Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I sent mine out today. It was 5 cents more to go Priority! So you should have it Thursday!

They got you for the extra nickel?!:lol

I'm making one for your brother atm Heather. I just hope I can send it before you don't need it anymore. We have kinda hit a snag here at my place and I'm not sure when I can send squares again. But I am going to try hard.

No pressure! I hope everything is okay...:hug

The envelope was all trashed, and inside a plastic bag

:eek

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P.P.S. I'm working on beginning a new yarn/fiber craft--spinning! I just ordered a drop spindle which is coming with a ball of roving wool. My mom learned how to spin when she was in college and she told me she'd teach me. :) I'm so excited! :woo

That sounds like lots of fun!!! I be looking forward to seeing your work!

Thank you for my square, I love it and thanks for putting the name of the color on it too. :hug

P.P.S. I'm working on beginning a new yarn/fiber craft--spinning! I just ordered a drop spindle which is coming with a ball of roving wool. My mom learned how to spin when she was in college and she told me she'd teach me. I'm so excited!

Something about spinning is very appealing...I have been tempted to try, but am afraid I won't be able to stop:lol

JEEZE I take a nap and miss like five pages... and sue you already knew I was crazy!!!

And I love that your crazy! :hug

I just got back from the post office. I mailed two squares out to you, TurtleLvr.

:cheer Thank you!!! I can't wait to see them!

P.S. Sue, can you send me a new list? No rush--I'm still caught up in making baby items for my multitude of pregnant friends.

Sent! :)

I am making progress on squares!! lol I was kinda distracted for a while.

I'm glad you're not "distracted" anymore. :hug

They got you for the extra nickel?!:lol

:rofl

:turtle:vheart

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

I posted this but then just realized i think i posted in wrong place...:blush oops!

To my FGM who sent me AND Kalie squares apiece-thank you! Also thank you for the little notepads that went along with them. That was the first square for either one of us. Poor Kalie only has done 1 granny square, but she says it is going to YOU!! :hug:hug

:clap

Alesha, thank you so much for the 2 squares and for squares in a box that is so cool! :hug

awww I'm so glad you liked them! is the color ok? I hope you enjoy the box of blocks!

Something about spinning is very appealing...I have been tempted to try, but am afraid I won't be able to stop:lol

I do not - I repeat DO NOT need another craft....stop it ladies...my boyfriend is going to kick me out. lol

morning ladies!! okay... i can already feel my coffee wearing off... work is brutally hot already and its only going on 9. cant wait to get off work going to see if erin wants to hang out and crochet and have a play date for our dogs :rofl although i think its more for us than the dogs

Yeah...I'm worried that I'm going to end up with more projects than time! I'm also really interested in dying the yarn myself...but I need to actually produce nice yarn first!

That sounds like lots of fun!!! I be looking forward to seeing your work!

Thank you for my square, I love it and thanks for putting the name of the color on it too. :hug

You're welcome! I try to write the name of the color on the back of the tags for all the squares, especially if it is something that most people wouldn't generally recognize. Your color was in the Sugar 'n Cream Culinary Colors line...it looked more outdoorsy than foody to me!

I am making progress on squares!! lol I was kinda distracted for a while. I got five packages ready but I don't know when I can send them. & Heather are you needing squares for your brother by a specific date? I really want to send one but I'm having a hard time finding the cotton I need. The walmarts here are remodeling and wiped out the cotton sections to replace the brand and the black is currently empty :[ Anywho I will be working on squares the rest of the week. I'm on a mission.

No deadline...I can't find anymore black or black variegated either...I hope they get more in soon.

No deadline...I can't find anymore black or black variegated either...I hope they get more in soon.

Heather, I sent you a square for your brother's comfortghan, and some black variegated yarn so you can :crocheting a few more squares until your walmart stocks back up :hug (mailed yesterday)

Melissa, I made a square for your sister's comfortghan last night, will get in the mail in the next couple of days.

Rene'

Boy, Melissa you aren't kidding, go away from the computer and you have 5 pages to catch up on.

I'm still crocheting away and almost done.

Heather, I have the square for your brother's ghan done just need to send it. I terrible at sending them all out. I will definitely send out the packages this week. I'll include a skein of the black cotton with it. I bought 2 skeins just to be safe since I know they were clearancing it out.

Welcome to all the newbies. This is one fun place.

Ok Sue, I took the hint. PiscesCrocheter wants any size any color and has the same address as pineknott so we don't need another new list.:lolGot it.

Heather, I sent you a square for your brother's comfortghan, and some black variegated yarn so you can a few more squares until your walmart stocks back up (mailed yesterday)

You are awesome!!!:cheer Thank you so much!

Heather, I have the square for your brother's ghan done just need to send it. I terrible at sending them all out. I will definitely send out the packages this week. I'll include a skein of the black cotton with it. I bought 2 skeins just to be safe since I know they were clearancing it out.

I do the same thing...my post office is kind of far so I have a tendancy to let things pile up a bit before I mail them out. Thank you for your help with my brothers afghan!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SENT SQUARES/EXTRA YARN FOR MY BROTHERS COMFORT-GHAN!!!!!!!

:sun....... Afternoon friends..........

how has everyones day been so far?

Mine has been busy........ and a bit difficult. For some reason... my eyes have been giving me issues... the last couple days now ... its real blurry. :( So if there are misspelled words.... you'll know why. :D

I just got back from the post office. I mailed two squares out to you, TurtleLvr. I thought, "I should check my box while I'm here", and I got my very first Friendship Square! :yayI'm so glad the square made it! and you like it! The envelope was all trashed, and inside a plastic bag. :angryOh goodness!!! I hope there wasn't anything else in the envelope. I dont think she tucked anything else in... but I'll ask her. Thank you, Jamie (teakaycee's daughter)!!!! :hug:D I love the bright colors. :)

:heart

:mug

Dang, if I knew that I ended up with 1 3/4 left of the variegated. I would have stuck it in the package. Let me know if you need more and I'll send you what I have.

Ok Sue, I took the hint. PiscesCrocheter wants any size any color and has the same address as pineknott so we don't need another new list.:lolGot it.

I thought about the name too. :lol Anyone wanting the newest list, just ask. Pat I'll send it to you now.

I want to thank Sue again for starting this CAL. I am a new crocheter, I just started in Feb and found Crochetville in March. I have no one that crochets to help me so what I have learned has been on my on. Being part of this group has been a blessing, just getting to know so many of you that are so dear and special to me. But…being here has forced and pushed me to crochet beyond me abilities and has changed my I can’t do that to I’ll give it a try, and try , and try and sometimes try again! So thanks Sue for all that you do and in so many ways you touch others that you may never even realize.

I LOVE THIS CAL!!!! :hug

I want to thank Sue again for starting this CAL. I am a new crocheter, I just started in Feb and found Crochetville in March. I have no one that crochets to help me so what I have learned has been on my on. Being part of this group has been a blessing, just getting to know so many of you that are so dear and special to me. But…being here has forced and pushed me to crochet beyond me abilities and has changed my I can’t do that to I’ll give it a try, and try , and try and sometimes try again! So thanks Sue for all that you do and in so many ways you touch others that you may never even realize.

Agreed! Crochetville has made me a much better crocheter. & this Cal is amazing and I can point to my squares and tell about it, and the amazing people are here. Your every bit as special! :hug

Heather, I just finished up a square for your brother's comfortghan (besides the ones I am sending you, too). I will put what I have left of my black/grey/white variegated in with it.. How can they run out of your color~ is that Murphy's Law, or what?... :blush

Oh sure...blame me! ;):sofunny:hug

Heather, I just finished up a square for your brother's comfortghan (besides the ones I am sending you, too). I will put what I have left of my black/grey/white variegated in with it.. How can they run out of your color~ is that Murphy's Law, or what?... :blush

Thank you! I am sure they will get more in eventually...of course, knowing Walmart, they may not:lol

Archived