Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:eek My goodness! I'm out just 2 days and look at what all I missed!! :lol

Heather, your afghan is going to be georgeous!! I haven't gotten too far I only have 4 squares so far.:lol I've been neglecting to thank you for the thank you card you sent. Kalie read it when she got home and was tickled pink.

Sue, so glad you made it home safe and sound from your vacation and with good memories having been made. Think your "game" ideas sound fun. Count me in and just let me know what to do.

:welcome to Meowy!!

I wanted to show an updated pic of my friendshipghan...it's not the final placement of the squares/embellishments, but you can get an idea of what it will look like...it is much more beautiful than this picture shows - I apologize...it sort of blends in with my carpet.

I would love to see pics of how everyone elses friendshipghans are coming along!

[ATTACH]25161[/ATTACH]

That's looking gorgeous!!!

i sent them to baseballmom18 and craziebunny

baseballmom18 hasn't been on in awhile and same for craziebunny. They've had some personal problems. I will e-mail both of them for you. Both are wonderful ladies that had life get in the way.

:turtle:vheart

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well Mel :(. I'm also really sorry we didn't hang out this weekend but I've been quitting smoking so it's hectic for me atm plus some other problems here that I will tell you about later sometime.

Heather your blanket it looking awesome I would love to see other gals blankets so far too and I will post a pic of mine soon as well.

Sue I really like the word idea that sounds like a lot of fun! I'm so excited about the game :).

:eek My goodness! I'm out just 2 days and look at what all I missed!! :lol

Heather, your afghan is going to be georgeous!! I haven't gotten too far I only have 4 squares so far.:lol I've been neglecting to thank you for the thank you card you sent. Kalie read it when she got home and was tickled pink.

Sue, so glad you made it home safe and sound from your vacation and with good memories having been made. Think your "game" ideas sound fun. Count me in and just let me know what to do.

:welcome to Meowy!!

I know what you mean. I can't keep up with this thread anymore. I've about given up!! :lol

Im definately in Sue:cheer

Melissa, hope you feel better soon. :hug:hug:hug

Has anyone recieved squares from me? I sent 3 out when I mailed everythign else, and still no confirmation....... Hope they arent lost in the mail:(:eek

Maybe they are hanging out with the five MIA's that I mailed out two weeks ago. They need to break up the party and get moving on!

I mailed seven packages this morning. One was a package to you with a square for your dad's comfortghan and some squares for your friendshipghan. Hopefully they will make it okay.

I wanted to show an updated pic of my friendshipghan...it's not the final placement of the squares/embellishments, but you can get an idea of what it will look like...it is much more beautiful than this picture shows - I apologize...it sort of blends in with my carpet.

I would love to see pics of how everyone elses friendshipghans are coming along!

[ATTACH]25161[/ATTACH]

Heather your ghan is really coming together. Letting us see it laid out kind of gives us an idea of what all else you could use to complete it.

Heather your ghan is really coming together. Letting us see it laid out kind of gives us an idea of what all else you could use to complete it.

I have a lot of little spaces that will need filling in...of course there are infinite ways to arrange the squares - it's like putting together a puzzle.

12" Squares Needed for my Husband. I would like to make a comfortghan for my husband. He was recently diagnosed with Myotonic Muscular Distrophy. He stays cold all the time. I would like to make it in Navy Blue, Grey and white because his favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys. Thanks in advance for any help with this

Rene'

are you using acrylic or cotton? Ill look and see what I have, If I dont have anything ill raid my sisters yarn stash :) any particular size or pattern?:hook

I would like to make a comfortghan for my husband. He was recently diagnosed with Myotonic Muscular Distrophy. He stays cold all the time. I would like to make it in Navy Blue, Grey and white because his favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys. Thanks in advance for any help with this

Rene'

I know its off topic but Im so excited, My divorce papers are all turned in so now its just a waiting game to see when it will be final (i think 3 or 4 months) :cheer we both are happy that they are finally done and everything can get moving along Im just sooooo happy (for the both of us):c9

Here's a pic of how my friendshipghan is coming along! It's looking soo cute! I can't wait to get more squares to add :manyheart.

Its looking very pretty ...... I cant wait to get some for mine too :c9

are you using acrylic or cotton? Ill look and see what I have, If I dont have anything ill raid my sisters yarn stash :) any particular size or pattern?:hook

Acrylic :yarn

I know its off topic but Im so excited, My divorce papers are all turned in so now its just a waiting game to see when it will be final (i think 3 or 4 months) :cheer we both are happy that they are finally done and everything can get moving along Im just sooooo happy (for the both of us):c9
I know I was too when I filed for divorce, I think it took 4 months for mine :hug

I would love to see pics of how everyone elses friendshipghans are coming along! I'll post a picture of the few squares that I have so far tomorrow.

[ATTACH]25161[/ATTACH]

I think your friendshipghan is beautiful

Here's a pic of how my friendshipghan is coming along! It's looking soo cute! I can't wait to get more squares to add :manyheart.

Yes, it is looking super cute

YAY ! just in time for christmas :cheermy BF said he wont propose until its final, or something like that.. not sure what he meant by the last part, but I guess ill have to wait and see.

Acrylic :yarn

I know I was too when I filed for divorce, I think it took 4 months for mine :hug

Heather thanks so much for the squares I received in the mail today. I love them. Congratulations, Lacey. Everyones ghans look so pretty. I need to get on the ball and make some more squares. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the days anymore, ugh. Have a great evening all.

Maybe they are hanging out with the five MIA's that I mailed out two weeks ago. They need to break up the party and get moving on!

Have you checked to see if they have been on the board? If you want I can e-mail them for you.

I would like to make a comfortghan for my husband. He was recently diagnosed with Myotonic Muscular Distrophy. He stays cold all the time. I would like to make it in Navy Blue, Grey and white because his favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys. Thanks in advance for any help with this

Rene'

Size??? Don't forget to post in the comfortghan section too!

thank you Sue, I know things happen so I understand send them:hug and :manyheart

2 more rounds and weave in the ends. I still hope to send it out tomorrow!

:cheer:hug

Very pretty!

Heather thanks so much for the squares I received in the mail today. I love them. Congratulations, Lacey. Everyones ghans look so pretty. I need to get on the ball and make some more squares. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the days anymore, ugh. Have a great evening all.

You're welcome!

time to start making more squares, I actually have a pattern this time, wso its a variation of a granny square. Its from the Needlecraft Shops Afghan collector series. they call it jewls in the sand, Im gonna call it Ocean pearls bc of the color change :) but its still their pattern

time to start making more squares, I actually have a pattern this time, wso its a variation of a granny square. Its from the Needlecraft Shops Afghan collector series. they call it jewls in the sand, Im gonna call it Ocean pearls bc of the color change :) but its still their pattern

nevermind on that, too many drop stitches and pick back up stitches for me tonight

Ill find something

:lol

Have you checked to see if they have been on the board? If you want I can e-mail them for you.

I just need to be patient and keep my fingers crossed that they show up. I mailed one package at the same time (two weeks ago today) to a friend not 50 miles away and hers hasn't shown up yet but the one I mailed to BreenieBeany in NC made it in a couple of days. I am absolutely sure on one of the MIA's that the person would have posted if she had received it. The others I'm not sure about. That mailing has been my worst percentage of packages known received versus mailed (4/9). Thankfully the ones mailed last week are showing up. Fingers crossed that the 7 mailed today arrive okay.

Archived