• Last Reply

Tip of the iceberg on my list, but here goes

Aimee ~felted tote, hat

Lanelle~really warm afghan - felted wool?? slippers

Tony - snowboarders hat

Lacey -Lightbulb potholders

At least 12 more people to go.

More later!

I promised myself that I wouldn't try to do more than one afghan in a year unless it was motifs. I know me. Best intentions, not much follow through! I am working on a baby blanket right now that might end up being a lapghan instead. It is the monster that grew!

Ouch.........dishclothes I find are the hardest to put away for any reason. It always seems someone will ask or hint around the topic and next thing you know, they have them clutched tightly in there hands as they walk out the door. I bet you will make those 10 a time or two before xmas comes.

Okay I got two made tonight.....lol...

MY day of, I had such BIG plans, NOPE hubby home sick from work, geeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz, and he says, act like I am not here....righttttttttttt......... like they dont moan and groan and get me this, am I hot, I am thirsty, this isnt right, blah blah....k, there it goes, NO scarf for ME, and I will get even New Years day when I have off and he will be trying to watch college football...hehehehehe EVIL I am....

yes, I MUST get a tote of HIS and throw the craolla out and clean it and use it for MY stuff..:lol

I might join in here too if that's ok. I'm a member of several other CAL but they all coincide so this could work. Also don't want to have to buy presents this year like I always end up doing cause I run out of time.

Got my list ready.

ohhhhhhh, I am so proud of myself. I got 3 scarfs put away already. :) I found some fun fur on clearance at one of our LYS for .50 so I had to have it. Then I didnt know what to do with it so I made scarfs. I still have like 12 skeins of it (I bought them out...:blush)

I also bought some Peaches and Cream to make some dish scrubbies, which I have to be honest I have never done before....and I have never used cotton, so I may be needing some help....maybe not, but at least I have a start. I figure some cute little scrubbies will be good for fillers. :) And imagine how many I can make in a year.

I also made it to row 25 on my RR, havent touched the rec granny, but hey I'm on it.

oops, and I added a poncho to my list. But I havent found a pattern I like so I am off to wing one based on like 3 patterns I like. Wish me luck. :devil

I am hoping to get a start on my list soon. Been working on a blanket for my mother in laws bday and it seems to be taking forever to finish. I think I may put it down for today and atleast make a start on a few dishclothes. They always leave me with a sense of satisfaction.

I am redoing my entire list. Since some of the people I had listed previously to make gifts are no longer in my life. Here is my new list:

Max (DH): Socks 1 pair, Cap and Scarf

My Mother: Crocheted Quilt Afghan with Matching Pillow

My Dad: Afghan with a fish on it

My Brother: Simpsons Afghan

Grandmother: Sweetheart Ripple Afghan (From Crochet World February 2009)

Granddaddy: Afghan

Parents In Law: Afghan

My Cats: Toys

Sheridan (My Dog): Blanket & a Sweater

Here's my list so far. I'm having trouble finding stuff for the men in the family

Mike (DH)

Shayliene( DD)

poncho

scarf

afghans

Grace(DD)

scarf

afghan

Jacob & Joshua(twin sons)

scarfs

afghans

Grandma

scarf

Kitchen set

Afghan

coasters

pot holders

Mom

scarf

Kitchen set

Afghan

slippers

potholders

Jim

scarf

Aunt G

scarf

Kitchen set

coasters

pot holders

Matthew

scarf

afghan

Uncle Bill

Here's my list so far. I'm having trouble finding stuff for the men in the family

Me too!!! Maybe we can all come up with some good ideas together!. Hmmm....

A remote control cozy for the couch (wouldn't work for me with all the little ones.

Some sports drink cozies. I saw a cute baseball and football one.

Masculine scarves, hats, mitts.

Afghan.

Willy warmer! Hahahaha!!!! j/k (maybe;))

Any other ideas out there?

I'm in, I just need to figure out what I want to make! I know I want to make the bowling set again and some of the vroomies. I don't know what else. I usually just make toys. So, I will go through my stuff and see. Can we update? Like if I get a new pattern I just "have" to buy then I can add it?

I am still working on my list, but will post as soon as I "get it together." :compute

TeaKayCee - I am curious about the dish drying mats you are making! Do you have a pic or pattern you can post? I've never seen a pattern for one and would love to know where you got what you're using!! Thanks!! :hug

Patty

Well.. What I'm doing is either making up my own pattern or using patterns for placemats. I'm going to use Cotton yarn.. as in P&C because it absorbs water better and can be hung to dry easier. You lay this dish drying mat on the counter and use it to set hand washed dishes to dry. Although I have a dishwasher... there are many times I hand wash things and the drying mat is great. It lays nice on the countertop... absorbs the water nicely...it hangs to dry easy... and it folds nice to be put away.

I'll post a pic as soon as I get a chance!

:heart

:mug

I just found the sweetest graph in the AA catalog I got today of a sheltie...My son owns one and I think at the very least a pillow...but I have to order the whole sa-bang so I hope some of the other kiddos get dogs this year LOL

I have yet to start my list but I know I need to get started soon. I need to get some housework done then maybe I'll pull out my stash and try to make a list I have the house to myself until 3pm :cheer

I talked to my mom and sister the other day and they all loved the afghans and shawl I sent out this yr.

I love this, I joined the "hat a week" crochet along so I can make a list of hats I want get done and also keep track of my extra projects. I like to make fall sweaters for my daughters and nieces so this will be fabulous!!! I am so excited.....I want to start today! :hook

Archived