Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Heather your sampler blanket looks amazing! I can't wait to see more of it and even more of your friendship ghan either :P.

Sue I think that games might be really fun. Would they be on top of sending squares as usual?

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sue I think that games might be really fun. Would they be on top of sending squares as usual?

Yes, but I was thinking playing a game then the host giving a prize. I would supply the first prize, then the winner would supply the next one. Now just to figure out a game for everyone to play. Bingo is the only thing I can think of.

I'm In

Cool!

:turtle:vheart

Heather your sampler blanket looks amazing! I can't wait to see more of it and even more of your friendship ghan either :P.

Thanks Erin...I am loving the way my friendship-ghan is coming along...I've recieved so many gorgeous squares/embellishments - I will have to post another pic soon - it's so pretty!

Yes, but I was thinking playing a game then the host giving a prize. I would supply the first prize, then the winner would supply the next one. Now just to figure out a game for everyone to play. Bingo is the only thing I can think of.

Let's do it! How do we get started?

Let's do it! How do we get started?

Sounds like fun :yes

Here's an idea......

There are downloadable bingo cards on-line, one square per card or something like that. Maybe the host to pm or post each persons card. Host to draw daily, it is likely to get a winner in 4 days so maybe black-out or window or X bingo.

I've got coffee with the girls and some running around tomorrow. I do have a few more squares to mail this week.

Cool!

You might want to check in with AmyS just to make sure we would not be in any sort of violation of forum guidelines before we start and then get shut down. Something must have changed because I was surprised in the Giveaway section that people could now use terms like "drawing names out of a hat". I have seen similar things shut down in the past.

Sounds like fun :yes

Here's an idea......

There are downloadable bingo cards on-line, one square per card or something like that. Maybe the host to pm or post each persons card. Host to draw daily, it is likely to get a winner in 4 days so maybe black-out or window or X bingo.

I am reluctant to download a lot of things to my computer. I am pretty conservative for fear of viruses. Also my computer is getting pretty old and I am on dial-up so anything with a lot of graphics just locks it up. Sometimes downloading some of the patterns in pdf stresses it out. It won't hurt my feelings if you decide to go this route, I just thought it was something to take into consideration.

How do I join too, I just make some squares that fit what people are after and request addresses from turtle, right? :)

Basically that's it. If you let Sue know she will send you a list with screen names, mailing info, and what they are requesting. If you want to receive squares give her your mailing info and what size, color, type of yarn, and or pattern if any you want to receive. I make squares and send them out but haven't been collecting them.

You might want to check in with AmyS just to make sure we would not be in any sort of violation of forum guidelines before we start and then get shut down. Something must have changed because I was surprised in the Giveaway section that people could now use terms like "drawing names out of a hat". I have seen similar things shut down in the past.

Good point Brenda! I will do that!

I am reluctant to download a lot of things to my computer. I am pretty conservative for fear of viruses. Also my computer is getting pretty old and I am on dial-up so anything with a lot of graphics just locks it up. Sometimes downloading some of the patterns in pdf stresses it out. It won't hurt my feelings if you decide to go this route, I just thought it was something to take into consideration.

I had a thought. I post _ _ _ _ _ and every day I fill in a letter. The first person to PM me the right word wins! Nothing huge. A skein of yarn or 2. A hook. Something handmade. Small stuff like that so postage and cost wouldn't be crazy.

Basically that's it. If you let Sue know she will send you a list with screen names, mailing info, and what they are requesting. If you want to receive squares give her your mailing info and what size, color, type of yarn, and or pattern if any you want to receive. I make squares and send them out but haven't been collecting them.

Yeah, what she said. :lol

Sue if all is good to go and you want to play bingo... I have cards we can play with. it will be simply emailing a card to players. :U

:heart

:mug

Sue if all is good to go and you want to play bingo... I have cards we can play with. it will be simply emailing a card to players. :U

I just PM'd Donna to okay it, so I will let you know when I do! Have I told you that you're awesome lately???? :hug

I just PM'd Donna to okay it, so I will let you know when I do! Have I told you that you're awesome lately???? :hug

Aww.......shucks :blush ......... :hug

Hey guys!! Sorry I've been out but I've been feeling kind of sick lately. So I've been sleeping mainly and getting up to work then more sleeping. :blush Sue I think games are a great idea it sounds like a lot of fun. I'm about to go check the mail for today.. yea I know it's like 9:30 almost. Like I said I've been very out of it.

:fever Hope you feel better real soon Melissa :hug

Hey guys!! Sorry I've been out but I've been feeling kind of sick lately. So I've been sleeping mainly and getting up to work then more sleeping. :blush Sue I think games are a great idea it sounds like a lot of fun. I'm about to go check the mail for today.. yea I know it's like 9:30 almost. Like I said I've been very out of it.

Hi everyone! Games sound like fun. Heather your gan looks beautiful, can't wait to see the finished.

Thanks Glenda for the great looking square I received. Sorry I thought I had posted, but everything is jumbled these days.. I think I need another vacation.

Feel better sweetie!

Im definately in Sue:cheer

Melissa, hope you feel better soon. :hug:hug:hug

Has anyone recieved squares from me? I sent 3 out when I mailed everythign else, and still no confirmation....... Hope they arent lost in the mail:(:eek

I wanted to show an updated pic of my friendshipghan...it's not the final placement of the squares/embellishments, but you can get an idea of what it will look like...it is much more beautiful than this picture shows - I apologize...it sort of blends in with my carpet.

I would love to see pics of how everyone elses friendshipghans are coming along!

post-15073-135897561236_thumb.jpg

Im definately in Sue:cheer

Melissa, hope you feel better soon. :hug:hug:hug

Has anyone recieved squares from me? I sent 3 out when I mailed everythign else, and still no confirmation....... Hope they arent lost in the mail:(:eek

Who'd you send them to? Maybe you should pm them...I sent out a few that I'm not sure reached their destinations too. But sometimes people don't check their mail regularly, and sometimes it takes a while to get online & post thank you's...

i sent them to baseballmom18 and craziebunny

I wanted to show an updated pic of my friendshipghan...it's not the final placement of the squares/embellishments, but you can get an idea of what it will look like...it is much more beautiful than this picture shows - I apologize...it sort of blends in with my carpet.

I would love to see pics of how everyone elses friendshipghans are coming along!

[ATTACH]25161[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25161[/ATTACH]

That is so cool, looks great.

Archived