New Monthly Giveaway Ready To Start!!

What a sweet and thoughtful gesture!! And yes, I'm still walking on cloud 9. I am lucky enough to be a "bag lady", bag #37(May). I still look at my "bag" and can't believe it. It is always sooooo much fun waiting for the anticpation of who the next bag lady will be!! Now we have another "nail biter" to look forward too!! And yes, wearing the shawl would be like a hug from the person that sent it to you. That's what I tell my dgc--whenver I make them a wearable or toy, that grandma gave it a hug and a kiss before giving it to them!!

Will be looking forward to your new giveaway each month!!:clap :clap :clap

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are a special person to do this monthly for someone else. We do all need to 'Pay it Forward' to make it a better world for all. Even small stuff but this is a biggie!!! Thank you for being so considerate. The shawl is beautiful.

How kind and giving of you Elle, to want to give back. This site is such a blessing to so many people and to share your blessings with others is what it's all about! Your shawl is beautiful and whoever receives one will be one very lucky gal! God bless you! :hug

YAY!!!!

Another kind hearted and generous person. :cheer. What a beautiful project and beautiful heart. I do so many things every day for those around me, charities and such. Mostly anonymous. Yet I have been longing to expand on that and I think your project may inspire me to do just that here on crochetville!! Maybe I can come up with my own monthly giveaway project. I just love giving. And I am sure you will too!!!!

Tammy

The shawl is beautiful! How very kind of you to create this and send one to some lucky person each month. I look forward to reading about the monthly shawl as much as I do about the monthly tote bag.

I think you're just awesome!

I know we've never really chatted much but I've seen many of your posts and you are just a beautiful person. This is such a wonderful idea. I love the ville, too. It's just a great place to hang out.

What a beautiful Shawl. The colors a just wonderful. You are what people call the exception to the rule. You are really a nice person. What a wonderful idea. I know there will be alot, to say the least, of women waiting to here who the lucky person is that month. The world needs more people like you and more people like the ones that belong to the Ville. Everyone here is so nice. Just imagine what kind of world we would have if everone were like everyone here at the Ville. They would be nice, kind, generous and giving people. Not to say, everyone would be dressed nice and definitely warm in the colder regions. Hats off to you Elle!

What a wonderful shawl! And a more than wonderful idea! The Ville is indeed a very warm generous place! I am so thankful that I stumbled upon it back in March. Everyone is just so great!

So now we have the Bag of the Month (thanks to TampaDoll/Mary Jo, the Potholder of the Month (thanks to missmaxx/Nancy and now the Shawl of the Month thanks to Elle!!

The beginning of the months will be so exciting around here!

Beautiful shawl, and how wonderful of you to share! Is the pattern your own?

Thank you, Grandmalolly! To answer your question, yes, the pattern is my own. :)

you're so nice elle. great idea.

ps: i love your stone wall behind your couch.

As much as I would love for that to be my living room, I have to tell you that it's the lobby here at the Inn where I live and work. So since I do live here, I suppose technically it IS one of the rooms of my home, however it's not one of the rooms of my apartment. I love those stones too, though, so when I take pics of my finished items, I usually take them in the lobby because it's so pretty in there! It's river rock, and it's all throughout the Inn. The whole lobby is made of it, and all around the outside of the place there are pillars and arches made of it, and the building that houses our poolside rooms is made entirely of the river rock. The most fascinating part of it, at least for me, is that if you look at the individual stones, many of them have fossils in them! Very cool stuff! :)

Wow, that is a beautiful shawl Elle. I know up by Granbury is Dinosaur Valley where you can see the T-Rex footprints in the riverbed, so I know what you mean by the fossils in the river rock. Where on the Gulf Coast are you? The Inn you work at sounds wonderful! I am originally from Houston and miss it dearly. Luckily, I have made arraignments to retire back to Texas for my golden years, but until then, I like to go back for short vacations from time to time.

What a wonderful shawl! And a more than wonderful idea! The Ville is indeed a very warm generous place! I am so thankful that I stumbled upon it back in March. Everyone is just so great!

So now we have the Bag of the Month (thanks to TampaDoll/Mary Jo, the Potholder of the Month (thanks to missmaxx/Nancy and now the Shawl of the Month thanks to Elle!!

The beginning of the months will be so exciting around here!

so i am thinking that maybe they need their own threads/stickies!!!!:think

Wow, that is a beautiful shawl Elle. I know up by Granbury is Dinosaur Valley where you can see the T-Rex footprints in the riverbed, so I know what you mean by the fossils in the river rock. Where on the Gulf Coast are you? The Inn you work at sounds wonderful! I am originally from Houston and miss it dearly. Luckily, I have made arraignments to retire back to Texas for my golden years, but until then, I like to go back for short vacations from time to time.

Thank you, Ladykats. :) I live in Matagorda County, which is about halfway between Houston and Corpus Christi. Our beach is just LOADED with fossils and if you know what you're looking for, you can come back from a day at the beach with all kinds of treasures. I collect seashells, but a friend of mine is into the fossils and she has a collection of all kinds of neat stuff that she and her husband have found at our beach, including dinosaur teeth. Some of the teeth are HUGE! Really amazing stuff!

Next time you're going to be in Houston let me know!

Very pretty and very sweet of you to do...

I too, bless the day I stumbled into the ville, such amazing, talented and giving folks walk through these threads.

Blessings on you, :hug

Archived