Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Wow oh wow so much to catch up on. Well I did actually finish the square for your brother heather and a few for your friendship-ghan. I had some motifs made up for you but my kids got ahold of them and now I have no clue where they are. As for sending out squares I'm not sure ladies when i can do that again because the night before last our tire blew out and we had to replace that and we really didn't have that money to begin with. There are at least two packages for sure I want to send out within the next few days (heather's and AussiePaula's). After that though not sure how long it may be before i get more out. I'm not giving up though I'll just keep making and making squares until I can send them.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow oh wow so much to catch up on. Well I did actually finish the square for your brother heather and a few for your friendship-ghan. I had some motifs made up for you but my kids got ahold of them and now I have no clue where they are. As for sending out squares I'm not sure ladies when i can do that again because the night before last our tire blew out and we had to replace that and we really didn't have that money to begin with. There are at least two packages for sure I want to send out within the next few days (heather's and AussiePaula's). After that though not sure how long it may be before i get more out. I'm not giving up though I'll just keep making and making squares until I can send them.

You take care of things at home. Just come visit us as normal. If anyone has a problem with you not being able to send out squares...you send them to me. :tryme:rofl

:turtle:vheart

You take care of things at home. Just come visit us as normal. If anyone has a problem with you not being able to send out squares...you send them to me. :tryme:rofl

Lol I love it Sue!

Well folks, I am hitting the road for a few days....watch out DC here I come :D I am taking some yarn...well a whole bag full since it is 8 hours there and 8 hours back...and I dont think I can sneek more in the car than that

I got my moms comfortghan done last night, So I took it over there tonight. she was amazed cried and said how much she appreciates it and then started to cry. She said that she feels like she has a piece of my aunt with her now. I had to tell her where each square was from....she loved them all. :manyheart

I CAN NOT thank you all enough for this. :hug

I will post a pic as soon as I get back, since I had forgot to take one had made her lay it out on the bed so I could get one with my phone, and I have no clue how to upload it yet :lol.

Well folks, I am hitting the road for a few days....watch out DC here I come :D I am taking some yarn...well a whole bag full since it is 8 hours there and 8 hours back...and I dont think I can sneek more in the car than that

I got my moms comfortghan done last night, So I took it over there tonight. she was amazed cried and said how much she appreciates it and then started to cry. She said that she feels like she has a piece of my aunt with her now. I had to tell her where each square was from....she loved them all. :manyheart

I will post a pic as soon as I get back, since I had forgot to take one had made her lay it out on the bed so I could get one with my phone, and I have no clue how to upload it yet :lol.

That's great! I'm very happy she liked it and so glad it makes her feel like she has little pieces of her sister with her now. Have a great time in DC! And I can't wait to see how the comfort-ghan looks :).

Good morning!...just finishing up a cup of coffee, and catching up on posts - this CAL has become my morning habit.

I am off to cpc to browse for 10" squares...there's a "sweet possibility" that one of you will be getting a couple in the mail soon:hook Hope today is a good one for everyone...:hug

Good morning!...just finishing up a cup of coffee, and catching up on posts - this CAL has become my morning habit.

I am off to cpc to browse for 10" squares...there's a "sweet possibility" that one of you will be getting a couple in the mail soon:hook Hope today is a good one for everyone...:hug

theres a sweet possibility that i know who that may be! :rofl

Don't you worry about a thing. Just make sure you come visit us as normal!!

Heather I got your square for the comfortghan! It's beautiful!! Thanks so much! I think I have the enough after the last ones I was promised get here. I'm so excited to get started!!

I'm in a ridiculously good mood thanks to Sue and my graduation surprises. I seriously can't get over the generosity of this board. I can't wait to send out this comfortghan to show Jaycee how many people have been thinking about her and praying for her and the kids...as well as my cousin Sean (her hubby) in Afghanistan.

I'm going to be getting back to making squares in the next 2 weeks...Just had to get a monkey made and out the door (DONE!). :) Plus the July Ami hasn't been started!

I've been super busy!! I have the following ready to go out soon hopefully friday. No promises though. & two more that are already packaged up. (going to same person) :cheer

Beautiful squares!

Have a great trip!!! I'm so happy that the comfortghan brought some joy to your Mom. :hug

:think Now who could they be going to??? :rofl

I'm in a ridiculously good mood thanks to Sue and my graduation surprises. I seriously can't get over the generosity of this board.

Anything for my buddy! :hug

:sun............ Good Morning friends.............

how is everyone this morning? I'm doing okay... still struggling with my eyes. Good thing I can make my screen big and dont need to see well to crochet!

I didnt get any square work done yesterday... but I did manage to put together an afghan of squares I had given to me months ago as a wish.

post-18634-135897553246_thumb.jpg

Well........ I'm off to get a refill on my coffee and see about getting some squares made today!

you all have a GREAT day

:heart

:mug

Nicole, I just went over to the charity CAL and checked out the pictures of the comfortghan! WOW!!! That came out gorgeous!!!

how is everyone this morning? I'm doing okay... still struggling with my eyes. Good thing I can make my screen big and dont need to see well to crochet!

I didnt get any square work done yesterday... but I did manage to put together an afghan of squares I had given to me months ago as a wish.

Well........ I'm off to get a refill on my coffee and see about getting some squares made today!

you all have a GREAT day

Very pretty Tammy! We're off at sometime for some shopping and lunch. I need to find filter floss and charcoal floss for my turtle tank. I bought the best brand filter, but now I'm having a hard time finding stuff for it without ordering online.

Good Morning All!!!

I would really love to do a friendship-ghan! So I'm jumping in and snooping around.

I find interesting square patterns or play with a color combo, do one, and then put it aside. Well, I have a shoebox full of 'one squares' and I guess they need a home. So I'll check to see who needs what and see if they can be adopted by a kindly crocheter who will love them and give them a forever home.

(oh brother....how sappy can I get? :2blush )

Anywho... have a great day!

Good Morning All!!!

I would really love to do a friendship-ghan! So I'm jumping in and snooping around.

I find interesting square patterns or play with a color combo, do one, and then put it aside. Well, I have a shoebox full of 'one squares' and I guess they need a home. So I'll check to see who needs what and see if they can be adopted by a kindly crocheter who will love them and give them a forever home.

Welcome!:cheer

Heather I got your square for the comfortghan! It's beautiful!! Thanks so much! I think I have the enough after the last ones I was promised get here. I'm so excited to get started!!

You are welcome...glad you like it - I am excited to see the finished ghan!

teakaycee, your ghan looks great! :hook I haven't been feeling good the last two days. I got three squares ready to be mailed to you, Heather (hhensler). I might get up to the post office today. I have to mail some pictures to my Mom (Grandma) of all the kids (grandkids). The envelope is pretty thick.. It's going to be a couple dollars at least. :P If I don't start feeling worse again...

don't let life get you down. Like the others said keep popping in and don't get down on yourself! :hug I know how it is to go through tough times. But "this too shall pass":)

I've been super busy!! I have the following ready to go out soon hopefully friday. No promises though. & two more that are already packaged up. (going to same person) :cheer

So pretty!!!:yes

Don't you worry about a thing. Just make sure you come visit us as normal!!

I'm in a ridiculously good mood thanks to Sue and my graduation surprises. I seriously can't get over the generosity of this board. I can't wait to send out this comfortghan to show Jaycee how many people have been thinking about her and praying for her and the kids...as well as my cousin Sean (her hubby) in Afghanistan.

I'm going to be getting back to making squares in the next 2 weeks...Just had to get a monkey made and out the door (DONE!). :) Plus the July Ami hasn't been started!

As I said before, you deserved it Alesha! :) I posted before but didn't name names :D, but thank you again Alesha for the RAOK that you sent to me and Kalie. :hug I find it hard to believe the generous hearts of the ladies that meet here myself!

[ATTACH]23939[/ATTACH]

you all have a GREAT day

Tam- I hope your eyes get better quick, You might need to check your sugar. When my husband found out 2 years ago he was a diabetic, that was one of the signs. Not to worry you or anything, but never hurts to be safe and check it out. ;) Thank you again, Tam for your square and the little doggie bag that was so cute! :hug

teakaycee, your ghan looks great! :hook I haven't been feeling good the last two days. I got three squares ready to be mailed to you, Heather (hhensler). I might get up to the post office today. I have to mail some pictures to my Mom (Grandma) of all the kids (grandkids). The envelope is pretty thick.. It's going to be a couple dollars at least. :P If I don't start feeling worse again...

:hugSure hope you get to feeling better soon!

Nicole, I just went over to the charity CAL and checked out the pictures of the comfortghan! WOW!!! That came out gorgeous!!! YES.......... agree........ VERY PRETTY!

Very pretty Tammy! Thank you!!! We're off at sometime for some shopping and lunch. I need to find filter floss and charcoal floss for my turtle tank. I bought the best brand filter, but now I'm having a hard time finding stuff for it without ordering online. Oh... good luck with your shopping... and have fun!

Tam - That's lovely! Thank you dear!

Sue - Thank you! I received some really great squares for the comforghan. It's so close to being finished. I hope to ship it next week.

Good Morning All!!!

I would really love to do a friendship-ghan! So I'm jumping in and snooping around. :yay.......... welcome to the fun!!!!!

teakaycee, your ghan looks great! :hookThanks sweetie!!! I haven't been feeling good the last two days. Oh... I'm sorry!!! feel better soon dear! I got three squares ready to be mailed to you, Heather (hhensler). I might get up to the post office today. I have to mail some pictures to my Mom (Grandma) of all the kids (grandkids). The envelope is pretty thick.. It's going to be a couple dollars at least. :P If I don't start feeling worse again...

Hi and welcome to BreenyBeanie! Glad you have joined us.

Tammy your afghan is very pretty! Thank you so much!!! :hug

Melissa...pretty squares, can't wait to see where they land.

Oh sure...blame me! ;):sofunny:hug

Hey if the shoe fits............

Life happens. You have to hang around to keep Sue on her toes.:rofl

And no one's messin' with the boss of this CAL:tryme:box

Very nice squares!

Have a safe trip. I am so glad you got enough squares to finish your mom's comfortghan. I am glad it made her feel better.

Looking forward to seeing the finished comfortghan. If you ever run out to Ami ideas I don't think anyone would mind if you started sending out sock monkeys. I have seen some of the ones you have done and they are so cute.

[ATTACH]23939[/ATTACH]

you all have a GREAT day

I hope your eyes are better. Sometimes mine are really bad from allergies. The afghan is beautiful.

Good Morning All!!!

Welcome to the group.

Sue, I guess this means our lists are once again out of date. I try to limit my requests for an updated list to just once per week whether I need it or not.:devil

!!!!!!!!!!!A.....Sweet.......Possibility???????? Could it be me :scrachin. I will be sleeping under my mailbox for the next little while that's for sure :P!

Good Morning All!!!

Welcome welcome to the Cal, have no squares well soon you shal :cheer! Hehee I love acting goofy :P.

Thank you very much to all who have made the comforting remarks. I will surely be making my frequent visits to here even if i can't send squares atm. I am addicted to this cal there is no getting rid of me :P lol. I hpe everyone is having a great day!

Archived