Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

*whew*.... I have been stashbusting away.... getting charity projects worked.. swap projects worked and a couple of CALs going. I want to be able to get at least one person's Christmas gift done this month... but would love it better if I got two done.

So much to do... so little time............ I mean Christmas is only 352 days 6 hours and 5minutes away ... but who's counting................ :U

:heart

:mug

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*whew*.... I have been stashbusting away.... getting charity projects worked.. swap projects worked and a couple of CALs going. I want to be able to get at least one person's Christmas gift done this month... but would love it better if I got two done.

So much to do... so little time............ I mean Christmas is only 352 days 6 hours and 5minutes away ... but who's counting................ :U

HaHaHa, you are too funny!:P I'm hoping to get something done this month too, thats the whole point of this right? But where to find the time!:think

:shrugWow, haven't been on the forum long enough lately to go through some of the threads....already I'm way behind. I've joined the scarf a month CAL so that would be for XMas gifts. Also, need to finish an afghan I had started last year but just put it aside. It was going to be a gift but:shrug...

Anyway, it'll make a nice gift this year.

I'll also be making socks/slippers, fingerless gloves, hats, more afghans, totes/bags/purses, dishcloths, ornaments/snowflakes. I think I'll just make them and put them in a nice super large ziplock bag. I had a few items completed and they came in handy as last minute - totally forgot this person - gifts :D

Okay...I have this all completely under control.....:think

I have a bag in the van with a project in it... I have a tote near my chair in the living room with a project in it... I have a tote in the dinning room with a project in it (I can crochet during family game time) I have a tote in the kitchen with a project in it (where I can watch dinner and stir this or that and get a few stitches in).... and I have a couple totes with projects around my chair in my bedroom.

So you see.... all under control.......................:scared:faint

I am going to join you'all on this one ,It sounds like fun and Lord knows I need to start early :gift

I just got my 2009 Pattern A Day Crochet calender :mail:clap

and I found lots of goodies that I can make as gifts this year..

Here's my list so far

Mom - Arm warmers, Blanket

Dad - Hat

Aunt- Eyeglass Case

Sister- Earmuffs

Hubby- Hat, Slippers

My Beagle- A Sweater

Got the rest of the yarn for my nephews afghan. I think it is coming along nicely. (see tiny/small motifs for updates on this one)

I tried my hand at my first dishcloth. It is useable but won't lay flat so Ill have to find a different pattern to make for gift. One that well lay flat I hope. lol

Well, I haven't been on in awhile. Been busy and had sick kids. I have completed 3 dishclothes and 1 potholder. I know that don't seem like a lot, but it is a start.

My List:

For my SIL: 7 dishcloth's, 4 potholder's and if there is time a few angel ornament's, since she collects angels, but doesn't have any for her tree.

For my dear friend: shawl in blue (not sure what pattern to use yet)

For my grandmother: shawl, dishcloth's and potholders

For Hubby: crocheted sock's

For a niece: a afghan (she has been asking for one)

For MIL: dishcloth's, potholders and maybe a lapghan

For Daughter: A couple of bed dolls

For Son: ??? Just don't know what to make yet.

For BIL: ??? He collect's dolphins, maybe something in filet crochet. I'll have to think about his as well.

Well, at least I have a start.

Lynn

I haven't written up a list yet officially (well, not finished yet) but I have made two scarves and a half a pair of mittens so far. I'll finish the mittens today and start a hat to go with the other scarf. Then two gifts will be completed :)

I really should actually get a list written out and finished. I just keep seeing such cool things to make, I can't decide, lol.

Oh I got ONE dishcloth finished last night in my post surgery haze..lol...but it looks okay today...hahahaha, suprise suprise, so that makes THREE dishclothes done.

Finally found the yarn I was looking for to make the shawl for my MIL and ordered it a few days ago. It's going to totally ruin my stashbusting score. :eek Oh well at least it for a good cause. :shrug:lol So as soon as it arrives I'll get to start on some Christmas gifts. :clap Looks like everyone is getting a good start so far. :cheer

Okay...I have this all completely under control.....:think

I have a bag in the van with a project in it... I have a tote near my chair in the living room with a project in it... I have a tote in the dinning room with a project in it (I can crochet during family game time) I have a tote in the kitchen with a project in it (where I can watch dinner and stir this or that and get a few stitches in).... and I have a couple totes with projects around my chair in my bedroom.

So you see.... all under control.......................:scared:faint

Absolutely love your idea of control, Teakaycee :rofl

Can't believe I still haven't gotten anything done yet. Seems there's always something interferring.:eek

I know what you mean... don't you hate it when life keeps getting in the way of precious stitchin time? I am FINAlLY spending my first day of "normalcy" since before Christmas!!!! Housework just finished... now for some music, :coffee and :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting before I round up the troops after school....

I hope that everyone is well.... I will check back tomorrow:hug

Mom: Sunflower Trivits, Wrap

Hubby: STL Cardinals Blanket for "MAN ROOM" (insert grunt here)

Daughter 3yr: Backyardigans Amigurumi (gotta make patterns)

Daughter 18mo: Fruit Amigurumi with basket

Gram: Dish towels, washcloths

SIL: Poncho

Brother: Newsie Cap, scarf

SILs(2): Purses

Neices(2): Bear Amigurumis

MIL: Dishcloths, Towels

BFF: Slippers and Wrap

Aunts(2): Fruit Trivits

Cousin: Wine Bottle Trivits

Dad: Batman Throw

Dads Wife: Slippers.

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

Yes I'm falling behind myself I've been busy making scarves so now I need to try to focus on Christmas presents to make everyone for next year and my 5yr old wants me to make her a scarf from Redheart's soft yarn since I made her hat out of it and she loves it

Oh I thought things would settle down after the holidays, but NO! My son decided to totally redo his room (he's an adult) you know painting, new bed covers, new accessories & it's been a nightmare around here while he moves things back & forth between working:eek

The yarn I ordered arrived yesterday so I can finally start on a few Christmas presents! :hook Hopefully I'll get one or two of them done this month. I started on my StepMILs shawl this morning and it looks so beautiful so far. It's going to turn out even better than I thought. :clap

Oh I thought things would settle down after the holidays, but NO! My son decided to totally redo his room (he's an adult) you know painting, new bed covers, new accessories & it's been a nightmare around here while he moves things back & forth between working:eek

... you gotta love kids! I hope the project is quick for him (AND YOU!!!)

The yarn I ordered arrived yesterday so I can finally start on a few Christmas presents! :hook Hopefully I'll get one or two of them done this month. I started on my StepMILs shawl this morning and it looks so beautiful so far. It's going to turn out even better than I thought. :clap

...can't wait to see it!!! what color are you using?

Yes I'm falling behind myself I've been busy making scarves so now I need to try to focus on Christmas presents to make everyone for next year and my 5yr old wants me to make her a scarf from Redheart's soft yarn since I made her hat out of it and she loves it

I make it a point to ALWAYS stop for a request from 1 of my children! Those projects are the best!

...can't wait to see it!!! what color are you using?

I'm using Bernat Cool Crochet in Velveteen. It's a lovely velvety shade of burgundy. And the yarn is so soft. My StepMIL is going to :manyheart it!

Archived