shaded doilies

amdm

Oooh--I like them both!! Those shades of beige for the seashell are amazing. If I want to make a doily with shaded thread, I always look for a pattern with lots of dense clusters of dc--it seems to show off the thread nicely, and the patterns are strong enough to show nicely through the color (like your first doily there)--much better than very lacy designs. You picked some winners, there.

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Krakovianka - much as I love shaded thread, I am very careful about how I use it. Maybe, just a round or two of plain stitches, and the rest done in a co-ordinated solid colour. But, when I saw these patterns, I felt that the colour would not overwhelm the stitch pattern.

The Whirl-a-Gig doily is beautiful in the shades. I made that doily earlier this year in a solid color, but haven't made a pix yet.

I just love it!!!

Very good patterns for shaded threads, I made both of them with white threads and I regret that I did not make the shell one with shaded thread. Thank you for showing how different they can look.

They both are very pretty!

Demet

Thanks, everybody, for the generous compliments.

dragonflysky - the pattern is from Decorative Crochet magazine. As for the thread, I am in India, and here we have cotton threads which are dyed in front of the markets where they are sold. They are a much cheaper option than the branded versions, but, obviously, they are unavailable anywhere else.

demet - I remember yours - it was beautiful, with the 3-d flowers. Your work is original and exquisite.

Archived