Christmas 2009?!

a_stitchintime

I'm in I totally ran out of time this year so I'm starting way early. Heres my list. I have the yarn for 1 shawl, and Jessicas blanket has 2 of 15 squares done.

Pam ~ shawl

Jessica ~ blanket

Mom ~ table cloth

G’ma ~ shawl

Steve~ superman blanket

Tina ~ RR in blues

Kendra ~ blanket

Various ami’s ~ for sons and niece

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here's my list

Peggy and Richard - The Lord's Prayer

My maternal grands- Praying hands

My paternal grands- tablerunner

Heather- Mickey mouse afghan

Mom- Laura Ingalls Wilder doily

Scott- Maltese cross pillow

My son- Hoodie

My daughter-poncho sweater

Sister- tablerunner

Greg- FSU graph

Dad- Michigan Graph

Nephew- Carolina panthers graph

and 12 gingerbread mini stockings to put on packages

I have my work cut out for me!! Gotta go get started!:hook:crocheting

Heres my list

Ceilidh- blanket, hat,scarf,mittens, 3 new American girl outfits

Morgaine - blanket,hat,scarf,mittens,3 new American girl outfits

Glenn, hat,mitts,blanket,

Shirley, dishclothes,slippers,bag holder,scrubbies,

sylvia, dishclothes, scrubbies

I will also need 24 pairs of slippers to donate to the local hospital for xmas gifts.

Where do you find the time? I am going to be kiling myself to get mine done and still have a life. lol

Life? what is that? :lol lol. I crochet to destress from school, I start my nursing classes in 2 weeks so I am predicting A LOT of destressing will be needed. Plus I do it while watching tv at night and on my breaks at work. I also wait inbetween picking up my boys from school, up to a half hour, so i bring it with me. Just that little bit of time adds up quick when doing a project. So I start a project in the car and when it gets to big I move it into the house.

I've really got to stick to a plan this year, so I'm in. :yes

Here's the start of my list:

Son #1 - Ripple in reds for bed -Crochet

Son #2 - Ripple in blues for bed - Crochet

Son #3 - A bunch of Ninja amigurumi - Crochet

My mom - Place mats/dish cloths Crochet

Family Gift Exchange - Knitted scarf

Christmas Decorations - At least 12 snowflakes, several trees - Crochet

Hackey Sacks for my students (aprox. 30)

Oh yay! I start early every year, but for 2008 I didn't get very early start due to health problems and getting side tracked with other things. It was miserable, I felt guilty having not made more of the gifts.

The guys in the family are tough, not really sure what to make just yet. It's far more easy to make things for the girls in the family. This year, like most recent years will be a mix of hand embroidered redwork, sewing, and crochet.

I plan on making:

Snowflakes

Redwork embroidered tea towels

Cotton kitchen towels (thicker than tea towel fabric) with crochet edges

Hair wrap towels (cut/sewn terry cloth towels)

Santa/Mrs Santa clothes for the plastic dolls using an old Leisure Arts pattern

For the guys, I just don't know. Maybe some crochet golf covers for a couple of them, but the others I just don't know. It's tough making stuff for guys! I thought about hats, but my crochet hat attempts have been pretty sucky so far. I could just knit them I guess, make some london beanies in the sports team colors they like.

It's been about 4 years since I made a couple of them some knit hats, don't know if they'd want more. I don't actually get to see them in the winter to know if they even wear the things hehe.

Going to have to give this some thought.

I could ask and find out if they have a DS or whatever else is portable, and sew or crochet up some cute.. I mean manly DS cozies and while I'm at it make myself a cute kitty one.

OK, xmas this year is almost wrapped up for me, so I've started on a list, which is VERY subject to change! My Mom still has my unfinished blanket that I made her, she won't give it back for me to finish!!!! :eek So heres my list so far;

Max - skull potholders

Darlene - tea stuff, mugwarmer/coaster

Taylor - soccer blanket?

Lucas - soccer blanket?

Quenton - Halo blanket

Liam - Spiderman RR

Aidan - Hulk RR

Nicole - purse

Jeffrey - finish football afghan

Stephanie - purse

Sandy - tea stuff, mugwarmer/coaster

Suzy - cowl, fingerless gloves

lots of wreath ornaments or snowflakes for xmas cards

Still undecided - Mom, John, Nat, Wayne, Roy, Ethan, Jamie, Haley, Alex, Courtney, Debbie, Amy, Amanda, Joshua, Nathan, and teacher gifts.

For craft show?

Rudolph Hats

Santa/Snowman Purses

Spongy & Starfish Sets

Santa Slippers

I just wondered, does anyone else have the problem of not being able to hold on to everything they make for xmas? I tend to give stuff away when its done, especially for my kids.:think How do you guys keep it until xmas??

I just wondered, does anyone else have the problem of not being able to hold on to everything they make for xmas? I tend to give stuff away when its done, especially for my kids.:think How do you guys keep it until xmas??

I am going to buy a big plastic tote for just this. And not touch it for anything else.....which reminds me I should be putting togetehr some last minute birthday presents into another box.....hmmmmmmmmm

I started 2 different balnkets already. One is blue and white (both pound of love, cause I always wanted one for myself out of that, so thats what I am working with lol) in a rec. granny,

The other a pink and white (double stranded) RR in softee baby.....

I am 20 rows into the blue one, and about 17 on the RR. getting back tot he pink one today. :) see how far I can get before I get off of work tonight at 9.

I am going to buy a big plastic tote for just this. And not touch it for anything else.....which reminds me I should be putting togetehr some last minute birthday presents into another box.....hmmmmmmmmm

Great minds! I have a plastic tub on the top shelf of my closet which is mostly empty. I cleaned it out last night for the purpose of holding all of my finished Christmas items.

Hopefully I will get to start on some of the smaller items tonight. I have my crochet tote filled with yarn and ready to go!

Wow!!!

You all have great lists! I think we will all be busy all Year long! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I agree with not being able to hold onto stuff that is done... I just get too excited to wait! I will really try hard this year to hold on to everything.

I will be in and out sparatically over the next week... my mom is in the hospital, and I like to spend as much time as I can... then, when I get home, I have my DH and 4 lil darlin's to enjoy! I will check in as I can...

:hugto all of you, and Happy New Year!:yay:yay:yay

:hug Sorry to hear your Mom's in the hospital...here's hoping she's doing well and home soon!

Yes, I definitely want in on this one. I BARELY finished ONE afghan as a Christmas gift this year :blush I want to make one for my stepdaughter as well as one for my sister-in-law. Also, want to make dishcloths and snowflakes and....LOTS of things in mind. I need to start a list!

I'm currently working on a bedspread for ME...well, more for DH. He actually requested that I make something :eek:eek:eek I almost fell over. But, I decided to go with a gigantic granny square, so it should work up fast. THEN I'll get down to Christmas business! :yay

Awe, I had 10 yes 10 washcloths done and dang it my sister came over and begged me for them..............yes YES I gave in!!!!!!!!!!! Back to the begining of the list.......I gotta learn how to HIDE my stuff when it is done..........

Awe, I had 10 yes 10 washcloths done and dang it my sister came over and begged me for them..............yes YES I gave in!!!!!!!!!!! Back to the begining of the list.......I gotta learn how to HIDE my stuff when it is done..........

Ouch.........dishclothes I find are the hardest to put away for any reason. It always seems someone will ask or hint around the topic and next thing you know, they have them clutched tightly in there hands as they walk out the door. I bet you will make those 10 a time or two before xmas comes.

We have a large grey bin that holds wrapping paper and bows. Well the paper sort of sticks out but at least it's all together hehe. We put gifts we find through the year, stuff I make, and family game prizes in. Then in November I can pull it out and sort through to see what all I've forgotten that i put in back through the year

Used to be that we'd use that same bin to transport gifts and clothes in (leaving the paper/bows behind), when we traveled in the truck. We'd duck tape the lid down and strap it down in the back. Now we go by car, and just use a laundry basket to carry the gifts in during the trip.

OK, xmas this year is almost wrapped up for me, so I've started on a list, which is VERY subject to change! My Mom still has my unfinished blanket that I made her, she won't give it back for me to finish!!!! :eek So heres my list so far;

Max - skull potholders

Darlene - tea stuff, mugwarmer/coaster

Taylor - soccer blanket?

Lucas - soccer blanket?

Quenton - Halo blanket

Liam - Spiderman RR

Aidan - Hulk RR

Nicole - purse

Jeffrey - finish football afghan

Stephanie - purse

Sandy - tea stuff, mugwarmer/coaster

Suzy - cowl, fingerless gloves

lots of wreath ornaments or snowflakes for xmas cards

Still undecided - Mom, John, Nat, Wayne, Roy, Ethan, Jamie, Haley, Alex, Courtney, Debbie, Amy, Amanda, Joshua, Nathan, and teacher gifts.

For craft show?

Rudolph Hats

Santa/Snowman Purses

Spongy & Starfish Sets

Santa Slippers

:drool Where did you find skull pothodler??? Please share!!!

I use suitcases for storing my pressies. I have a bad habit of giving away during the year too. If someone likes something...I tend to hand it over lol. So I have learned to make several for extras. I have a couple of crochet spa baskets with washies and such and I have some goodies I picked up during Christmas because I can get some great stuff that is locally made and then I just fill when needed. I have several scarves and a couple of hats already = must make sets out of them tho. I also pick up any little trinkets, special pens, pins, knick knacks, whatever appeals to me and distribute with my gifts. I do remember to keep one suitcase free for trips tho lol. I need to make some small amis for the grans. I'm doing those inbetween...fortunately I know so many talented people (crochetville members) and you are all so nice to share some of your patterns. Thank you all.

Hello Everyone! I've been working hard on my Christmas Crochet list for 2009 :compute and think I have a good first draft to work from...

Sara G. – Dishcloths

Sandy – Bag, Scrubbie, Dishcloths, Broom Topper

Mom – Bag, Scrubbie, Dishcloths, Broom Topper, Afghan

MIL – Dishcloths, Afghan

Chrissy – Dishcloths

Secret Sister - ?

Sarah – AMI

Katie – AMI

Genny – AMI

Judy - AMI

This CAL is such a great idea! :clap:clap It will help all of us plan and stay on track. Thank you so much for starting it.

Patty

I DEFINITELY need to plan better for this coming year! Only 1 person was given a hand-made gift from me and that was the annual Christmas socks that my Mother MUST have! So, better planning for 2009 is a MUST! Here we go!

-3 afghans for my siblings & their spouses.

-socks for my Mother and both sisters

-hats for all 4 children

-scarves for my Father & his wife

-Slippers for Hubby (he can't sleep without his "sleeping socks")

-a new tree skirt for the tree

-some thread ornaments for the tree

So far that is the list but, then again it not quite January yet-LOL.

I'll be on hold for this CAL for a little bit, my b/f's mom is very sick and was told it might be a few weeks to a few months that she has left. I will rejoin when i can.

:hug Sorry to hear about the b/f's mom....keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

As far as my list, my thoughts seem to scatter when I think about Christmas. I guess because I'm still stressed from this past Christmas :lol

Anyway, here's a rough draft:

SIL - afghan (still trying to determine pattern/colors-she's VERY picky).

StepDaughter - 24 pt Round Ripple in pinks and black...may throw a little purple in for good measure.

At least a dozen dishclothes for those that 'pop up' at the last minute because I forget :blush Have TONS of cotton yarn to stashbust, anyway!

LOTS of snowflakes for gifts/decorations, and maybe even a few more for me :D

Niece - 24 pt Round Ripple (still trying to determine colors on this one, too).

I know I definitely need to get to work on the afghans ASAP, as once summer gets here, I have a hard time forcing myself to work on them because of the heat! I already have the yarn for my stepdaughter's ghan, and I'm thinking of browns for another one because I have TONS of different shades in my stash already. But, its early yet, so who knows how many times I'll change my mind :lol

I would like to join in on this one!

I have a ton of yarn and lots to make for Christmas next year.

I have started a Charity page and have made my own goal of donating 100 items to a senior center and 50 items to a maternity ward by Christmas 2009 so i'll start my list with those

Then for my family

Niece- new afghan for her big girl bed

Sister- scarf

Mom- scarf

MIL- scarf

SIL- scarf

BIL's GF- scarf X2

Grandma- slippers and dishcloths

Aunt X 4- dishcloths

I think ill stop there for now and start yarning!

Archived