Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

So I'm about ready to start sewing my friendshipghan together (received the last square I needed the other day) and thought I'd love a afghan made up entirely of That Turtle Square. So anyone wanting to send me a square or 2 or 13 (HEATHER! :lol), I'd love it if you used this pattern. Any colors, cotton yarn.

Thanks! :hug

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I'm about ready to start sewing my friendshipghan together (received the last square I needed the other day) and thought I'd love a afghan made up entirely of That Turtle Square. So anyone wanting to send me a square or 2 or 13 (HEATHER! :lol), I'd love it if you used this pattern. Any colors, cotton yarn.

:lolI will definitely send one...

:cake Happy Birthday Melissa!!

Heather I finally had a chance to do up a couple kitchen towel rings....They are great!!! Thank you for the link!

I will totally send you one!!!

of course I'll send one!!!!!

:heart

:mug

:lolI will definitely send one...

Just one?? :rofl

I will totally send you one!!!

Awesome!!

Thank you lol

You're welcome!

of course I'll send one!!!!!

Thanks Tammy!!! I'll name your square Daytona! :lol

I forgot to add, I had to use a J hook to make it 6".

I signed on the Ville to post a picture of all the squares layed out ready to be sewn and forgot to do it! :rofl Any who...here it is! Its laying on my futon (full size mattress).

post-28075-135897551894_thumb.jpg

I signed on the Ville to post a picture of all the squares layed out ready to be sewn and forgot to do it! :rofl Any who...here it is! Its laying on my futon (full size mattress).

[ATTACH]23752[/ATTACH]

That looks great, Sue! It makes me excited to finish mine, even though I'm still 30 squares away from my goal size. :)

Ive decided that my blanket is gonna be 10 squares long by 8 squares wide.:eek

Im using 7" squares, so any 6" squares that I recieve will have one more row added on plus the joining row.

Guess I better get :crocheting

I have 4 squares done so only 76 left :eek

Ive decided that my blanket is gonna be 10 squares long by 8 squares wide.:eek

Im using 7" squares, so any 6" squares that I recieve will have one more row added on plus the joining row.

Guess I better get :crocheting

I have 4 squares done so only 76 left :eek

Only 76 left! :lol I'm making a scrapghan. I only have 61 left to make. :lol

That looks great, Sue! It makes me excited to finish mine, even though I'm still 30 squares away from my goal size. :)

We'll get you there! I want to work through the list once, then I'll go back and start again!

Sue, your afghan looks terrific!

Doesn't it! I just love the variety of colors and patterns! I don't think there are 2 squares with the same pattern! You gals ROCK! :cheer

Thanks Tammy!!! I'll name your square Daytona! :lolLOL Perfect!!!

[ATTACH]23752[/ATTACH]

Oh...............that is going to be so cool!!!

[ATTACH]23752[/ATTACH]

That looks great!

I would love to make you one!!!!

Alesha...guess what arrived?!:cheer Thank you so much!!! I love the square for my brothers comfort-ghan:yes, and also the four beautiful squares you made for my friendship-ghan:yes...the crochet blocks in a box, and memo pad are so cute...but you really made my day (and it was worth every day that you waited!) when I saw the HOOKS!...those glorious BAMBOO HOOKS!!!! :wooI have been wanting to try bamboo hooks FOREVER. You totally ROCK!:cheer I have already put them to use making friendship squares:hook Here are some pictures of exactly what was in the package...

My brother's square:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-11.jpg

My freindship squares:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-5.jpg

The package in it's entirety:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-3.jpg

Alesha...guess what arrived?!:cheer Thank you so much!!! I love the square for my brothers comfort-ghan:yes, and also the four beautiful squares you made for my friendship-ghan:yes...the crochet blocks in a box, and memo pad are so cute...but you really made my day (and it was worth every day that you waited!) when I saw the HOOKS!...those glorious BAMBOO HOOKS!!!! :wooI have been wanting to try bamboo hooks FOREVER. You totally ROCK!:cheer I have already put them to use making friendship squares:hook Here are some pictures of exactly what was in the package...

My brother's square:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-11.jpg

My freindship squares:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-5.jpg

The package in it's entirety:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-3.jpg

Darn thing took forever! :) So glad you like everything! :yay:manyheart

so demanding....haha I'm in!

Hi Everyone!! Just wanted to say hi. :lol

Check me out - my first multi quote! Woot!!

I found some black cotton at Meijers.:cheer so i will be making a square today hopefully sending it out tomorrow.

I am leaving for a family vaca. to DC next week,its my hubby's surprise grad gift to me :eek...how sweet he is.:manyheart So i am trying to figure out how much yarn I can fit in the car with me

I love DC...I'm about 2.5 hours NE. Have a blast!

is it too late to join in?

Welcome to the insanity! :)

So I hate to ask when so many seem to be asking right now.

Here's a lil info

My sister has been having unbearable pain for the past year and a half. Eventually (more recently) she started having short term memory loss, migrains to the point where she throws up, and still the pain. She's super skinny now at just barely 100 pounds. she can hardly get out of bed some days. It took them almost a year to tell her she has the beginings of M.S. then just two weeks ago she finally had a cat scan ( a lil late if you ask me) and was told she has a tumor on her brain. Now it is benign but it's pressing against her nerves causing the deep pain she's feeling. So now she's taking so many pills a day it's hard to keep track. She's on pain killers, anti depressiants, anti phsyotics, steroids. She got a steroid shot right in her head. They are attempting to shrink it, and doing a scan again in a month. Then if no change operateing to remove it. It's not inoperable but it a big risk and a very serious surgury. She also has four kids. Three who are currently visiting for the summer(she's divorced) and she's been getting up every day, living off pills saving face for her kids. Then on top of that put together a party for my birthday this sunday and went out of her way. It's a bit hard for me as we've never been that close until recently. & it's hard to watch her miss out on her kids birthdays and holidays and when she finally gets them for the summer she has to deal with this.

Anyways. I'm asking for 12 inch squares with this pattern in WW yarn

http://yarncrazy.blogspot.com/2009/05/kaleidoscope-blossom.html

if it's too difficult please let me know, I can find something else I just want a uniform look to the afghan.

& I'm looking for the colors in the picture below. Red heart colors, Petal pink, rose pink and coffee (minus the white as I'm joining it in white and doing a white border.)

Thanks for reading if you read all that I know it's a bit long.

First of all, I'm sooo sorry. I work for a brain tumor/brain cancer organization. The patients are some of the most amazing people I've ever met. If you ever need a contact - someone to talk to etc. Please let me know and I'll send you in the right direction.

Also, I'm totally in - I'll try to go tonight after class (depending on what time I get out of class) to get the yarn.

[ATTACH]23738[/ATTACH]

GOOD MORNING ALL................

It has been so busy around here with the boys finishing up their summer baseball season.

I have a handful of squares made and ready for the mail.

I'll be sending those out this week. :hook

hope you all have a GREAT day!

I'm off to get a coffee refill.... do a load of laundry and get ready to watch the legion ball team play tonight in town!

I did laundry and dishes ALL day yesterday and I still feel like I have 500 things to do. Never ending!! :think:eek

Melissa - I bought some yarn for your sisters comfort-ghan today...they didn't have all of the colors that you wanted...here's what I got: they had the coffee brown, and the petal pink...had to improvise the other pink, and I know you didn't want the bright pinks, so I got the only other one they had which is Lt. Raspberry. I think it will look pretty good. I should be able to get started on a square within the next couple of days...

Archived