Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

As many of you know I took a sewing class (or maybe you didn't??), anywho this is what I made today. I posted all the pictures in Show and Tell, but wanted to share here too!

[ATTACH]24795[/ATTACH]

:turtle:vheart

That looks great!! You and your bags!! lol :cheer

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As many of you know I took a sewing class (or maybe you didn't??), anywho this is what I made today. I posted all the pictures in Show and Tell, but wanted to share here too!

[ATTACH]24795[/ATTACH]

I LOVE IT.

nicolep and heather stalk your mail box saturday. well they said it would be there sat. and i paid the extra 0.40 to get it there then.

[ATTACH]24795[/ATTACH]

What a great bag Sue......you can just do anything!!!!! :cheer

[ATTACH]24795[/ATTACH]

Nice bag! I have been taking my daughter to kid sewing classes. She has a blast!

I recieved three squares in the mail. Two from bgs, and one from Pat54. We moved and haven't had internet until today, so I haven't been able to thank them online (although I did send thank you notes out, but I don't know if they've gotten them yet, either, or not). :P I will take some pictures in a bit. Thank you so much; Brenda, and Pat~ they are so bright and cheerful, I love them. :hug:manyheart

Pretty!

nicolep and heather stalk your mail box saturday. well they said it would be there sat. and i paid the extra 0.40 to get it there then.

I will keep my eye out!

You truly are muli-talented, Sue! Looks like you have a knack for sewing...your bag turned out really nice - btw: love the turtle fabric!

Liar liar pants on fire!

I am ashamed :blush

I recieved three squares in the mail. Two from bgs, and one from Pat54. We moved and haven't had internet until today, so I haven't been able to thank them online (although I did send thank you notes out, but I don't know if they've gotten them yet, either, or not). I will take some pictures in a bit. Thank you so much; Brenda, and Pat~ they are so bright and cheerful, I love them.

You're welcome! :hug Glad they made it. It seems as if half the packages I mailed out last week are MIA.

Thank you Brenda for the comfortghan square and the towel with the holder it's too cute!!

You're welcome! :hug I just mailed yours on Tues so go figure.

[ATTACH]24795[/ATTACH]

You did a great job on the bag. I really like the fabric combination you used.

Guess its about bon voyage time. Have a great time. Having separation anxiety already.

Beautiful bag Sue. My dad was going to buy me a really nice sewing machine like he did for my sister but as much as i like sewing I am so addicted to crochet. So when he said he could just buy me crochet stuff to equal how much he spent on my sister's machine my eyes popped right out of my head. I love sewing and all I just don't know if I'd ever do it really.

I LOVE IT.

Thanks!

What a great bag Sue......you can just do anything!!!!! :cheer

Well, not anything, but I'll give it a go at least once! Thanks!

Nice bag! I have been taking my daughter to kid sewing classes. She has a blast!

I had so much fun! Only one other lady with me, but she was a HOOT! Thanks!

You truly are muli-talented, Sue! Looks like you have a knack for sewing...your bag turned out really nice - btw: love the turtle fabric!

I had to have the turtle fabric! Thanks!

You did a great job on the bag. I really like the fabric combination you used.

Guess its about bon voyage time. Have a great time. Having separation anxiety already.

Thanks! We leave tomorrow, but I'll be back on in the AM before we go!

Beautiful bag Sue. My dad was going to buy me a really nice sewing machine like he did for my sister but as much as i like sewing I am so addicted to crochet. So when he said he could just buy me crochet stuff to equal how much he spent on my sister's machine my eyes popped right out of my head. I love sewing and all I just don't know if I'd ever do it really.

I used my old sewing machine that I can't even tell you when I bought it! Its as basic as it gets. Thanks!

I can do very basic sewing - I've made a few quilts, and a couple of small, simple purses but anything more complicated and I stop enjoying it. I can do it, but it becomes WORK...my mother on the other hand can whip up ANYTHING on the sewing machine.

Sue, your bag looks great! :yay My husband keeps promising me a sewing machine... :blush

[ATTACH]24795[/ATTACH]

I got the most amazing package from Erin yesterday :cheer (I didn't post a thank you yet because I wanted to get a picture)...well, three pictures - that's how many it took to show you everything she sent!:lol

Erin, thank you so much for the square for my brother - it is perfect! :yes And I think you were the one concerned about the shade of cream :yarn that you used in my friendship squares? Well, it is perfect too...I actually do have other squares with that same shade, and they are all gorgeous! Now we have to talk about the embellishments you sent...FABULOUS! :cheer Thank you so much for everything - you made my day!:hug My friendship-ghan is going to be AMAZING when it's done!

Square for my brother:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-22.jpg

Squares for my friendship-ghan:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-12.jpg

Embellishments for my friendship-ghan:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-7.jpg

Sue, your bag looks great! :yay My husband keeps promising me a sewing machine... :blush

Thanks! I used my old cheap Walmart machine to make it! :lol

I got the most amazing package from Erin yesterday :cheer (I didn't post a thank you yet because I wanted to get a picture)...well, three pictures - that's how many it took to show you everything she sent!:lol

Erin, thank you so much for the square for my brother - it is perfect! :yes And I think you were the one concerned about the shade of cream :yarn that you used in my friendship squares? Well, it is perfect too...I actually do have other squares with that same shade, and they are all gorgeous! Now we have to talk about the embellishments you sent...FABULOUS! :cheer Thank you so much for everything - you made my day!:hug My friendship-ghan is going to be AMAZING when it's done!

Square for my brother:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-22.jpg

Squares for my friendship-ghan:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-12.jpg

Embellishments for my friendship-ghan:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-7.jpg

Very pretty!!!!

Thank you Susan I received your square in the mail today!! I love it! The center is so pretty.

:rofl It was crazy we're having severe storms here. & I haven't checked the mail all week :eek as monday I forgot the key and yesterday was crazy lightning and thunder, and I mean crazy. & the news just came on and said it had like 15 mins before it hit again so I took the dog and ran to the mailbox. Literally ran, and it's lightning already and booming. Not rain yet. I totally spooked myself out. :lol So I'm running to the mailbox dog barking like what are you doing. Lightning like crazy booming... :rofl and I got a square!! So it was all worth it. & the gas bill.. but I'll take it! So if it arrived monday or tuesday I am so sorry!! But I got it! :cheer:cheer

Very pretty square

Okay, I'm a big liar...not going to make it to the post office till tomorrow...

too funny:lol

I recieved three squares in the mail. Two from bgs, and one from Pat54. We moved and haven't had internet until today, so I haven't been able to thank them online (although I did send thank you notes out, but I don't know if they've gotten them yet, either, or not). :P I will take some pictures in a bit. Thank you so much; Brenda, and Pat~ they are so bright and cheerful, I love them. :hug:manyheart

You are very welcome, glad it made it.

[ATTACH]24795[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous bag. You are very talented.

I have a sewing machine, that does things I have no idea about, because I wanted to learn to sew. Well that was about 5 years ago. It's still looking at me. I tried to learn on my own but just got so frustrated with trying to make the correct stitch I gave up. I keep promising myself to go and learn but so far that hasn't happened.:lol

I have a sewing machine, that does things I have no idea about, because I wanted to learn to sew. Well that was about 5 years ago. It's still looking at me. I tried to learn on my own but just got so frustrated with trying to make the correct stitch I gave up. I keep promising myself to go and learn but so far that hasn't happened.

LOL! My sewing machine has all sorts of functions, and can do all kinds of things, but all I have ever used it for is basic straight stitching :lol What a waste...

Its almost cruising time!!! :yay I will miss you ladies. :hug Talk to you on Monday!!!

I've sent Alesha the latest list, so if you need it please PM her your e-mail.

Gorgeous bag. You are very talented.

I have a sewing machine, that does things I have no idea about, because I wanted to learn to sew. Well that was about 5 years ago. It's still looking at me. I tried to learn on my own but just got so frustrated with trying to make the correct stitch I gave up. I keep promising myself to go and learn but so far that hasn't happened.:lol

Thanks! I put it off and put it off myself, but now that I went...:yay

LOL! My sewing machine has all sorts of functions, and can do all kinds of things, but all I have ever used it for is basic straight stitching :lol What a waste...

Mine has the basic straight and zig zag, but for most things that's all you need.

I got 5 A and 1 B - and that B will haunt me forever. I got an 88 - and that class was HORRIBLE. They fired the professor!

You got a B??? :eek

Seriously, you did amazing and should be very proud! :hug

Archived