Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Well, my sister just forced me to turn "That turtle square" into "That turtle coaster" LOL I take absolutely no credit for the coaster what so ever. :hug to the Turtle Square maker.

Here is a pic of what it looks like in coaster form. Also a pic of my friendshipghan squares and dads ghan squares :)

post-39682-135897564645_thumb.jpg

post-39682-135897564649_thumb.jpg

post-39682-135897564651_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S0o as a fee for making her coaster I got my sister to let me make a turtle square using some of her peaches n creme yarn for a square for my blanket (from her of course) hehehe I just love borrowing her yarn :)

Well, my sister just forced me to turn "That turtle square" into "That turtle coaster" LOL I take absolutely no credit for the coaster what so ever. :hug to the Turtle Square maker.

Here is a pic of what it looks like in coaster form. Also a pic of my friendshipghan squares and dads ghan squares :)

Loving the turtle coaster!! champygirl is the designer of That Turtle Square.

The ghans are looking great!

:turtle:vheart

Hello Ladies. I have been MIA for a while now. My 4 children thought it would be great to share a bug :fever between themselves...over...and over...and over :rolleyes It has been a very loong 2 weeks!! I am happy to say sickness has finally left our household. :cheer While the kids are at their dads this weekend I thought I would take the opportunity to take some (crappy) photo's of my fantastic packages I recieved in the last two weeks. Sorry Erin and Sue,you probably thought they never arrived,But they did and I was very excited to open them!!

The first picture is Erin's gorgeous butterfly square that I was sohoping I would recieve.Thank you Erin.I love it!

The second picture is Sue's amazing package.Sue emailed me awhile back asking what type of cotton I would like to try.Well I didn't know the difference between the different cottons so I told Sue to send her favourite...and she sent me some of each!! I couldn't wait to try them out,so I made a burp rug for a little cousin who is allergic to synthetics out of the green sugar and cream stripes.I love the way it turned out - and so soft!! I have always wanted to try the christmas cotton,and have just the thing for it.When I start on my christmas decorations I am going to make some snowmen and make their scarves with it.My square is gorgeous and the kids have been waiting patiently for me to take photo's so they could stick the sticker on the fridge and the girls are trying to claim my keyring and badge :lol

The last picture is of all of the squares I have recieved so far.

Now I want to quickly get my last project out of the way so I can start concentrating on making more squares and moving on to my christmas list. Thanks again for my gorgeous packages.

I'm glad you got it and like it! I wish I could have sent more but I'm just glad I was able to send you a square for your friendship-ghan :).

Loving the turtle coaster.

I'm glad you got it and like it! I wish I could have sent more but I'm just glad I was able to send you a square for your friendship-ghan :).

Erin I loved your butterflies. Postage to Australia is not cheap so I consider myself lucky just to recieve the squares I do :)

Hi Ladies, I know I haven't been on much but I'm still making squares. Everytime I think I got one to everyone someone else joins :lol. Well I have 5 packages going out tomorrow and right now I'm showing 3 more to do but that can change at anytime. This CAL has been so much fun and I love that we keep adding people.

Sue, I need an updated list. I have all the names but I am missing a couple of address.

Erin I loved your butterflies. Postage to Australia is not cheap so I consider myself lucky just to recieve the squares I do :)

Hehe I saw alot of ppl doing the butterfly garden square and I thought it was gorgeous and I just had to try it myself ;).

Morning kids..................

How is everyone today?

I'm hangin' in there! My neck is hurting today due to using my brace last night. And I now have a dumb summer cold!

Great squares being made everyone!

I have some squares I need to mail out this week. I'm kinda busy today finishing up my youngests Birthday'ghan... so wont be workin' on squares today!

off for more coffee and crocheting

Catch up more later!

:heart

:mug

I hear you...it's almost noon, and I'm still downing cup after cup :mug...can't wake up today :yawn - must be the rainy weather. But it's good for my creativity...I've been designing a square for my husband :hook. I want to make him an afghan - one that isn't girly and pink like everything else in my house :lol. His favorite color is grey, so I am making his afghan using grey caron simply soft. I've never used this kind of yarn for an afghan before, but I'm finding that I really like the way it feels :yarn - it's very soft, and lite. Anyway, since I am doing a solid color, I want the afghan to have tons of texture for visual intrest...so that's what I'm trying to do. I will share a pic when I get a little more of it done.

Just stopping by to check how you ladies are doing! I unfortunately am still under the weather. I am now having asthma issues and delt with that all weekend.... lol so no break for me. But I did manage to crochet Bruce a collar last night well a new one. I'm pretty sure he'll have one in every color I have eventually lol. I miss making squares and obsessing over every post on here. I hope you all have an amazing week!

Hi guys! So I was saying this morning that I'd been wanting to join in on the fun over here - but I've been the queen of procrastinators on my WIP afghan. It's seriously taken me 6+ mos to do what I shoulda had done in 2 tops! It's about 80% sc so I'm sure you can see where the momentum got stale on me at times! Now I'm down to 2 1/2 motifs, and getting sluggish again, so my "justification to self" is that now I can make you guys some squares to break up the monotony! I am sitting on small mountain of RHSS so if anyone has specific colors that they've been wanting a square in but haven't received yet, by all means let me know - I'll check the stash and see if I can whip something up for you. I also have 1 skein here and there of all kinds of different things so I'm really excited to have a chance to put them to good use! Oh, and by the way my "real name" is Cameron, it's nice to meet you all. I joined about a month ago and I just love it! You're all so sweet and helpful - it's hard to believe this is an internet forum!!:manyheart

Hi guys! So I was saying this morning that I'd been wanting to join in on the fun over here - but I've been the queen of procrastinators on my WIP afghan. It's seriously taken me 6+ mos to do what I shoulda had done in 2 tops! It's about 80% sc so I'm sure you can see where the momentum got stale on me at times! Now I'm down to 2 1/2 motifs, and getting sluggish again, so my "justification to self" is that now I can make you guys some squares to break up the monotony! I am sitting on small mountain of RHSS so if anyone has specific colors that they've been wanting a square in but haven't received yet, by all means let me know - I'll check the stash and see if I can whip something up for you. I also have 1 skein here and there of all kinds of different things so I'm really excited to have a chance to put them to good use! Oh, and by the way my "real name" is Cameron, it's nice to meet you all. I joined about a month ago and I just love it! You're all so sweet and helpful - it's hard to believe this is an internet forum!!:manyheart

Welcome aboard Cameron. You can go to page one of this thread and you will find the list of people wanting squares along with the size of square, pattern preference if any, color preference if any and type of yarn. You can pm Turtlelvr your email address and request the mailing list which also includes the information about the squares wanted. If you want to be added to the list pm Turtlelvr what you are wanting. Some of us aren't looking for squares and just mail them out.

Just stopping by to check how you ladies are doing! I unfortunately am still under the weather. I am now having asthma issues and delt with that all weekend.... lol so no break for me. But I did manage to crochet Bruce a collar last night well a new one. I'm pretty sure he'll have one in every color I have eventually lol. I miss making squares and obsessing over every post on here. I hope you all have an amazing week!

:hug

Welcome Cameron! :cheer

Hi Brenda! Thank you for the heads up on the pg1 list - i hadn't noticed that info, I thought it was just a list of everybody who's participating (that's what I get for skimming!) Just pm'd my info to Sue a little while ago and I'm so excited to have a new project!

Hope you feel better soon :hug

Morning kids..................

How is everyone today?

I'm hangin' in there! My neck is hurting today due to using my brace last night. And I now have a dumb summer cold!

Great squares being made everyone!

I have some squares I need to mail out this week. I'm kinda busy today finishing up my youngests Birthday'ghan... so wont be workin' on squares today!

Catch up more later!

:heart

:mug

:hug Hope your neck is feeling better

:welcome Glad you joined us :clap

:waving

Welcome to our little paradise :D!!!!

Archived