Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

x3melissa3705 I am not sure my colors are going to be exactly the same colors you want the brown is right but not sure about the pinks you can always use it in your frienshipgahn

I'm sure it will be fine. :hug It it's too off I will use it in mine. But the main reason I chose specific colors is because I didn't want the neon pinks. lol So if it's not the neon pink I'm sure it will blend in just fine.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Heather for my squares.That now makes a total of 3! :D I recieved them yesterday.I love them both.Thank you.The blue varigated is gorgeous yarn!!I will post pics when I get a chance.

I recieved the cotton for your brothers square and tried out the pattern,but it just isn't working for me!!I am looking for another quick pattern and will have the square out ASAP.The cotton is somewhat thin so I am doubling up.I hope it still isn't too thin.Would make life easier if cotton/yarn was the same ply the world over!

Thank you Heather for my squares.That now makes a total of 3! I recieved them yesterday.I love them both.Thank you.The blue varigated is gorgeous yarn!!I will post pics when I get a chance.

I recieved the cotton for your brothers square and tried out the pattern,but it just isn't working for me!!I am looking for another quick pattern and will have the square out ASAP.The cotton is somewhat thin so I am doubling up.I hope it still isn't too thin.Would make life easier if cotton/yarn was the same ply the world over!

:cheerYou got them! I was wondering how long it would take...

And don't worry, I'm sure that your cotton will be fine...also, just make whatever square you are comfortable with - the crochet dude's pattern has given many people trouble...so whatever you are comfortable making is fine with me! ;)

:tyThank you to Tina, and Jenny for the squares you sent for my brother's comfort-ghan, and also my friendship-ghan!:hug

Jenny's squares/flowers:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/001-17.jpg

Tina's squares:

My brother's square:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-8.jpg

Knitted bikini:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-5.jpg

Knitted butterfly/my dogs nose:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/004-3.jpg

Erin, I definitely want to try your square as soon as my finger gets feeling better (right now it's swollen so bad it looks like a hot dog:yuck)...

Melissa, your sister's afghan is going to look amazing!:yay And who sent the palm tree square?!?! I LOVE it! Is there a pattern somewhere...I would love to make one in pinks/cream for my friendship-ghan (yes, I've been making a few small squares for my own ghan...I am ashamed:blush)

Michelle, I will be watching the mail :mail- Thank you for your help!

Okay so I'm finally situated with the pictures!! They are all of squares I have recently received and comfortghan progresss!! A HUGE thank you to Erin, Heather, Rene, & Tina!!

Melissa, the comfortghan for your sister is really going to be beautiful!

:cheerYou got them! I was wondering how long it would take...

And don't worry, I'm sure that your cotton will be fine...also, just make whatever square you are comfortable with - the crochet dude's pattern has given many people trouble...so whatever you are comfortable making is fine with me! ;)

:tyThank you to Tina, and Jenny for the squares you sent for my brother's comfort-ghan, and also my friendship-ghan!:hug

Jenny's squares/flowers:

Tina's squares:

My brother's square:

Knitted bikini:

Erin, I definitely want to try your square as soon as my finger gets feeling better (right now it's swollen so bad it looks like a hot dog:yuck)...

Melissa, your sister's afghan is going to look amazing!:yay And who sent the palm tree square?!?! I LOVE it! Is there a pattern somewhere...I would love to make one in pinks/cream for my friendship-ghan (yes, I've been making a few small squares for my own ghan...I am ashamed:blush)

Michelle, I will be watching the mail :mail- Thank you for your help!

Wow Heather, you have gotten some cool squares!!

Hope your finger gets better soon :hug

Why not, Sue?!:lol

Tell you what, I'll send them to you to sew together since you can't crochet right now. :rofl How's that finger doing anyhow??

SUe- read that you won 'ANNIE" ! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm so excited! She gets mailed today!! :cheer

Okay so I'm finally situated with the pictures!! They are all of squares I have recently received and comfortghan progresss!! A HUGE thank you to Erin, Heather, Rene, & Tina!!

Those are very pretty! The comfortghan is going to be gorgeous! Once my head is some what on straight I will get a square out to you.

Jenny's squares/flowers:

Tina's squares:

My brother's square:

Knitted bikini:

Pretty squares!!!

:turtle:vheart

Tell you what, I'll send them to you to sew together since you can't crochet right now. How's that finger doing anyhow??

It's basically unrecognizable as a finger at this point:lol...it's so swollen that all of the skin is stretched TIGHT, and there are no lines or wrinkles on it...it's perfectly smooth:eek

It's basically unrecognizable as a finger at this point:lol...it's so swollen that all of the skin is stretched TIGHT, and there are no lines or wrinkles on it...it's perfectly smooth:eek

OUCH!! Take care of it! Remember, you can still yarn shop in the mean time! :lol

You're welcome!:hug

The part I found difficult with the Crochet Dude's square was the turning at the end of each round, and putting the last stitches of the round into the first stitiches. I really like the effect of the ridges. But if I make it again I may try making it without turning.

OUCH!! Take care of it! Remember, you can still yarn shop in the mean time

In about an hour to be exact :lol I'm heading over to Michaels, then Walmart.

I am great, you can hardly see the scar on my hand, but the one on my face is going to take a while, the doc said 9 to 12 months.

Figures it's the one on your face that will take the longest to heal...9-12 MONTHS?!?! :eek I will keep you in my prayers:hug

BTW: for those of you who don't know...Glenda has created a monster! She sent my daughters the most amazing package with yarn, crochet hooks, totes & paint/buttons to embellish...anyway, my ten year old has not stopped crocheting ever since!:hook She even tries to design her own patterns :eek Now she borrows my books, and puts yarn :yarn on the shopping list! Here's a pic of one of the squares that she made...

011.jpg

BTW: for those of you who don't know...Glenda has created a monster! She sent my daughters the most amazing package with yarn, crochet hooks, totes & paint/buttons to embellish...anyway, my ten year old has not stopped crocheting ever since!:hook She even tries to design her own patterns :eek Now she borrows my books, and puts yarn :yarn on the shopping list! Here's a pic of one of the squares that she made...

011.jpg

Glenda is so awesome! That's so great that your daughter is getting so involved....BUT you may have to lock up your yarn stash! her square is awesome!

011.jpg

Wow Heather, her square looks great! I love the colors! I've never seen a variagated like that before!

Glenda is so awesome! That's so great that your daughter is getting so involved....BUT you may have to lock up your yarn stash! her square is awesome!

Yes, Glenda is awesome:cheer!

The square that my daughter made is from "300 classic blocks for crochet projects"...she is making an afghan of different sized cotton rainbow squares & circles which we will join together with mini motifs...she takes after her mother :lol.

You're welcome!:hug

The part I found difficult with the Crochet Dude's square was the turning at the end of each round, and putting the last stitches of the round into the first stitiches. I really like the effect of the ridges. But if I make it again I may try making it without turning.

In retrospect, it was probably a poor pattern selection...but I like the variety of squares that I've ended up with - I think it's going to look great!

Heather - I went to Wal-Mart and they had one scane of black cotton left. I will try to get it done in the next couple of days. They didn't have the variegated at all. :(

That was me: Palms Square :hook

And who sent the palm tree square?!?! I LOVE it! Is there a pattern somewhere...I would love to make one in pinks/cream for my friendship-ghan (yes, I've been making a few small squares for my own ghan...I am ashamed:blush)

Today is "Moving Day" for us. So I might not be on here for a few days. (Don't know how long it will take to hook up internet at the new house... This town is weird...)

Figures it's the one on your face that will take the longest to heal...9-12 MONTHS?!?! :eek I will keep you in my prayers:hug

011.jpg

That is so awesome! I know you are thrilled for her! Kalie made 1 square (just a regular granny square) and then gave up. I think she got discouraged because she is only here every 2nd weekend during the summer. (her father and I have joint custody) I get her during the school season. But maybe she will pick backup sometime later.

Today is "Moving Day" for us. So I might not be on here for a few days. (Don't know how long it will take to hook up internet at the new house... This town is weird...)

Thank you, Tina! I printed this one out for future use for sure! Hope your moving goes well.

Here are the squares and goodies from Heather! I just :manyheart them! :hug

[ATTACH]24178[/ATTACH]

I love the squares, gives me an idea on color for mine.

011.jpg

What a great square. She did an excellent job.

Thanks for the link, Tina...I'm gonna have to make one of those - my friendship-ghan needs a pink palm tree!!!!

Archived