2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Congrats, CLLINDA! :dance:yay:tdance:ducky:elle:ducky:tdance:yay

sorry for being MIA:blush for all these weeks....

all this time, and still nothing to report...No stitchin':(, but no buyin':D

a great big goose egg for this :cat! 0!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been using a lot of those half-skeins this week, I'm so happy with using them! I have made two hats for kids, one hat for adult, an hippie-headband and a pair of fingerless gloves! That brings me to the beautiful score of:

WTD: +9

And:

YTD: +30

I'm really pleased, I think it's so hard to use all those balls of yarn, it feels so good to have a little less. ;)

As in previous weeks, I've been going through my yarn (since moving to a new house) and trying to be realistic about what can be used and what will never be used. So this week's score seems really high, but it's because I gave so much away.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD +101 YTD +545

Actual crocheted yarn was a mere +5, -20 for some skeins bought and +116 given away.

Okay, here is my first attempt at keeping score. Appy_lover shared her system with me and it was not too hard to do that way! Thanks, Appy! :manyheartCongratulations to the medalists. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:crocheting:cheer:clap:crocheting:cheer:cheer:cheer Shoot the moon winner gets to keep score next week.:eek

LegalWoman17 101 Gold Medalist

appy_lover 16Silver Medalist

CLLinda 10Bronze Medalist

Patterncollector 10Bronze Medalist

aphelia 9

jessicalgil 8

miss scarlet 6

fc1123 4

NeedleArts 4

hseger 4

PBLKNP 3

Graceylue 2

BigPinkPolkaDot 1

Marzee 0

LadyKats 0

a_stitchintime 0

pineknott 0

Jain 0

Walker1021 -14

Christinaparrish -17

Braxxi -18

DesertCrocheter -19

dillyca2006 -22SHOOT THE MOON!

of all weeks for me to shoot the moon!! I will do my best to keep score this week. I may not be able to post them until late next Sunday night though. So, everyone will have through Sunday to get the score in.

I do ask that everyone post in Big, Bold, Bright fonts though.

Thanks.

I just killed my score (again). I won a $20 gift card from a knitting store and purchased 5 skeins of baby alpaca in a meduim lavendar. I just love this yarn. :) I also bought really pretty buttons and a set of size 6 circular needles (24 inch bamboo).

I had fun!

Good thing the skeins are small and will work up very fast.

I had used up a skein of pink last night, and now have a score of -8.

:manyheart

Now that my shawl swap is completed I'm working on 6x9 rectangles again for HAP. Last night I was using a deep evergreen color and then a rust color. Completed five. I happened to be using Simply Soft and I can crochet a lot faster with it than I can Red Heart. As it is a bit thinner I'm not sure how warm it will make up as I've really not used it before.

Well, I didn't manage to post last week, but it doesn't really matter since there was no change. I'm hoping to do better this week since I'm starting a Tunisian feather and fan shawl crochet and I'm using some Boho yarn that I bought several months ago.

Well, I didn't manage to post last week, but it doesn't really matter since there was no change. I'm hoping to do better this week since I'm starting a Tunisian feather and fan shawl crochet and I'm using some Boho yarn that I bought several months ago.

What is Boho Yarn?

I bought 7 skeins on clearance for a project but have used up another skein so -12 to start the week. I better get to work on the skeins I bought.

WTD-12

I went to Michael's to buy ONE skein of yarn. And I walked out with FOUR! I guess I just needed it on such a rainy, yucky day.

I've been making baby sweater sets that just use one skein of yarn, so I thought I could just walk in and get one. Jokes on me, I guess.:lol

They just jump right into my cart. I try really hard to fight them off, but they look so lonely, that I just have to take them home.:lol And I really didn't have plans to go to Michael's so I didn't have a coupon with me. And a nice lady asked me if I had a coupon. I thought that was really nice of her to share with me. I do try to do that if I have an extra one.

So my score is really in the negatives now. How will I ever get out? ;)

:manyheart

Archived