2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up two skeins of yarn making baby things. I have made three sweaters and a couple of bonnets for donation. My own goal is 10 sets by Christmas!

:manyheart

Finished up a ball on the afghan yesterday for +1 but the big news is that today I went into my LYS to fondle all the pretty alpaca and silk yarns they have and bought...NOTHING!:clap:clap:clap

Strong Willpower, that's for sure.

Not only did I use up 3 skeins crocheting this week, but my partner in the shawl swap had said she wanted to try some yarn I had in my stash...so I mailed it to her. Wa hoooo...I have a rocking score going wtd of +16, and I just realized that if I crank out 1 more point this week I can be at -100 for the year to date!! Not posting yet because I KNOW I can get 1 or more points this week. Wahoo--headed back under the 100 line!!

Also one night this week I went to Wal-Mart, Joanne, & Michaels and didn't buy any yarn. I was going to buy one skein of that stretchy sock yarn to make an arm band holder for my MP3 player, but I didn't have a coupon so I put it back!! yeah!! That score is going DOWN.

I always feel self conscious posting so far out, but there's no helping it.

My thumb is better, with just a twinge now and then. So I went back to working on my cancer patient lapgan while watching the National Parks documentary this week. I keep on thinking I must be at 3 ft. now, but after measuring, it just isn't there yet. It sure takes a long time to get around it, though. And the black RHSS is even flatter than ever, but no stash busted.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +5

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +5

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Lapgans for cancer patients

Okay, I'm putting in my totals NOW, so that I don't space again...this weekend we're going to be busy splitting and stacking wood for the winter, so I'm probably not going to be anywhere near a computer.

I managed to reduce three skeins into balls, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +3 YTD +101

:jumpyay:woo

It has been a while since I posted. I have been crocheting, but very little as I have been way busy lately. I am in the snowflake swap, but can't seem to get any done. I hate it. Anyway I am hopeful that tonight I will have the energy to get a few done and then blocked for Monday. At any rate I don't even know what my stash score is of late. But as far as skeins used that my friends is a big fat 0

A friend of mine suprised me with yarn she bought at a yard sale for me!!:clap She paid $3 for 7 full skeins and 2 partial skeins (some WW, some Baby Clouds). Guess I should have told her that I belong to a yarn addiction group called The Stashbusters.:( lol Oh well....:lol:lol

WTD = -14

good thing I had already used up a skein this week - helped out a little :blush

I'm going to post early. Tomorrow starts the crash course in house consolidation! My son lost his job two weeks ago. He is waiting on an offer to come by mail from a company in Nebraska. If he takes it...we have three weeks to get their house ready to rent. All five of them will be moving in with us to allow the repairs, painting and fix up work to be completed a little more easily. Not looking good for my stash busting numbers until after Nov 1st.

WTD: 4 YTD: 154 GONE

It's been a fun and exciting week around here making baby sweaters. I'm on my sixth one in a week. They use about 3 ounces of yarn, so i'm going through a lot of yarn too.:cheer.

My ytd was in the negatives, but with these little sweaters, I am back on positive ground.

wtd=+10 ytd=+2!

Hope everyone has a good week in stashbusting!

used up a skein last night. Got an order from Herrschners yesterday also. Need to count and then change siggie and post results for the week. I am afraid that I am going to shoot the moon this week!!!!!!LOL

Well, I'm pleased to report a little progress. Used up a RHSS and one pound skein this week, so I have +4, but adding those skeins and balls from the yard sale to my stash was -23, so that makes my

wtd for 10/03/09 = -19

I was hoping to break even with my overall YTD score, but I'm falling into the red again. I might be able to still pull it out, though, with 3 months left to the year. Knock on/with my wooden hook!

Patty

Archived