2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Thanks!!!!

Cool on the computer sleeve!! Post a pic???

Congrats Diane!! That is excellent news!!

In other not quite as exciting news, but still good--last night I started a laptop sleeve for my new computer...and I finished off 2 skeins of cotton from my stash!! I was able to resist buying something new. It might have been more, but I picked the slooowest stitch. Why did I decided I liked to look of hdc/sc repeats? Why oh why oh why?? I stitched for about 4 hours, and only got close to half way. If I had bought the super bulky Debra Norville acrylic yarn I wanted I would have been weaving in ends and stitching on buttons in that amount of time.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok question for all I had a 12oz skein of cotton yarn it was 944yds but I had to rolled some into a skein so would that be -1 or -2 since out it I can get a total of 5 balls of yarn thank you to anyone who answers this question for me

I confess my totals this week aren't going to be good...I got 6 skeins of Encore from someone online (I rationalized it by telling myself that I can ALWAYS use Encore), plus I just bought a skein of Bernat Baby Softee to make some preemie caps. I'm going to have to figure out what I managed to use up making my veterans scarf and the rug--hopefully that will offset it somewhat... :blush

Thanks. I need to get some patterns for crocheting edging around flannal baby blankets. I bought some a while back to work on for someone elses grandbabies, but, gonna do them for mine now!!!!!!!LOL

Congrats on the good news dilyca2006! :D

Ok question for all I had a 12oz skein of cotton yarn it was 944yds but I had to rolled some into a skein so would that be -1 or -2 since out it I can get a total of 5 balls of yarn thank you to anyone who answers this question for me

You need to strike a balance. For all the negative points for buying or accumulating yarn, you get the same number of positive points when you use the yarn. Here's a scenario.

Starting WTD: 0 =(0)

I buy a skein: -2 =(-2)

I roll it into 5 balls: -3 more =(-5)

I use 3 balls; +3 = (-2)

I use the last 2 balls = (0)

I hope that makes sense. If it's a skein you already had, you want your net to be a +2 when you use it all, since that's what you get for using a skein.

Well I went off to SCRAP (scrapaction.org) this past weekend and found yarn. One was a really tangled partial skein of maroon/pink/white multi acrylic, -2. They had lots more acrylic, but that is the one that I wanted.

And Oh goody! Oh goody! some more cotton yarn! I was starting to get bored of the same colors. So I brought the 4 lonely balls home. -4

All for about $2.00.

Then I untangled the skein and rolled a ball. +1

And I crocheted up one of the balls of cotton into a beginning dishcloth. +1

So the grand total is

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -4 / YTD: +4

Oh, and I finally dug out an afghan that had been buried under the stash for a couple of years and took it to a homeless shelter downtown, Transitions Project (www.tprojects.org/)

It had originally been made for the Northwinds Afghan Project, but that charity closed down before I could send it.

In addition, yesterday, I mailed out the lapgan for the cancer patients (pic on that charity thread). I realized that I couldn't really afford to mail big things anymore with my reduced circumstances.:sigh

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: -4/YTD: +4

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

I've been stitching away with my cotton on the laptop cover, and I used up another skein last night. But I got a skein from my swap partner, so that canceled it out. Hoping to finish off another skein before the end of the week, but I doubt it will happen.

I will post a picture of the laptop cover when ever I get it done.

I'm posting now, because I think the chances of me getting actually getting anything else done this week are slim to none.

WTD +4 YTD -95

I had a close one today. Went to Big Lots and they had huge skeins of chennile yarn for $1.50 each. I put three in the basket but as I was shopping I was going over budget ( Halloween party plus my son's 3rd birthday in the same month! ) so I ended up putting the yarn back. Whew! Still a 0 for me although I have been doing a lot of small projects.

Was busting through scraps and other stuff. Busted through a small skein of scarlet yarn, then went through my scrap ball bag and killed 5 small balls so thats 2 for the skein and 5 for the balls.

WTD: +7

I was doing quite well. I used up two skeins of yarn, so I thought I would be in the positives by 4 more points, but then a very nice lady in my knitting group gave me two more skeins so now no change to my score. I do like free yarn.:)

:manyheart

This week was an awesome week for my numbers! And it has put me back in the positives again for the yearly score :dance:woo:dance

WTD +14

Next week won't be so good. I bought some stash from a member of Rav and it is on it's way to me. :ohdear

:cheer:clap:yay:manyheart:jumpyay:woo:laughroll:dance:dance:dance:rock:2rock:bounce:applause:ducky:elle:elle:elle:tdance Hooray for positive YTD dance!!!

This week was an awesome week for my numbers! And it has put me back in the positives again for the yearly score :dance:woo:dance

WTD +14

Next week won't be so good. I bought some stash from a member of Rav and it is on it's way to me. :ohdear

I'm fixing a baby afghan I got at a church rummage sale. I had to frog 4 rounds, but used it up again (canceled out points :lol). It was kind of small, so I used 1 ball and rolled down a skein (+2) making a nice border. That's all this week. I'm going to start making Christmas stuff next week.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 145

Ellie 13

Well, I used up a Cason One Pound and two partial pounder, but then had to buy a pound to finish off another blanket. But I still wind up in the positive this week. Yippee!

score for week ending 10/17/09: +2

How in the world do you people get wtd scores in the +30 or 40 or more range? Don't you sleep? :lol Patty

Archived