Comfortghan for John Travolta & Kelly Preston - FINISHED! SEE PICS! Post 145

donnalynn2

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just emailed you for your address. I would love to make a square or two! As was said, should we tag them?

Lynn

Hi everyone! I'm answering e-mails as I get a moment and wanted to let everyone know that any colors and patterns are fine. Tagging them is a great idea so if you want to tag them that's great but don't feel obligated to do so! :~)

Will send a pm for address I think this is great. I went to school [graduated with] & worked with a man{now} that was the costar with John in Saturday Night Fever. People still to this day don't believe it & my grandchildren are thrilled to know I know a movie star count me in for a square

I would like to make a square or two myself. This also hits home for me, as I suffer from seizures myself plus I have two boys.

So I'm off to the store in the next few days to get some Caron SS. :)

Sore

I would love to take part in this. It is soo sad that they lost their son, it isn't right. I will keep them in my prayers and hope they heal in time and hold onto all their memories of him. I'll be pming for the info.

If I can't get Caron SS, what can I substitute it with? Zellers doesn't carry it, I'm not sure if Wal-mart does and I can't get to our Michaels without a vehicle.

sore

Hi I have just read this cal and would like to help as I live in the UK I can't get hold of Caron SS either.

Is there anyone that is prepared to send me an odd ball or 2 so I could help out.

Thanks

I'd love to help out with this, but I can't buy Caron SS in my area, either. It's not something I normally bought when it was available, so there isn't any in my stash.

I do have enough Red Heart Soft to make a square (or maybe two, not sure). Would that be an acceptable substitute? It feels a bit thinner to me than regular ww, kind of like the Caron SS did, if I'm remembering right. :think

Howdy everyone! Ok, I finally replied to everyone that sent me an e-mail! I have a bunch of PM's and will try and reply to everyone that sent me a PM as soon as I can.

Sorry but this past week I worked a ton of overtime and this afternoon was the first time I actually got a chance to even think about looking at my e-mail box!

The response has been incredible and I could be wrong but I have a feeling we're going to end up with more than one comfortghan here! LOL We'll see once all the squares come in but I'm sure that's fine!

I was thinking about writing a nice note to go with the comfortghans that was from all of us who made it but I'm really not a writer and don't have a clue what to say... Anyone have any experience with this or have any ideas??? If you do, could you maybe e-mail or PM me? That would be great!

Thanks again everyone!

P.S. I had a couple people ask me about using Hobby Lobby's "I love this Yarn" and that's fine. Also, if you have to use Red Heart SS that's ok. I think as long as the majority of it is made with worsted weight soft yarn it'll be fine. Thanks everyone and as far as colors and tags go, that's completely up to you! (I just don't know that I would make an all black square if you know what I mean! LOL)

I got mine done, I only made ONE as you said you have sooooo many comming in, I had SS on hand in a soft green. I used the Circle of Friends square which thank goodness I printed out a long time ago, now with AOL hometowns being down, alot of patterns are lost to me. So I will get it in the mail Tues, as no mail tmmorow for the holiday MLK day.

Hugs and Hooks

JoAnn

Got the square done in bright blue SS and bordered in white SS. I am going to make a heart to go on top for Jett in white then I am done. Got to get a needle and some envelopes then it will be on it's way to you. I am glad you got such a good response.

I am finding a problem with the I love this yarn brand. Two things I have made for christmas are pilling quite badly and it's only january. Anyone else notice this?

Archived