Comfortghan for John Travolta & Kelly Preston - FINISHED! SEE PICS! Post 145

donnalynn2

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Thats wonderful! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Lynn

FYI to all who have contributed to this project,

Our school fundraiser dinner/auction is coming up in a few weeks. A "Bolt" scooter autographed by John Travolta has been donated.

I just want you all to know what generous members of the community John and Kelly are. While I have never had the pleasure of meeting them, others in this area have and have only good things to say.

How very cool!!! Bless their hearts!!!

I just finished the 1st ghan this weekend and have started on the 2nd one. It looks like I'll have enough squares for 2 ghans and a pillow!

:cheerGreat work dear! Thank you for doing this! :hug

:heart

:mug

I just finished the 1st ghan this weekend and have started on the 2nd one. It looks like I'll have enough squares for 2 ghans and a pillow!

WOW! I didn't realize how many squares you got! Your fingers are going to be sore!!!:eek

I can't wait to see the finished projects either!!:hyper

Sore

Just an update that I finished the 2nd ghan this evening and will be getting started on the pillow this weekend (I have to run out and get a pillow form.) So I should be all finished very shortly! Will have pics soon! (As soon as the pillow is finished and that shouldn't take very long at all!)

I have never taken part in such a wonderful crochet project. I am very excited and anxoius to see the photos too !!!

In today's world--it gives me hope that ALL people CAN work together in such a great way !!!!! Hugs to everyone who joined in.:cheer

Thanks everyone! I was able to get to Jo-Anns yesterday to get a pillow form so I finally was able to get started on the pillow! I am hoping it'll be done by next weekend (fingers crossed!) I saved the square that was sent in which was made out of a graph of Jett's face for the pillow since the square was much larger than 8 inches and wouldn't fit the blanket right. It's taking a little bit of "finagaling" (sp) to get the rest of it to fit the pillow form but I'm making it work...

Other than that I was able to get everyone else's squares in the blankets with the exception of 1 square. I had one left over which was a bright blue square, however I'm almost positive it was sent by someone who made more than one because there are about 3 other squares in the blankets made out of the exact same yarn that look the same. Either way, rest assured that this square will be used for my other charity project for medically ill foster childrens blankets. Sorry, but one square just couldn't go anywhere. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings but I really did my best...

Pics will be posted just as soon as I am finished!

I'm so sorry that I didnt get any squares sent in.

This is a great group of ladies! :yay

:hug :hug :hugDonna Lynn.. your a peach for doing this for them. :hug :hug :hug

I am looking forward to seeing the pic's and then hearing how they recieve the afghans. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

I have finally finished!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Thank you again to everyone for your help! For pics I have links below:

This is the pillow that I made using a lovely square that was stitched by a wonderful Crochetviller from Canada! She sent in a larger square that couldn't be used in the ghan so I used it in pillow form instead. I think it turned out very nice!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2249151&l=113e742fbd&id=613403083

This is the first ghan:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2249190&l=41fd619edb&id=613403083

And this is the 2nd ghan:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2249187&l=b919ec9c54&id=613403083

I will be delivering these to my friend hopefully sometime this week. I will give her a call today and see when I can get over there. After that I guess it all depends on when the next time her hubby goes over there to landscape. I'll keep everyone updated on when I hear anything else.

Thanks again!!!!!

I really liked the pillow. Musta took alot of time making a graph for it.

But I thought the blankets would be larger, how big is it anyways?

I like all the different squares and the blue really brings out the colors of each square.

You did a nice job.

jaye

:eek Wow... Wow... and Wow :eek

the pillow is outstanding

the blankets are just wonderful!

you did a great job putting everything together dear

God Bless you for takinig on this task and spreading CrochetVille Love!

:heart

:mug

Archived