. There is a new development though. Apparently, my immediate neighbors called animal control on them this morning. They have a lot of cats running around that aren't getting taken care of properly. The wild cats have gotten so bad that they are fighting (the cats are fighting, not my neighbors :lol) and keeping them and their two-year old up at night.

So, I've decided to kidnap Hank. :devil I don't want him to go back then get sent to a shelter and/or get put to sleep.

Don't you mean cat-nap??? :lol Couldn't be in a better home! Move over Cooper, Hanks moving in!

What kind of jelly are you making? Hope your day turns out better than anticipated.

We've got 5 Pepper Jelly. (mild & wild)

It's got green bell pepper, sweet banana, poblano, jalapeno, and hot banana pepper in the mild. The wild has the same but we substitute Thai Hot Chilis for the jalapeno. And, it's made with Apricot nectar so it's a sweet hot.

Yummo!

Great news nicole, glad hank will be staying with you.

I think all the stress of school has finally caught up with me, I was officially done wednesday night at 6:23 pm.:cheer:cheer since then I have slept most of the time, had no thoughts of crochet(*gasp*)or interest in it and I feel like a truck hit me. hopefully sunday which is my usual study day will become my crochet day.

It sounds like you're right about the stress. Congrats though! Try to take it easy and de-stress this weekend if you can.

Don't you mean cat-nap??? :lol Couldn't be in a better home! Move over Cooper, Hanks moving in!

:rofl So true about cat-napping! :rofl Cooper has been really interested in him. He wants to play with him so badly. Hank's just not ready for that yet though. Poor Cooper, he looks like his little heart is crushed when Hank hisses at him. :(

It's a sign that he's meant to stay with you. I'm glad you got him back.

:clapCongrats on finishing school! :clap

We've got 5 Pepper Jelly. (mild & wild)

It's got green bell pepper, sweet banana, poblano, jalapeno, and hot banana pepper in the mild. The wild has the same but we substitute Thai Hot Chilis for the jalapeno. And, it's made with Apricot nectar so it's a sweet hot.

Yummo!

Sounds tasty!

I hope you will be able to keep Hank, Nicole. Sounds like he is a much better home with you. :manyheart

I got another square today! (Let's just say it was a looooong, stressful day and now *I* feel like that chicken!!) Thank you so much, Glenda! (oldcountrygirl) :hug

post-20-135897564132_thumb.jpg

Thank you Glenda for the pretty square you sent me! It was a welcome surprise when all we've been getting in the mail is junk or bills!

Would any of you ladies like a pink acrylic ww square that is about 12" and has a filet type design with 4 breast cancer awareness ribbons on it? I made it and then was told that the lady that Im making one of the blankets for does not want any kind of reminder that she survived cancer. Still making her squares, just no pink ribbons on them :)

I only have one made, but if there is a need for more than one I can make a few of them, each in a different shade of pink

Hello Ladies. I have been MIA for a while now. My 4 children thought it would be great to share a bug :fever between themselves...over...and over...and over :rolleyes It has been a very loong 2 weeks!! I am happy to say sickness has finally left our household. :cheer While the kids are at their dads this weekend I thought I would take the opportunity to take some (crappy) photo's of my fantastic packages I recieved in the last two weeks. Sorry Erin and Sue,you probably thought they never arrived,But they did and I was very excited to open them!!

The first picture is Erin's gorgeous butterfly square that I was sohoping I would recieve.Thank you Erin.I love it!

The second picture is Sue's amazing package.Sue emailed me awhile back asking what type of cotton I would like to try.Well I didn't know the difference between the different cottons so I told Sue to send her favourite...and she sent me some of each!! I couldn't wait to try them out,so I made a burp rug for a little cousin who is allergic to synthetics out of the green sugar and cream stripes.I love the way it turned out - and so soft!! I have always wanted to try the christmas cotton,and have just the thing for it.When I start on my christmas decorations I am going to make some snowmen and make their scarves with it.My square is gorgeous and the kids have been waiting patiently for me to take photo's so they could stick the sticker on the fridge and the girls are trying to claim my keyring and badge :lol

The last picture is of all of the squares I have recieved so far.

Now I want to quickly get my last project out of the way so I can start concentrating on making more squares and moving on to my christmas list. Thanks again for my gorgeous packages.

post-26847-135897564615_thumb.jpeg

post-26847-135897564619_thumb.jpeg

post-26847-135897564623_thumb.jpeg

Hello Ladies. I have been MIA for a while now. My 4 children thought it would be great to share a bug :fever between themselves...over...and over...and over :rolleyes It has been a very loong 2 weeks!! I am happy to say sickness has finally left our household. :cheer While the kids are at their dads this weekend I thought I would take the opportunity to take some (crappy) photo's of my fantastic packages I recieved in the last two weeks. Sorry Erin and Sue,you probably thought they never arrived,But they did and I was very excited to open them!!

The first picture is Erin's gorgeous butterfly square that I was sohoping I would recieve.Thank you Erin.I love it!

The second picture is Sue's amazing package.Sue emailed me awhile back asking what type of cotton I would like to try.Well I didn't know the difference between the different cottons so I told Sue to send her favourite...and she sent me some of each!! I couldn't wait to try them out,so I made a burp rug for a little cousin who is allergic to synthetics out of the green sugar and cream stripes.I love the way it turned out - and so soft!! I have always wanted to try the christmas cotton,and have just the thing for it.When I start on my christmas decorations I am going to make some snowmen and make their scarves with it.My square is gorgeous and the kids have been waiting patiently for me to take photo's so they could stick the sticker on the fridge and the girls are trying to claim my keyring and badge :lol

Now I want to quickly get my last project out of the way so I can start concentrating on making more squares and moving on to my christmas list. Thanks again for my gorgeous packages.

:clap:clap:clap for delivered packages!

I am glad you are feeling better and those are beautiful squares.

You're welcome Paula! I couldn't send a package that far and not fill it up! :lol Glad you're feeling better!!!

Archived