Comfortghan for John Travolta & Kelly Preston - FINISHED! SEE PICS! Post 145

donnalynn2

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A BABY GIRL !!!!! HOW WONDERFUL !!!........WHAT A WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY GIFT !!!!!!! I AM SURE ALL OF US UNDERSTAND NOW WHY WE HAVEN'T HEARD ABOUT THE DELIVERY OF THE AFGHANS. ENJOY YOUR NEW LITTLE ONE !!!! :manyheart

....AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! A baby is such a gift from God!

Lynn

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I have been playing phone tag with my friend Natalie. I am supposed to see her this Friday (but my plans sometimes change with the baby and all) so I should have an update then.) You would not believe how many appts and such I have to go to and have at the house having a medical foster child! Not only is my phone constantly ringing but there are so many different agencies at work that all have to be a part of the process that I can barely get her on a somewhat schedule! It took Natalie and I over a week just to touch base so hang in there guys. I'm trying to get an update but my life is just crazy at the moment with this little one! Again, so long as another appt doesn't get scheduled I am due to see her Friday so I should know something then. Sorry that I haven't heard anything yet but I'm trying!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is exactly two weeks ago that the last posting on what is going on with this afghan was made. There is still no word? It has been almost four months since we all had to have our squares in.. and what three months since it was put together?

Many of us worked hard on getting these squares in on a very short deadline. I had to express post (which is very expensive in Canada) my squares to get them in on time. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who scrambled.

Yet, we don't get the courtesy of being kept informed in a timely manner?

Personally I'm tired of the excuses. Where are the afghans? If they have not been delivered yet, why not and when, exactly will they be?

I think all of us who worked hard on this, deserve at least those answers.

sore

Just this past week I read and article I believe on Yahoo, that John has backed out on the promotion of his latest movie and is leaving it to Denzel. That he's still not doing well in regards to the loss of Jett. There had been another article awhile back that he had taken off to I believe somewhere in Europe around the time of Jett's b-day to be alone and mourn his son.

I know we're all anxious to know how the afghans and pillow were received by the Travolta's but from what I've read online I got the impression they haven't been home very much. I'm sure if donnalynn had heard anything yet, she'd let us know. I know it's hard to be patient, but under the circumstances that's all we can do right now. Just say a prayer or two for all concerned and hope for the best.

Andrea

While I did not hear about this until it was too late to join, I have been keeping up with the thread. Donnalynn has said it would be delivered by the landscaper who does the Travolta's lawn. I am sure in this time of great loss and with their son's birthday just passing as well that having the lawn tended to is the last thing on their minds. It will just take time. Also, Donnalynn has her hands full with her first medical foster child. She did her part in putting the blankets together and passing them on to the person who can deliver them. She is also playing the waiting game. Everyone worked very hard on their contributions and I am sure they will be cherished.

I apologize for not replying to this thread. Having my first medical foster child has left little time for anything else. As we speak I am at the Children's hospital in Orlando with a very sick baby. I wouldn't even take the time to reply to this but after seing an e-mail from sore who is upset I wanted to take a second once I got the baby asleep to respond.

Yes, I was supposed to meet my friend 2 weeks ago for a haircut. She got a cold and since I had a child who is immune deficinit we had to reschedule. The next week the baby got sick. Since then we have been back and forth to Orlando (from Ocala which isn't a short trip) and right now we are just trying to make sure she gets better.

Unfortunately I have not been able to talk to anyone besides my husband at the moment. I am sleeping in the chair next to the baby and even when I get home I have Dr's appt's EVERY day with her. I signed up for this, this is my life now so I am not complaining in the least, I love my new life and this little girl, but things are completely different for me. I just don't have the time for things I used to.

Please understand that I put a time limit on when I get squares because if I didn't people would still be sending them to me. (I actually got an e-mail just a couple of weeks ago asking if I was still accepting them!) I never promised this would be delivered on a certain date and I never promised that it would be finished on a certain date. I had times I would have liked it to be done and delivered but unfortunately the delivery is out of my hands.

I gave the ghans to my friend. It's in her husbands hands now. All I can do is sit and wait just like the rest of you. Please rest assured that as soon as I know something I will be sure to pass it along. I appreciate everyone contributing but I think we all know this was a special case and that "celebrities" don't follow any time frames. My friend did tell me that her husband did want to hand deliver it so it is quite possible that he hasn't seen them personally since I gave them to her. I don't know, this is just guess work on my part. This is a very good friend of mine who I trust completely. She has never lied to me (nor has her husband) so if they tell me they are going to do something, they will. That's all I can do for now.

If I don't respond right away, please put yourself in my shoes. With a very sick child, in and out of the hospital, going to Dr's appts each and every day (with the exception of sundays) not to mention the paperwork this requires that I have to do (which I get done when she's asleep.) I have been on this board long enough that you guys should be able to trust that I'm not a scammer or a cheat. My name and reputation should speak for itself.

I will post again when I know they have been delievered or find anything else out. But for now, I have to take care of the child that has been in entrusted into my care. She is my number one priority.

Just take care of your precious little one and take care of yourself so you don't get sick. That won't help her at all. We can be patient. Bless you for loving and giving the baby such wonderful care may she grow stronger with each day of love and care.

Donnalynn that baby is the only thing you should be worried about at this time. I am so happy to see that you really understand that. You have reached out to a child that needs you and that is a very special thing to do. Please give her a huge hug for me and know that I will be praying for you all. :hug

Hey freinds, and mnostly DonnaLynn, although we put the comfotghan together in memory of a death, and a comfort, PLEASE lets all be kind to DonnaLynn in comforting her in her celebration of NEW LIFE. She took on a physical special needs baby, adopted, her life dream and passion. Lets help HER celebrate her new life!!!

The comfortghan will get there, it is ESPECIALLY hard when it comes to celebreties, and she did her part by passing it on to be delivered, its not like ANY OF US could go to the Travolta's front door and hand deliver it.

So Donna darling, you take care of that precious angel of yours!!

HUGS

JoAnn

I was not part of this project, but I have always thought that things happen for a reason. With the afghan in the hands of responsible people who are just waiting for the right time, you can be assured that they WILL be delivered at a time when they are most needed.

Donnalynn, just focus on that sweet little girl of yours. Rest assured that you have done your part in this and done it well. I am sure your friend will get the 'ghans to the Trovolta family when the timing is proper. Its a somewhat sticky situation dealing with celebrities - they don't seem to run on the same timeframe as us "normal" lol people do! Lets all of us just put this in God's hands and it will be delivered when He thinks the time is right for it. Take care of that baby Donnalynn and yourself too! She certainly doesn't need a sick mommy too!

Hugs and Prayers

Lynn

Baby comes first. Knowing Donnalynn all these years she is a person of her word. If you have an issue, please PM the person and not put it on the table in the post section. She is doing the best that she can with taking care of a new baby and all the medical attention she needs. The afghan and pillow are completed and that you should be grateful for. When the time is right for her friend, the delivery of the afghan and pillow will be done.

I also want to reiterate that everyone needs to be patient. This is not the first comfortghan that Crochetville members have created for a celebrity. There were delays getting the other comfortghan to its celebrity recipient, too. It can be very difficult to get the timing right to hand-deliver something to a celebrity.

I applaud Donnalynn's friend for recognizing the importance of this comfortghan and wanting to hand-deliver it and explain the meaning and the work behind it all. I don't think it would the right thing for him to just leave this on their kitchen table or something.

I am 100% confident that Donnalynn will be sure to give us an update just as soon as she receives word that the comfortghan has been received by the Travolta family. There is no reason for anyone to think negatively about Donnalynn in any way because the comfortghan has not yet been delivered to the Travoltas.

I would also like to say something to anyone who may be upset with Donnalynn, the Travoltas, or anyone else because the timing of this has not been what you would have liked. (Much of this will apply to ANY comfortghan request.) Please remember that the recipients of comfortghans are going through a very rough, emotional time and we need to work with THEIR timing, not our own. Also remember that oftentimes the people who are requesting items for a comfortghan are also going through a rough, emotional time if they are very close to the person for whom they're requesting the comfortghan. Creating the comfortghan may be difficult for them emotionally, and they may not be able to proceed according to the schedule you would like.

(This paragraph is not addressed to anyone in particular. It's a generic you.) Some people may prefer that events unfold to a certain schedule in order to feel comfortable. There is nothing wrong with this. However, this type of person needs to realize that a comfortghan request is completely out of their control and in most cases is not going to follow whatever schedule they have figured out in their head. People may not submit squares or other things at the speed you would like; the person requesting squares may not put the item together at the speed you would like; they may not deliver the item at the time you would like; they may not provide an update at the time you would like. You may not use this as a reason to be unkind to the person organizing the comfortghan. If it is going to make you upset enough that you might speak unkindly to the person organizing the comfortghan if the timing isn't what you would like, then you may want to think twice about whether you want to participate in the request.

In almost all of the comfortghan threads here at Crochetville, the original poster does give an update when they are able to deliver the comfortghan to the recipient. I don't really see this happening, but I suppose it could be possible that somebody could repeatedly post comfortghan square requests just so they could accumulate a number of squares for their own personal use. If anyone ever has reason to suspect someone may be doing this, please do NOT post your suspicions publicly in the thread. (If you're wrong, that would be very, very hurtful to another member to publicly embarrass them that way for no reason.) Instead, just use the report post feature (little white triangle outlined in red) to report the post to me. You can even write in a little message to tell us what you think the problem is. Donna and I will be sure to check it out. If somebody really was misuing the forum and taking advantage of our members' generosity, we would put a stop to it immediately. But as I said, I don't think this is anything we really need to worry about it.

I appreciate everyone's efforts to help Donnalynn feel better, but let's get this thread back on topic.

Now that hopefully a lot of members have a better understanding of how the comfortghan process works around here, anyone who was previously upset about this situation may have had a change of heart. Let's try to move on and not keep referencing any previous negativity in this thread.

Let's remember to help lift each other up, not tear each other down. Not even those people whose words may have upset us. :)

I just had a minute and wanted to let you know that I got a hold of my friend Natalie and she said that her husband has not yet delivered the ghans at this time. I guess the Travolta's have not been home when he's been there to do the landscaping and he wants to make sure he hand delivers it so he's waiting until he can give it to them personally.

Also, someone had previously mentioned they heard John is not promoting his new movie. Yes, this is also true. From what she said, he is still in mourning and is not making personal appearances and such, really keeping low key.

On a side note, my little one is still in the hospital. I just came home for a day to get clean clothes and do some things on the homefront and thought I'd check in here real quick. She's due to come home early next week! Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers. I will post again when I hear something else!!!

Archived