Potholder of the Month Club 2009 *** December added***

missmaxx

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I love it.:cheer That is just to cute for words, and people wonder why I love Christmas. So many fun things to make.

MissMaxx you have a very clever and awsome talent yourself.:bow

As for starting you, it is there in all of us, it sometimes just take a nudge.

There is going to be one very happy lady this month. Can't wait to see who she is.:cheer

Oh my! She is just adorable! Someone is going to be very happy to be taking their Christmas turkey out of the over with her help! You have done an amazing job on these potholders (and oven mitt) this past year and have brightened many people's days! Thank you for all your hard work and generosity!

If you don't mind me asking, is this an Annie's Attic pattern? I would love to buy it and make one for my kitchen.

Joan

Hi Joan,

I don't mind at all. It's from the December 2009 issue of "Crochet World" magazine. They use it both as an oven mit and an applique on an apron.

I don't know if you could still find a copy of the magazine in a store? My subscription is an "e" one. I know that when you sign up for one of those you get the current issue and the past two years issues too.

I'll be watching the show and tell thread for yours.

happy crocheting,

Hi everyone!

Can you believe it's time for the December potholders already?

Where did the year go????????

I've broken all the rules for December... it's an oven mit not a potholder and there's one, not a pair. One other note: my friend Terri got her December potholders last Christmas so this one's just for someone here.

I have to say it's been a fun "club". I've enjoyed every minute of our time together. Your kind comments and the wonderful feedback made me feel great. Thank you!

I don't know what 2010 will bring in the way of another club. I'll have to think about it. But I'm sure I'll think of something. Maybe I'll be lurking around the wish lists. For anyone who hasn't tried it I can offer this advice:

Don't hesitate to fulfill any and all wishes you are able to. The rewards are amazing. Mary Jo, I'm still in awe of your talent and generocity. Thank you for starting me on this fun adventure.

happy crocheting,

She is adorable Nancy, just adorable.

I came to this party late but have enjoyed peeking in each month to see what you come up with. Of course by doing that I seem to spend less time crocheting and more time gawking at everyones work.

I know for me personally, if I feel like if I have to do something it takes a lot of the fun out of it for me. So I applaud all of you ladies whether you are giving away a dishcloth, a tote, a shawl, potholders or a scarf. It takes a lot of time and dedication to do this as a monthly thing. Heck, it would take me a month just to decide what to make! :lol

Thanks again Nancy for all the fun. :cheer

Got sidetracked and forgot to say; Good luck ladies! :cheer

I came to this party late but have enjoyed peeking in each month to see what you come up with. Of course by doing that I seem to spend less time crocheting and more time gawking at everyones work.

I know for me personally, if I feel like if I have to do something it takes a lot of the fun out of it for me. So I applaud all of you ladies whether you are giving away a dishcloth, a tote, a shawl, potholders or a scarf. It takes a lot of time and dedication to do this as a monthly thing. Heck, it would take me a month just to decide what to make! :lol

It is true that if I have to make something it is a job and no fun. With the giving away (I hope I speak for others) it is fun and something I want to do.

We all enjoy our craft and enjoy giving things to people who will love and appreciate them. What better way, then to give them to a fellow crocheter:hug

It is true that if I have to make something it is a job and no fun. With the giving away (I hope I speak for others) it is fun and something I want to do.

We all enjoy our craft and enjoy giving things to people who will love and appreciate them. What better way, then to give them to a fellow crocheter:hug

You are soooooooo right Mary Jo! I've gotten more joy out of giving potholders away than I thought was possible! We are so lucky to have this wonderful place full of friends to share our craft. I'm humbled by the talent and generocity of everyone here. The potholder of the month club gave me a way to say thank you to all of you.

happy crocheting,

You are soooooooo right Mary Jo! I've gotten more joy out of giving potholders away than I thought was possible! We are so lucky to have this wonderful place full of friends to share our craft. I'm humbled by the talent and generocity of everyone here. The potholder of the month club gave me a way to say thank you to all of you.

happy crocheting,

I'm with the both of you. I get more joy out of the excitement and thank yous than anyone could imagine. I love waiting to see who's getting the Ville tote, potholders, shawl and I know I'm missing something else (not my TLC tote, since I know who's getting that! :lol ). The kindness of this board is what makes me WANT to make and give away the totes. :hug

:turtle:vheart

The gingerbread person is so cute I know you will be making someone very happy to receive this oven mitt. I just love my turkey potholders. I think they will stayed displayed for awhile as I enjoy looking at them every time I go into the kitchen. Thanks for all you do for everyone.

Wow, I couldn't have said this any better.

:clap

I got the potholder of the month! I also got a really cute gingerbread boy pin to wear for the holiday. Also a very special note. :c9

It came in today's mail!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!!:hug:hug

It was so much fun to get something fun in the mail!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so very much you made my day!!!

I'm so happy!! :yay

:yayWell Kim, I guess you and I are sharing the honors, cause guess what was in the mail when I got home tonight. :yay The cutest, most adorable potholder I ever saw. :manyheart I went running out to the patio and yelling "I got her, I got her". I was so excited. Thank you so much Nancy, she is precious. :hug My other half said she is cute enough to be a puppet and he proceeded to make her talk and dance just like a hand puppet, it was so funny:roflOh and the pin just matches her perfectly.:ty

Archived