shaded doilies

amdm

Great job on the doilies. Love the colors. So unique patterns also. I'm anxious to get back to doilies. I love making doilies but I've put myself to the test of making Xmas gifts and they're all done in yarn. I really love my thread. Again, Great Job!

I do not crochet with varigated thread as I do not know how to use it:( so that the doilies will look right, but your doilies are STUNNING!! Great job!! The seashell is perfect!! and so is the spiral one!! I do have that pattern and maybe in a near future I will buy varigated thread and attempt to crochet it like yours!! :manyheart Congratulations and :ty for sharing!!

How lucky to be in India with all of those beautiful threads - your dolilies are beautiful and very different - especially the second one - thanks for sharing :hook

Amdm, those are both beautiful, I love the color of the shaded beiges! The shell is perfect for the shaded beiges. the other doily I have never seen before and I also love the colors. When you say they are dyed in the markets do they bleed when you wash them? I love all your crochet work and enjoy seeing more.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.

Sunnywolfgar - well, obviously, there is no guarantee that the colours will be fast. But, since doilies do not need to be washed frequently, I wash mine by hand. The worst I have seen is that the colours fade a little over time, but not too much. I don't know about the ones I give away, though, whether the recipients toss them in the machine, and whether the colours run. Generally, pale shades don't run at all.

I normally don't make entire doilies in shaded thread, but these two patterns seemed to call out for it.

Very pretty, and unique too. You were right, shaded was the best for these.

• 1 year later...

Archived