Comfortghan for John Travolta & Kelly Preston - FINISHED! SEE PICS! Post 145

donnalynn2

That pillow is awesome- what a talented crocheter the person who did that is! The comfortghan came out really nice and it was so thoughtful of you to put it all together. May it bring the Travolta family comfort for many, many years.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations!! Job well done!!:clap Thank you for taking up this project:flower. The afghans and pillow are beautiful :manyheartand I am sure that the Travolta Family will feel the love that is sent with them..:ghug

Donna Lynn you did an absolutely wonderful job :cheer:yay:clap putting all the squares together and I :manyheart the pillow too. Thank you a million times over for taking on this project for all of us. I'm sure the Tavolta's will be amazed at the love and kindness we've all shown thru our wonderful work. I'd love to be a little fly on the wall when they open these gifts. Andrea

They are wonderful. The pillow is something else. Many Blessings to each and everyone who helped in this and I know the Travolta family is in so many of our hearts.

DonnaLyn,

You did a wonderful job putting the afghans and pillow together. They look fantastic. Thank you so much for doing this labor of love. I am so thrilled to have been a part of it. I found my square on the second afghan. I am sure the Travolta family will love these items. Thanks again.

You did such a wonderful job!!! It was so exciting seeing my own square. I'm speechless one the pillow. Very tallented work. So beautiful. And the ghans are soooo pretty. I love them and I think the Travolta family will enjoy those emencely. Very excellent work!!!:cheer

Hey all looks great Donna !!!!! So neat to see it all together !!! You did one heck of a job. I think the pillow is awesome !!!! Whoever done that square--I would love to know how you created it !!!!:hook

Oh they turned out so pretty! That pillow is amazing! They will love it all

The afghans and pillow are fabulous. I'm sure Jett's family will cry when they see the pillow. What a nice way to memorialize their son/brother.

Nice job everyone.

Just beautiful - great job putting it all together. The ghans and pillow are fantastic. Thanks for all your hard work putting it all together. Keep us updated on the delivery progress.

Thanks!

Many years ago (maybe 25!!) a dear friend of mine crocheted an afghan for the comedian Red Skelton. Red was born in Vincennes, Indiana, where we live, and he was appearing here for a couple of performances at our local college. My friend took the afghan to the hotel he was staying at, but, of course, was not admitted by the hotel personnel. :( So she simply asked that they give it to him, and left a note for him. The next day, Red himself made a personal appearance--right at the department store where we both worked--to personally thank her!!!:faint If anyone here remembers the Red Skelton Show on TV--please let me assure you--he was the kindest, dearest man you ever would want to meet! He had a pet name for everyone--"dear heart", and ended his show each time with "God bless!" We love him dearly here in Vincennes :heart and have many fond memories of him, and several memorials to him here--the biggest of which is the "Red Skelton Performing Arts Building".

Sorry I took so long here, but I just had to share!

Archived