Most wonderful compliment from hubby.

I just got my 99 Little Doilies book in the mail. Hubby looked at one of the doilies on the front and had an idea. He says what if you take this one and put it on top of a big one and make it 3d.

Then he says where are all the doilies that you make? I told him I give most of them away and he tells me that I need to make some for the house. The really pretty intricate ones so he can show them off when people come over.

Then he tells "What you do is more than just crochet. It's art. You make works of art. It's just beautiful"

I was like WOW!!! I just had to share! :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Okay, what power tool does he want! Just kidding. :laughroll

That is so very sweet that he notices your work and compliments you on it.

Congrats on your keeper!

Shelley

Awe that is so sweet RoseRed!! It is true, my hubby does the same thing, I made one doily I was going to gift, and he made me save it, lol, he has it on his table next to his chair, THEN he covers it with a towel so he doesnt dirty it..lol

HUGS

JoAnn

WOW! That's wonderful that he really notices and appreciates the things that you make! He's definitely a keeper :yes

aw that is so sweet of him to notice all your hard work and appreciate it the most my fiance did for me was talk to the manager at Joann's on my behalf because he met the manager in the bathroom at Joann's before so kudos to you

Then he tells "What you do is more than just crochet. It's art. You make works of art. It's just beautiful"

I was like WOW!!! I just had to share! :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Gives you a real warm and fuzzy feeling. We get so used to the complaints and gripes that when something sweet comes along, you just want to frame the moment and relive it over and over again. Sort of makes it all worthwhile and reminds one why we married that guy in the first place...:manyheart

:ty for sharing this. I think that is wonderful that your husband recognizes crochet as more than just a hobby but a work of art also. That is a moment that you will remember forever. He most definitely is a keeper. :manyheart

What a wonderful hubby!!! My crocheting was one thing my husband commented on, and he was not one to hand out compliments very often. I've been a widow for nearly 6 years, and your story brought a few nice memories back to me.......Thanks for sharing it!

Archived