Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I actually figured out how to upload my phone pics....thses are of my moms comfortghan. It is on her spare twin bed. We made it to DC, I have already drove by the pentagon wow it is so cool looking. tomorrow we are heading to the smithsonian and washington monument.

that looks great!!!!!!:cheer

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually figured out how to upload my phone pics....thses are of my moms comfortghan. It is on her spare twin bed. We made it to DC, I have already drove by the pentagon wow it is so cool looking. tomorrow we are heading to the smithsonian and washington monument.

That turned out great! I'm sure your mom loves it! I hope you have a good time in DC.:hug

Melissa, I get what you're wanting now. I can be a little think headed at times. All of you keep your mouths shut. :rofl

Did my package come today? They took me for 5 cents saying it would! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Yes! It did the nickel was worth it...I just wasn't able to get my thank you posted till now...:ty Sue, the squares are great...big thanks for those, the little magnetic bookmark is adorable, and I am double excited about the yarn:jumpyay!!! I can't get that color pink in cotton around here...the only colors I get are varigated pink, and hot pink. Thanks again for everything! Here's a pic...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-6.jpg

It's beautiful!:yay

Rene, and mom (Pisces Crocheter & Pineknott)...THANK YOU! I got your package yesterday afternoon, and:day not only did you send a square for my brothers comfort-ghan, but also extra yarn - so now I can get back to work on some squares...and the little flower embellishments for my friendship-ghan are so sweet...they are perfect!:manyheart

PICS!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-13.jpg

That looks great Tonya! Have fun in DC!!!

Yes! It did the nickel was worth it...I just wasn't able to get my thank you posted till now...:ty Sue, the squares are great...big thanks for those, the little magnetic bookmark is adorable, and I am double excited about the yarn:jumpyay!!! I can't get that color pink in cotton around here...the only colors I get are varigated pink, and hot pink. Thanks again for everything! Here's a pic...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-6.jpg

You're welcome! I remember you saying you couldn't get much in pink cotton! I had some left over from the comfortghan I'm working on so I figured I'd send it to you!

Tonya, it is beautiful. Hope you have lots of fun on your vacation!

You're welcome! I remember you saying you couldn't get much in pink cotton! I had some left over from the comfortghan I'm working on so I figured I'd send it to you!

Well, you have a better memory than I do...I forgot I said that:lol Thanks again...I have a pattern already picked out for it - some knitted cables. I am adding some squares/rectangles of my own to my friendship-ghan.:hook:crocheting

I laid out all of the squares that I have recieved for my friendship-ghan so far, and I have to show you...it's going to look SO AWESOME when I finally have enough to put it together! This is not the final placement of the squares, and I don't have any of the embellishments laid out, but take a look...I'm loving it so far!:manyheart

002-7.jpg

I laid out all of the squares that I have recieved for my friendship-ghan so far, and I have to show you...it's going to look SO AWESOME when I finally have enough to put it together! This is not the final placement of the squares, and I don't have any of the embellishments laid out, but take a look...I'm loving it so far!:manyheart

:yes Heather, Very Pretty

Tonya, Your comfortghan turned out beautiful. Have fun in DC :)

Rene, and mom (Pisces Crocheter & Pineknott)...THANK YOU! I got your package yesterday afternoon, and:day not only did you send a square for my brothers comfort-ghan, but also extra yarn - so now I can get back to work on some squares...and the little flower embellishments for my friendship-ghan are so sweet...they are perfect!:manyheart

:clap I'm glad the package arrived, happy to help :hug

Tonya, your afghan looks great. I hope you are having fun in DC. (I just realized~ your name, and the "l"... my sister's name is Tonya and her last name starts with L.. I'm so dizzy sometimes.. :P)

Heather, that is going to look nice.

Wow oh wow so much to catch up on. Well I did actually finish the square for your brother heather and a few for your friendship-ghan. I had some motifs made up for you but my kids got ahold of them and now I have no clue where they are. As for sending out squares I'm not sure ladies when i can do that again because the night before last our tire blew out and we had to replace that and we really didn't have that money to begin with. There are at least two packages for sure I want to send out within the next few days (heather's and AussiePaula's). After that though not sure how long it may be before i get more out. I'm not giving up though I'll just keep making and making squares until I can send them.

Hey you do what you can and we definitely want you to stick around

Well folks, I am hitting the road for a few days....watch out DC here I come :D I am taking some yarn...well a whole bag full since it is 8 hours there and 8 hours back...and I dont think I can sneek more in the car than that

I got my moms comfortghan done last night, So I took it over there tonight. she was amazed cried and said how much she appreciates it and then started to cry. She said that she feels like she has a piece of my aunt with her now. I had to tell her where each square was from....she loved them all. :manyheart

I CAN NOT thank you all enough for this. :hug

I will post a pic as soon as I get back, since I had forgot to take one had made her lay it out on the bed so I could get one with my phone, and I have no clue how to upload it yet :lol.

Glad your mom liked it. Have a great time in DC. I actually know a couple of other people that are going there this weekend.

Good Morning All!!!

I would really love to do a friendship-ghan! So I'm jumping in and snooping around.

I find interesting square patterns or play with a color combo, do one, and then put it aside. Well, I have a shoebox full of 'one squares' and I guess they need a home. So I'll check to see who needs what and see if they can be adopted by a kindly crocheter who will love them and give them a forever home.

(oh brother....how sappy can I get? :2blush )

Anywho... have a great day!

Welcome on in.

The ghan looks great, beautiful job. Sounds like you will be having a lot of fun in DC

Heather I got your square for the comfortghan! It's beautiful!! Thanks so much! I think I have the enough after the last ones I was promised get here. I'm so excited to get started!!

I'm in a ridiculously good mood thanks to Sue and my graduation surprises. I seriously can't get over the generosity of this board. I can't wait to send out this comfortghan to show Jaycee how many people have been thinking about her and praying for her and the kids...as well as my cousin Sean (her hubby) in Afghanistan.

I'm going to be getting back to making squares in the next 2 weeks...Just had to get a monkey made and out the door (DONE!). :) Plus the July Ami hasn't been started!

Did I miss the pic??????

:sun............ Good Morning friends.............

how is everyone this morning? I'm doing okay... still struggling with my eyes. Good thing I can make my screen big and dont need to see well to crochet!

I didnt get any square work done yesterday... but I did manage to put together an afghan of squares I had given to me months ago as a wish.

[ATTACH]23939[/ATTACH]

Well........ I'm off to get a refill on my coffee and see about getting some squares made today!

you all have a GREAT day

:heart

:mug

Very nice ghan

002-7.jpg

I think this is going to turn out just great. Can't wait to see it finished.

Hope I didn't miss anymore. I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days so I haven't been on the computer and now I'm trying to keep track of everything that's been going on. I promised myself all the packages will be out for mail on Monday. That's gives me two days to pack them up.

Hopefully I can manage that. :lol

Well, you have a better memory than I do...I forgot I said that:lol Thanks again...I have a pattern already picked out for it - some knitted cables. I am adding some squares/rectangles of my own to my friendship-ghan.:hook:crocheting

I remember what I need to. If its about yarn, I remember. If its my own name, I forget. :rofl

Very pretty! I love the turtle square! ;)

Did I miss the pic??????

Alesha got this month's TLC tote.

I got another package with goodies for my friendship-ghan!!! Glenda...thank you so much - I LOVE the squares & the butterfly & flower are so pretty!!! Look everyone!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-15.jpg

Great job Glenda!!

Heather I was just at walmart in the clarence section and came across a lone ball of black sugar and cream cotton!! and it was only a dollar!! I'm going to make it tonight and send you the square for your brother's comfortghan and some squares for you and stuff whatever I have left from the black cotton in there tomorrow.

Heather I got your square for the comfortghan! It's beautiful!! Thanks so much! I think I have the enough after the last ones I was promised get here. I'm so excited to get started!!

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Heather I was just at walmart in the clarence section and came across a lone ball of black sugar and cream cotton!! and it was only a dollar!! I'm going to make it tonight and send you the square for your brother's comfortghan and some squares for you and stuff whatever I have left from the black cotton in there tomorrow.

Thank you...I'm loving this CAL...everyone is so generous:hug

Tonya, your afghan looks great. I hope you are having fun in DC. (I just realized~ your name, and the "l"... my sister's name is Tonya and her last name starts with L.. I'm so dizzy sometimes.. :P)

Heather, that is going to look nice.

lol its my first name and middle initial.

So many awesome squares! I just hope the pink and cream I have for you heather are ok because i was looking at your squares and i don't really have those colors. But they are pink and cream according to their label lol. I am hoping to get those two packages out tomorrow or the next day.

So many awesome squares! I just hope the pink and cream I have for you heather are ok because i was looking at your squares and i don't really have those colors. But they are pink and cream according to their label lol. I am hoping to get those two packages out tomorrow or the next day.

If you found different shades of pink and cream than what I already have that's even better! I am hoping for a variety...btw: you have a package en route:hook

Archived