Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like most of you i also said I'd start early for this year but that didn't happen. I did manage to finish an afghan and 2 pillows before November but that's about it. Count me in on this. Need to figure out what I want to make for gifts and start my list

I am so there!:clap

I just finished a hat pattern for myself that I really, really like. It was so much fun to do that I think I'll make several for gifts.

Now, to come up with other ideas!

what's the pattern? I have a hard time with hats too, and would like to see...do you have a pic?

I don't have a pic as I just finished it this morning and have not figured out how to post pics yet.

It is the Thermal Stitch adult hat and I believe I got the pattern from CPC. I loved making it and I'm enjoying wearing it even more! So much nicer looking in the flesh than the picture would lead you to think.

Well, it wasn't off of CPC. It is a Julie Bolduc design so it must be on the JPFun site. I'll look at the printed directions and figure it out.

Yup. www.jpfun.com Just put in a search for Thermal Stitch Adult Hat.

I did mine in a yarn that had subtle shadings of color. The stitch would really stand out done in a solid color.

I'm tired of going blank on what to make and forgetting about how much time I have to make it in. I have enough stress and I don't want next years christmas stresses to add to it. So count me in on this and I hope to keep my projects up to date.

I'm in too. I have a lot of projects in mind for next year, including a Christening gown that I want to start in January.

So this will help me keep on track. Thanks.

:manyheart

Well, it wasn't off of CPC. It is a Julie Bolduc design so it must be on the JPFun site. I'll look at the printed directions and figure it out.

Yup. www.jpfun.com Just put in a search for Thermal Stitch Adult Hat.

I did mine in a yarn that had subtle shadings of color. The stitch would really stand out done in a solid color.

Thanks, Kellie!!! :clap:clap I can't wait to try it!

:welcome :welcome ... we're gonna have a :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting "STITCHIN' " year!!! I just KNOW it! :ghug

Oh, this is an awesome idea. I'm definitely in. Every year I have a list of things to make and end up not finishing half of them.

I'm in too. I have a lot of projects in mind for next year, including a Christening gown that I want to start in January.

So this will help me keep on track. Thanks.

:manyheart

I'm tired of going blank on what to make and forgetting about how much time I have to make it in. I have enough stress and I don't want next years christmas stresses to add to it. So count me in on this and I hope to keep my projects up to date.

I am in on this one. Glad to know I am not the only one already thinking about what to crochet for Christmas 2009.

Like most of you i also said I'd start early for this year but that didn't happen. I did manage to finish an afghan and 2 pillows before November but that's about it. Count me in on this. Need to figure out what I want to make for gifts and start my list

Count me in, don't have specific things in mind, but I want to do some craft shows, sell some things on ebay, have lots of gifts to give, etc. Hope the list we post can be adjusted as I adjust my thinking.

I'm in, too. This is a great idea! :clap

Patty

Sounds like a great idea cause I've sure been behind this year!:yes

I'm in - and the first two things on my list will be the two things I didn't get finished in time this year!

count me in I had 8 round ripples and a starghan(my first) and a butterfly wing shawl(my first) to make this year and since I didnt learn to make round ripples until september I have been pretty busy

WIP still

last round ripple

starghan my first

I have known how to crochet since I was 8 and I am now 48 (almost) he he he well up till a year ago I couldnt follow a pattern well I can now and I am off and running and loving it and I love it here and I love my new blog I made (very proud of me) he he he

Janny

I'd like to join in. it sounds like alot of fun. i already have ideas of what i.m going to do next year.

Laura

I'm also in..I have great intentions but lousy follow through..I'm also supposed to save

25.00per paycheck for christmas..Again I failed to save..lol...2009 is near..

I am definately in. Iuually start in Spring anyway, but this year is the first year I ahve crocheted in years. I also want to do more charity crocheting.I just need to find a central place that I can put it and not forget where that is!:oops

Also, I have made 6 little santa hats already for friends and the babies in their family. I got the pattern from Carons web site for free. I have been using ILTY in red and for the white, I have been using some of the fancy stringy white yarn bee stuff. I found it on clearance at HL. They have been so popular, I want to make some for the local hospital nurseries for next Dec.:wgrin

:ctree:sheepxmas

Howdy Ladies:

I'm too for sure in this one... this is fun and I got already a tote where I will be placing all that i make as I really need to get a head start as of now I'm still crocheting gifts for this year so need to start early...

This year I made lots of snowman soup gift packs and crocheted snowflakes to attach to the snowman soup packs and then I have been handing them out to the staff at the doctors clinic and also I have made them some dish cloths with the nylon scrubbies ..

And all i hear is the oooohhhh and ahhhhhh's

I have even given some to the radiology dept staff and the lab staff and the hospital volunteers just to put a smile on their faces so for sure i must start early for 2009...

I will be posting photos here of all I make...

hugs to all

Lillibet

:clapI'm in definately!! Starting projects in December is not the way to go...I'm just to stressed out! :D

Count me in. I have already started a list .:yes

Well, I'm going to join!!! I planned on this last year, but it didn't happen. I did manage to make my SIL an afghan for her gift this year. I have one of those storage tubes, I place gifts in. And I have a list rolling around in my head for gifts.

Lynn

HA HA HA HA HA @ Miss Crochet! I do the very same thing! LOLOL~only it's not REALLY that funny, is it? (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I've made a partial list of some of the things that I would like to make for next year; hoping it goes better this time.

Christmas List for 2009

graph afghans for Mom - Dad - 2 daughters - 4 sons - 5 grandchildren

hats & scarves for friends & family

Christmas tree skirt for daughter

lots of ornaments for friends & family

Long sweater coat for daughter

I'll figure out how to list these beneath my siggy later.

Christmas gifts so far for 2009~

Thermal Stitch hats

Ribbed Slippers (made these this year and really like the pattern)

Felted purses

Snowmen and Santas

Whip out the hooks, here we go!

All right. Count me in. There were several things I wanted to crochet this year but never got around to it for Christmas. Well, next year will be different!

to start off with:

A red scarf for a good friend

The blanket for my sister (already have the yarn)

A really awesome star wars themed blanket for the husband. (well, we'll see how that pattern goes... might just do something more simple!)

A Christmas afghan for the apartment (it'll be my gift for my couch!)

Also, several baby blankets, hats and scarves for Charity.

Also, let's add on two tree skirts. One for my tree and one for the in-laws. They always get such gorgeous real Christmas trees but something bright and sparkly underneath might be a nice addition to them.

I've been thinking about my list. Here is what I have in mind as of right now.

For my SIL: 7 dishcloth's, 4 potholder's and if there is time a few angel ornament's, since she collects angels, but doesn't have any for her tree.

For my dear friend: shawl in blue (not sure what pattern to use yet)

For my grandmother: shawl, dishcloth's and potholders

For Hubby: crocheted sock's

For a niece: a afghan (she has been asking for one)

For MIL: dishcloth's, potholders and maybe a lapghan

For Daughter: A couple of bed dolls

For Son: ??? Just don't know what to make yet.

For BIL: ??? He collect's dolphins, maybe something in filet crochet. I'll have to think about his as well.

Well, at least I have a start.

Lynn

Count me in...I am quite annoyed with myself for not getting anything done this year. I am determined to do better next year. I haven't made a list yet, but I do know that I want to make flannelghans for my two uncles. That's a good place to start, I guess. Oh, and I'd really like a tree skirt and some snowflakes for my tree next year. Beyond that, no clue. I'll be organizing my patterns and stash soon, so once I've had a chance to look through everything, I'll have a better list.

Archived