Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MellyBelly-

I will be thinking of you and your family... I hope that all will be well.

:hug

Thanks for the kind thoughts...I paid my car off a few months ago, so I've been socking away some of that money for an 'emergency' fund. He's been hearing rumors of lay-offs for a couple months now, so we've been trying to prepare ourselves for it. Luckily, I've got a decent and secure job. I feel like things will be okay...eventually! :hug

I'll have plenty of Christmas projects to keep my hands and mind busy...that will help A LOT!

I love it!!! Your daughters must be great kids! I had a pattern for the simplest ever mittens... let me find it so I can post it for you!

thanks because I would really like to try and make mittens but the patterns can be so darn hard and it frustrates me

Thanks for the kind thoughts...I paid my car off a few months ago, so I've been socking away some of that money for an 'emergency' fund. He's been hearing rumors of lay-offs for a couple months now, so we've been trying to prepare ourselves for it. Luckily, I've got a decent and secure job. I feel like things will be okay...eventually! :hug

I'll have plenty of Christmas projects to keep my hands and mind busy...that will help A LOT!

I am glad to hear that! well, keep your chins up and hope for the best!

LeeAnne your afghan is beautiful! I love the colours. What is the pattern called and in which book can I find it?

the original pattern is called "Country Warmer", and I have it in "A Year of Afghans 2000". The publisher is Oxmoor House.

This afghan is not exactly like the pattern... I made the squares larger, as well as using different stitches that I liked better. I really had a lot of fun making it, although it took longer than I planned on.

Now I am trying to decide which of my WIPs to pull out to finish:think...(I have a few that need to be gifts)

thanks because I would really like to try and make mittens but the patterns can be so darn hard and it frustrates me

these are links to 2 easy mitten patterns:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cwec-mittens.html

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-mitten.html

let me know if these don't work for you... I had an even easier one, but haven't found it yet:blush. I am still looking though ;)

:crocheting start now for Christmas 2009! That's for me!

I'm started a shawl on the yellow round knifty knitter. The yarn is "vannas choice" in rose combined with Moonlight Mohair (LB) in coral reef, one strand of each. This will be for my dd in Florida.

I'll pick a different person for each month - :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

these are links to 2 easy mitten patterns:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cwec-mittens.html

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-mitten.html

let me know if these don't work for you... I had an even easier one, but haven't found it yet:blush. I am still looking though ;)

thanks for the link the 2nd one didn't seem to work it took me to their list of patterns but the 1st link worked I might try that after I'm done with my md(middle daughter's scarf

This sounds like a good idea. I was out of my head, actually started a ripple like a week before Christmas 08 thinking it would be the current year, woke up the next day and put it away for 09. I've not touched it yet, but my plan was to do a section each week on a particular day. January has almost left us and still it's in the bag with no progress made.

Beyond that though I rarely think that far ahead and will have to give some thought about a real list.

Sandy

It is great to see so many people joining us for this CAL. I love hearing about everyone's progress! :cheer:clap

I have a little of my own. I finished a kitchen set for my mom. This is a slightly exciting project because I made scrubbies. That is exciting for me because they are ROUND. I am still working on doing round.

(sorry about the cruddy picture)

image277vj8.jpg

Mom's kitchen set= a pot holder, dishcloth and two scrubbies.

And since it was so easy I made another kitchen set in blues and browns. I will tuck that away in my Christmas gifts box.

Yah! I finally finished something on my Christmas List! :cheer This shawl will be for my StepMIL. Its made from Bernat Cool Crochet in Velveteen.

(Pictures are clickable)

3217106448_4ef523a9af_m.jpg

And a closeup of the stitches...

3216252349_5a8bcf7b6e_m.jpg

Wow, Isabel! LOVELY shawl!

I hope everyone is doing well... I haven't checked in in a couple of days. I took a mini-break from :ctree:gift this week to make the Irish Lace scarf (or my version of it) for myself :c9 I am thinking of doing a few of them for gifts, and can make them each a little different. I really like to give "one of a kind" pieces.

I wanted to make the slippers in Annies Attic site from Jan. 21st for the gals in the family. Has anyone tried them? Once I get to the chain 7 I cannot figure out the rest. I cannot figure out where the hole will be to put your foot in either. I think that chain 7 has something to do with it.

Any help will be appreciated. :think

Archived