New Monthly Giveaway Ready To Start!!

Awe Elle, what a sweet thing to do. The shawl is beautiful!! I am sure it will be greatly appreciated. I didn't know if I would wear a shawl until I made one for myself. It gets more wear than anything else I own! They had an idea back in the day, shawls are warm, comfortable, easy to wear and quick to grab on your way out the door. I use mine to dress up a plain outfit, keep my shoulders warm anywhere there is ac, add color to a plain black dress, and the list goes on. Good luck with the swap, I'm sure it will be a hit. I know I love seeing who gets to be the bag lady each month...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you, Ladykats. :) I live in Matagorda County, which is about halfway between Houston and Corpus Christi. Our beach is just LOADED with fossils and if you know what you're looking for, you can come back from a day at the beach with all kinds of treasures. I collect seashells, but a friend of mine is into the fossils and she has a collection of all kinds of neat stuff that she and her husband have found at our beach, including dinosaur teeth. Some of the teeth are HUGE! Really amazing stuff!

Next time you're going to be in Houston let me know!

When my youngest went camping as a child in upstate NY, he came home with a box full of Shark Teeth and some were very big. This is up in the mountains, and they were found in the ground.

wow that is a beautiful shawl, and it's a awesome thing your doing,

of course only being a few days old (member) i knew nothing of the bag/potholder give away. I too Stumbled on This site while lookin for Slipper patterns and was excited to find a home to share my love of crocheting. I find it relaxing (i too am a fast crocheter) took me a month or less to finish my queen size bed afghan i made myself. (Was intending to sell it to pay a bill but fell in love with it n kept it)

I know whoever receives it will be truly honored, and will wear it with pride :)

Your are truly a angle and I look fwd to seeing who is chosen

That is a beautiful shawl and you are a very generous person to do this for someone. I think it is wonderful to see the love and sharing and caring of this group.

Thank you, Ladykats. :) I live in Matagorda County, which is about halfway between Houston and Corpus Christi. Our beach is just LOADED with fossils and if you know what you're looking for, you can come back from a day at the beach with all kinds of treasures. I collect seashells, but a friend of mine is into the fossils and she has a collection of all kinds of neat stuff that she and her husband have found at our beach, including dinosaur teeth. Some of the teeth are HUGE! Really amazing stuff!

Next time you're going to be in Houston let me know!

I would love to go home again tomorrow, unfortunately, we don't a;ways get what we want. With DH battling cancer right now, I don't know when we will get back down there. I have a friend looking after my property in Huntsville.

What a wonderful thing to do. I too am a newer member and still learning about this caring community. I want to get to know all of you -- where do I start?

i thought of something lol. (omg i a thought as hubby would say).. Are you doing this as a surprise to the receiver like i noticed in the bag lady give away.. If so don't u need a list of people's address's? so it is truly a surprise. IF this is the case and my being new who do i submit my address to so It's avail to those who may need it for one reason or another

i thought of something lol. (omg i a thought as hubby would say).. Are you doing this as a surprise to the receiver like i noticed in the bag lady give away.. If so don't u need a list of people's address's? so it is truly a surprise. IF this is the case and my being new who do i submit my address to so It's avail to those who may need it for one reason or another

You can email or PM it to Terri/Lady Sorce or auntbubbels

Archived