Arrrrgggghhhh - just pick one already

I would be willing to bet that most of you have been here at some point in time.

All things considered, I must have access to a gazillion different pattern stitches and motifs but I spent most of my afternoon looking at them all and either completely not seeing one I wanted to make in the yarn I have or picking the ones that did not work at all. The yarn is a RH in the prettiest rose colour but it is one of the bulky versions of WW yarn.

Eventually, I did find a doily (ghan) pattern that seems to be working but I am amazed at how "I don't have any patterns I can make" :rofl

So fess up... with your gazillion patterns, you find times you can't find a pattern to make either... right :? don't leave me hanging out here :sweat

Let me be the first to not leave you hangin' by yourself!! Sometimes I get so caught up in the patterns, I forget what I was looking for in the first place.....or I go looking for yarn, and get so sidetracked with all the pretty colors and textures, I forgot what I was l was going to make with what yarn!! I guess that is one of the advantages of living alone! (no one but me knows how lost I am!! :rofl)

Happened to me very recently. I wanted to make a wrap, found one I thought I wanted to do, and it has beads. So I even bought the beads. Then decided I really didn't want that pattern for a wrap. So now I have beads and yarn. And hey, they would look fabulous as an H bag. Took forever to decide what square to do. I finally settled on the Lacy Stars found on freepatterns.com. And it looks amazing!

Oh I had that moment last weekend wanted to make my sister a purse for her birthday and I went onto Crochet pattern Central and still didn't find what I wanted to make or I just couldn't decide being that it was about 2 in the morning that day and I was already tired so I'm not sure that help glad you posted this darski thought I was the only one this happened to glad to see that I'm not

I have a ton of pattern books also and I do the very same thing. Then after all the looking through them I usually end up picking the same pattern I use most of the time.:shrug

Oh Yes!!

thousands of patterns and none seems just right...

Start and frog, start and frog...

I call alot of my choices a "charlie brown thing", just can't seem to make up my mind, :lol

I have the most beautiful light purple yarn that I want to make a wrap or shawl with, but I can never agree on a pattern. When I look for one, I get sidetracked with other projects...the yarn is still waiting...

I am amazed at how "I don't have any patterns I can make" :rofl

Your line made me laugh :lol I never feel that way with the clothes in my wardrobe, I'm just not that bothered. But with yarn and patterns? Oh yes!

Oh yes, been there, done that. I get so absorbed looking through all my patterns and then I'll find The One that I HAVE to do...except I don't have the yarn in my stash.

Or I'll remember "hey, I saw a suitable pattern on The Ville/CPC/etc, let me go find it and get started". Fatal. I'm telling you, fatal ;) I end up trawling through zillions of patterns and favouriting even more of them.

It's a wonder we ever get anything on the hook isn't it? :hook

oh i search and search through patterns my big thing is the colors to use i lay them out on the bed and put them in colors like blues pinks greens etc then i have to see what goes with what and that takes a bit and i go back and forth lol i make DH nuts i think LOL

Happened to me 2 nights ago. I needed to start my last baby afghan and couldn't decide what to make. I finally started one only to rip it out last night and start another. NOW I'm thinking about joining the MAM CAL and ripping out last nights! I thought it was only me! Thanks guys for making me feel like I'm not alone! :rofl

I feel your pain! I'm a pattern/book junkie but can't decide either.

I've even started a few patterns and realized I didn't want to do them, so I have frogged the newly started things too. Sometimes, I just have to be in the right mood to start a project.

:manyheart

I do it every time I go to start a new project! :rofl

I've used probably three or four ink cartridges up printing patterns, I have more pattern BOOKS than Half.com and I STILL have to go searching elsewhere for "the perfect pattern" every time I go to start a new project! :lol I used to think I was really abnormal, but it's so nice to see that there are others who share my affliction! :rofl

I wish I had a dollar for every pattern that my mom or I have marked as an "oooooh gotta make that one!" ...seems every time we get together, I have to pull my BOXES of pattern books, and crochet mags out to look at!:eek then we mark them. sometimes (although not often), we take markers out.

Anyhoo.... it sure does make for a fun afternoon... then when she goes home, I come back to the 'ville, and there's usually something cool to make RIGHT HERE! :rofl

Glad to know that I am not the only "junkie" out there!

p.s. I also am a hook addict! :wink:hook

It is so good to hear that all of you are addicts too. Not only am I a pattern junky, I also am a yarn junky. I want to do so many things, I quite possibly could not live long enough to do all of them. Glad to join the crowd. I keep telling myself that I am going to conserve on ink, because it is so expensive, but then I see a pattern that I can't pass up,

and there I go again.

I have a note book full of printed patterns, and at least as many stored on the computer, plus magazines and books. :book But when I bring home 4 skeins of Caron Simply Soft (which DH helped me pick out, BTW), it takes days of trying this pattern, and that stitch to finally decide what is the perfect pattern for it. :think Decisions, decisions...

Archived