Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hi guys! So I was saying this morning that I'd been wanting to join in on the fun over here - but I've been the queen of procrastinators on my WIP afghan. It's seriously taken me 6+ mos to do what I shoulda had done in 2 tops! It's about 80% sc so I'm sure you can see where the momentum got stale on me at times! Now I'm down to 2 1/2 motifs, and getting sluggish again, so my "justification to self" is that now I can make you guys some squares to break up the monotony! I am sitting on small mountain of RHSS so if anyone has specific colors that they've been wanting a square in but haven't received yet, by all means let me know - I'll check the stash and see if I can whip something up for you. I also have 1 skein here and there of all kinds of different things so I'm really excited to have a chance to put them to good use! Oh, and by the way my "real name" is Cameron, it's nice to meet you all. I joined about a month ago and I just love it! You're all so sweet and helpful - it's hard to believe this is an internet forum!!:manyheart[/q

:welcomeCameron!!!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! Hope everyone is doing good.... Just wanted to let you all know that I created a new Yahoo group, and you are all more than welcome to join and spread the word around(even if you dont live in MIssouri). Heres the link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MissouriCharityCrochet/ and ill post it in my sig as well., But wanted you ladies to know first since this is my very first ever OWN group.

You ladies have already done so much for me withe the squares for my ghan and dads and the BC Survivor ghans.

It was originally just an idea for me, my mom and sister to work on, and then I thought maybe I can teach my local schools' girl scouts to crochet and help make the ghans for the different charities listed on the discription of the group and it kinda sprung up from there.

Oh, and by the way my "real name" is Cameron, it's nice to meet you all. I joined about a month ago and I just love it! You're all so sweet and helpful - it's hard to believe this is an internet forum!!

So glad you joined our CAL - a word of warning though...it's addicting! Once you start sending squares, you might not ever make it back to that WIP of yours :hook And you are right - this forum is full of the nicest, most generous, helpful people you will ever meet online - I just love crochetville :manyheart

Melissa - sure hope you get feeling better :hugHow is the comfortghan coming along? Do you still need squares?

Hi! Hope everyone is doing good.... Just wanted to let you all know that I created a new Yahoo group, and you are all more than welcome to join and spread the word around(even if you dont live in MIssouri). Heres the link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MissouriCharityCrochet/ and ill post it in my sig as well., But wanted you ladies to know first since this is my very first ever OWN group.

You ladies have already done so much for me withe the squares for my ghan and dads and the BC Survivor ghans.

It was originally just an idea for me, my mom and sister to work on, and then I thought maybe I can teach my local schools' girl scouts to crochet and help make the ghans for the different charities listed on the discription of the group and it kinda sprung up from there.

I love the idea of making baby blankets for pregnant teens! What size do you plan on making the finished ghans? I would like to help when I get some of my wips out of the way. :yes

Good morning......man if you miss a couple of days on here it takes a while to catch up!!!

First.... THANK YOU Rene' for the beautiful square! I love it!!!!:hug

post-37709-135897565223_thumb.jpg

Welcome to our growing group Cameron, by far the best group of folks you will ever find!:yes

Tam and Melissa hope you guys are feeling better soon! :hug

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!

I love the idea of making baby blankets for pregnant teens! What size do you plan on making the finished ghans? I would like to help when I get some of my wips out of the way. :yes

Thanks so much Heather ! I know they will love it! There is a file that is sent out when ever someone joins the yahoo group. But to make it simple they will be 3feet x 3feet plus a pretty border

For all the other blanket dimensions, there is a file that goes out when someone joins the yahoo group. :manyheart

Thanks so much Heather ! I know they will love it! There is a file that is sent out when ever someone joins the yahoo group. But to make it simple they will be 3feet x 3feet plus a pretty border

For all the other blanket dimensions, there is a file that goes out when someone joins the yahoo group. :manyheart

Can I just send squares/blankets directly to you without joining the yahoo group? I have so many groups to keep track of already...:P

Can I just send squares/blankets directly to you without joining the yahoo group? I have so many groups to keep track of already...:P

Thats fine Heather. As long as the squares are somewhere between 6 and 12 inches they can be ww acrylic, baby yarn or cotton yarn. Just be sure to leave a note that they are for MCC (MissouriCharityCrochet) so I dont forget what project they go to :hug

Afternoon Friends.........

just beeboopin' through to say :hi HI

This darn summer head cold has got me movin' slow! *blahh*

:heart

:mug

Thats fine Heather. As long as the squares are somewhere between 6 and 12 inches they can be ww acrylic, baby yarn or cotton yarn. Just be sure to leave a note that they are for MCC (MissouriCharityCrochet) so I dont forget what project they go to :hug

Okay...it will be a while before I can make any, but I definitely want to help. I have a soft spot for teen moms.

Feel better!!! How's your neck??? :hug

:turtle:vheart

Sorry for the head cold.:hug:hug

:hi Alesha, hope you get caught up at work soon!

Okay...it will be a while before I can make any, but I definitely want to help. I have a soft spot for teen moms.

Thats fine Heather Its going to be a very long running project

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I got your box Heather they are beautiful :) Thanks so much

Cool idea! I'm a hop, skip, and a jump from St. Louis, so I'll definitely join your group and hopefully do some items for charity! (can't make any promises though, I'm practically backed up through next year on various projects).

Also, you could probably look around on the Lion Brand website, I know they have a huge database full of various charity organizations sorted by state--I think you are able to submit a charity listing for free. This would be a great way to "advertise" and get more people involved!

Archived