Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Tracey!

I am amending my list all throughout the year. I will start with ideas, add to and eliminate as I go. Just putting thoughts down, I guess.

My Mom has an antique crocheted bedspread that the threads holding the motifs together has rotted away. I think a couple of the motifs are trashed as well and you can't get thread to match. I plan on seeing what I can do to repurpose it for her for Christmas. Pillows? Pillow shams??

Add to the to-do list!

Count me in on this one, too! I was writing in my blog the other night that every year I say I'm going to get my gifts done early, but I never do and the week before Christmas I'm always in a mad race to try getting things finished and then I end up buying something instead because I didn't get finished. So if I join in and work along with y'all, I can do what I always say I'm going to do and get my gifts done way in advance of Christmas 2009.

I don't have a list yet, but like KellieD I am going to make a list and then adjust it as I go. Quite a few of the names on my list are people who work here at the hotel, and that group tends to turn itself over (except for two or three people) every year. So I will just make some generic giftis to use for those situations! I'm excited! I really think 2009 is going to be different! :clap

Hey, that's an impressive start! :cheer:cheer

I've been thinking about my list. Here is what I have in mind as of right now.

For my SIL: 7 dishcloth's, 4 potholder's and if there is time a few angel ornament's, since she collects angels, but doesn't have any for her tree.

For my dear friend: shawl in blue (not sure what pattern to use yet)

For my grandmother: shawl, dishcloth's and potholders

For Hubby: crocheted sock's

For a niece: a afghan (she has been asking for one)

For MIL: dishcloth's, potholders and maybe a lapghan

For Daughter: A couple of bed dolls

For Son: ??? Just don't know what to make yet.

For BIL: ??? He collect's dolphins, maybe something in filet crochet. I'll have to think about his as well.

Well, at least I have a start.

Lynn

I'm definitely in. I'll start working on my list of everything I want to make in 2009, not just Christmas. This is going to be fun and hopefully we can all stick with it and not be stressing at the last minute.

amen to that! :yes

hey, all!

well... here goes... my 1st draft ;) for next years' gift list:

My mom: an afghan (that she will unknowingly choose the pattern for on Christmas night while we enjoy "pie at 9" :c9

My sister, the :princess : a sunflower afghan :sun

My neice: maybe some ornaments for her first :ctree

My Mother-in-law: a cream and taupe striped afghan with flowers cross stitched on (it's a UFO that I really need to be done with :blush)

My BIL: Finally, he will get his "man-ghan"... he always kids 'bout how I never made anything for him! :heehee

My kid's CCD teacher: The Annie's Attic afghan with the cross and roses cross stitched on. She is an :angel

Teachers, staff at school: scarves (from the 12 scarves of 2009 CAL) :wgrin

for me? :think:think:think there needs to be something for ME! :rofl

...would also like to do some items for a couple of craft shows next year (to earn some $$$ for yarn shopping:devil)

I plan to make all of these gifts (except the brown for the sunflower afghan) from my stash (count it towards the 2009 stash bustin' CAL):yarn:yarn:yarn:yay

... well that's what I got so far... but as we all know, it will change, and change, and change again! But that's ok... I will still be ahead of where i ended up THIS year :P

I gotta go... we are about to get a foot of :snow, and my 4 DK's will be home by lunch :clap:loco

Have a :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting stitchin' day :waving:waving

OK, Here's my '09 list so far:

Mom - Sweater

Sis - Shrug/shawl

Coworkers - Keychains

StepMIL - Filet Pillow

MIL - Shawl

SIL - Purse and Scarf

Two Nieces - Purses

BFF - Purse

Friend - Angel

hmmm....can I use this for Christmas decorations, instead of gifts?

I want to make decorations for next year, and I told myself I'd start just as soon as I finished the other things on my hook. After I finish decorations I may want to do some gifts, but I've got several decorations in mind....

We moved to a new house this year, and I would like to decorate better next year.

Would that be OK?

hmmm....can I use this for Christmas decorations, instead of gifts?

I want to make decorations for next year, and I told myself I'd start just as soon as I finished the other things on my hook. After I finish decorations I may want to do some gifts, but I've got several decorations in mind....

We moved to a new house this year, and I would like to decorate better next year.

Would that be OK?

that sounds like fun! and sure you can use this CAL for whatever you want to do with Christmas 2009! :welcome

OK, Here's my '09 list so far:

Mom - Sweater

Sis - Shrug/shawl

Coworkers - Keychains

StepMIL - Filet Pillow

MIL - Shawl

SIL - Purse and Scarf

Two Nieces - Purses

BFF - Purse

Friend - Angel

:welcome, Isabel!

that sounds like fun! and sure you can use this CAL for whatever you want to do with Christmas 2009! :welcome

Great! Thanks!

OK, here's my list so far:

tree skirt

4 stockings - I may make more, and then let my family choose the ones they want....

holiday dog coat

Christmas afghan

table centerpiece: doily? filet? I don't know yet, since we don't even have a table right now! :lol I'll have to decide that later.

I may have to amend my list later, but that's the plan for now! ;)

And if I finish all that in a timely manner (:lol) I'll see about gifts!

OKay, I've been thinking....

-music note wrap http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/chakra_scarf/chakra_scarf_1.html

-several scarves (12 scarves CAL) :)

-snowflakes

-reindeer filet from last Crochet Today

ooooooh! :drool I love that wrap! I can't wait to see how it comes out!

Christmas 2009

Here is my list of what I have been thinking about doing:

Hubby: Afghan, hat & scarf

Sons: Afghan, hat & scarf

Our Yorkie: blanket

Two sisters: scarfs

Brother: hat & scarf

MIL: Afghan

her hubby: Afghan

Co-workers: ornaments

I know I will modify this list as time goes on because it does not include other family member, but this is a start!:yay:yay:yay

I need to make at least 25 winter sets because I have family and friends in snow and cold weather. I didn't do so well last year although I did take a couple of dozen or so scarves to Europe but not enough time to make hats to go with them:blush They loved the scarves so I'm going to make sets this year to send. Hope to include warmers eventually to go with them...we'll see. I also have to make a christmas skirt for daughter in Germany and a couple of ornaments for all. Here is my first set. Lime Green Bernat Chunky. Hat is made from a free pattern on the net which I changed a little to get the look I wanted. The Round Granny scarf I tested for Jessicagil.

LimeSet.jpg

I think it makes a lovely set and that makes 1 down and 24 to go :lol:hook

OK I gave my 2009 List alot of thought this weekend and here is what I have.

My mom blanket and scarf

MIL blanket , tree skirt

DD6 fleece blanket beanie hat

DS4 fleece blanket beanie hat

DD8 fleece blanket beanie hat

Sister black hat and mittens

Hubby Fleece blanket

Daycare Kids scarves and hats girls get headbands also

BJ tree skirt

Misc items to make for craft sale

candles

scarfs

mittens

hats

blankets

shawls

leg warmers

wrist warmers

cozies

bikini

dish clothes

bags

sock

stockings

tree skirts

I have 2 blankets that I have half finished i've either run out of yarn or I've had to get gifts done

Scarfs for my CAL .

I'm sure the list will be added to over the months I look forward to seeing what everyone makes I love getting ideas from others

Archived