Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

Yes I'm falling behind myself I've been busy making scarves so now I need to try to focus on Christmas presents to make everyone for next year and my 5yr old wants me to make her a scarf from Redheart's soft yarn since I made her hat out of it and she loves it

I make it a point to ALWAYS stop for a request from 1 of my children! Those projects are the best!

yes it is the best and especially since the temperatures in Michigan are getting colder plus the temperatures for the next couple of days are in the frostbite and hypothermia conditions which will be -25 making her scarf doing single crochet stitches

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finish my sisters earmuffs yesterday and they turned out so cute :yay

I used a the La Bella Rosa Earmuff pattern from the 2009 Crochet Pattern a Day calender and Moda Dea Dream yarn. It is so soft and cozy :manyheart

SANY2045.jpg

I even talked my hubby into trying it on LOL :laughroll He is such a good sport :yes

SANY2046.jpg

I'll have to join this too - just to give myself a little motivation. I always wait too long & this year, before I really got started on anything I wound up having surgery & couldn't crochet anything. Grrrrr.......so frustrating. I crocheted little ornaments for people but that was about it. I'll just pick a few things off the list I had for last year that I know I still want to gift to people, then I'll have time if I want to change my mind for others. I remember I was going to make several pairs of fingerless mitts. Those are always appreciated. Guess I can start with those. Maybe a quick hat to go with them. I'll have to take a break & make a few prom shawls that I promised, then I should have a better plan of what else to make.

nelliemoelleringThe Misguided List of the Unfortunately Optomistic

I vote this is the BEST NAME of a list that I have seen yet! :rofl Can I use it?!:hook

You totally can, I was a communications major in college and worked in the editoral department of the campus newsletter so the zingers will keep coming, i have an gift, one that some times gets me in trouble. Although my friends will say that I am a riot when replying to the chain style "fill in the blank" emails.

I finish my sisters earmuffs yesterday and they turned out so cute :yay

I used a the La Bella Rosa Earmuff pattern from the 2009 Crochet Pattern a Day calender and Moda Dea Dream yarn. It is so soft and cozy :manyheart

SANY2045.jpg

I even talked my hubby into trying it on LOL :laughroll He is such a good sport :yes

SANY2046.jpg

props to your hubby :lol

You totally can, I was a communications major in college and worked in the editoral department of the campus newsletter so the zingers will keep coming, i have an gift, one that some times gets me in trouble. Although my friends will say that I am a riot when replying to the chain style "fill in the blank" emails.

:clap:clap:clap I do LOOOVE wordplay! it's my brand of humor, too!

yes it is the best and especially since the temperatures in Michigan are getting colder plus the temperatures for the next couple of days are in the frostbite and hypothermia conditions which will be -25 making her scarf doing single crochet stitches

:wbrrOh, my!!! that's WICKED COLD!!! :wcold

we are only going to -5 with a wind chill of -something...well, I hope you all stay WARM!!!!

well... I just finished my 1st piece of 2009! what a feeling! ... now :think how do I post the pics? It is an afghan/quilt for a friend... I am soooo excited! Now I can play with other stuff guilt free!

LeeAnn, that's very pretty! :cheer

I know you're glad to have such a great gift already done!

I'm not ready to start my Christmas projects quite yet. I've got too much on my hook at the moment, already. But I'm following along and keeping my projects in mind. When I finish some of what I've started, I'm definitely going to start on Christmas. I haven't forgotten! ;)

I'm almost done with my giant granny 'ghan....just another 10 rounds or so to go. But, seeing as its for a king size bed, those last 10 rounds might take a little while!

I was feeling terribly guilty for buying up so much yarn during these after-the-holidays sales, even though I had Christmas '09 projects in mind while buying. Well, now I'm glad that I DID buy up so much yarn - DH got the word yesterday that his company is beginning massive lay-offs next week. He's not very high on the totem pole as far as seniority, so I'm pretty sure he'll be in the unemployment line by the end of next week. That means tightening down the purse strings, as in, no more yarn sprees! :( BUT, thanks to my inability to pass up a good deal, I've got PLENTY of yarn :lol

well I keep getting behind my youngest wanted a scarf made out of rhs yarn and when I told my youngest her scarf was almost done my md (middle daughter) wanted a scarf made so now I need to make a scarf for her and also my youngest wanted me to make her mittens I told her when I get better at crochet I'll make her mittens the request from my kids just keep coming in lol

well I keep getting behind my youngest wanted a scarf made out of rhs yarn and when I told my youngest her scarf was almost done my md (middle daughter) wanted a scarf made so now I need to make a scarf for her and also my youngest wanted me to make her mittens I told her when I get better at crochet I'll make her mittens the request from my kids just keep coming in lol

I love it!!! Your daughters must be great kids! I had a pattern for the simplest ever mittens... let me find it so I can post it for you!

LeeAnn, that's very pretty! :cheer

I know you're glad to have such a great gift already done!

I'm not ready to start my Christmas projects quite yet. I've got too much on my hook at the moment, already. But I'm following along and keeping my projects in mind. When I finish some of what I've started, I'm definitely going to start on Christmas. I haven't forgotten! ;)

..don't worry! we'll be here!:yes

Archived