2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I'm not tired of this either, I just forgot to post yesterday because I'm planning two parties - Halloween party and my son's 3rd birthday have got my mind in a mess! But I didn't buy any or use any so I was just a zero. A shoot the moon at -5 must mean we are all doing great!! I don't think I've ever seen it that low either!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I do find it motivating, and I derserve to have to keep score if I buy a lot of yarn. It isn't hard, and really didn't take me that long on my week. It does seem like the group has shrunk, I hope that is only due to busy lives.

I was happy with a +4 last week. This week I'll be happy to stay in the positive. I am in Texas on business, and I can't blow my score, because I cannot do scores this week. The next week I very well might blow all records. It is so hard to be good when ya'll have Hobby Lobby here, and there is so much yarn there I want to try. Everytime I travel in the south I end up purchasing large amounts of yarn. :hook

Wish me strength, I may get to visit a nice LYS tomorrow here in Fort Worth. I do need some special yarn for a Chirstmas hat. My stepfather is allergic to wool, & I didn't really want to use acrylic. I know I should just pull something out of my stash and make it work...but we'll see what they have. For me it would be worth it but the yarn if I got something that was just right.

I know, I'm late again...

I managed to use up two small balls, so that's +2, but I also bought 7 skeins (1 for preemie hats and 6 skeins of Encore off someone on Ravelry), so my totals for the week are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -12 YTD +89

I'm currently working on a shawl using stash yarn, so hopefully my totals will look better next week...

I'm with you on starting the week positively, dilyca2006. :) I finished up a skein as I finished up a pair of socks.

Of course, I'm headed off to SAFF (Southeastern Animal and Fiber Fest) on Friday, so I get the feeling that my count is going to take a hit when I get back. :lol

My very first shoot the moon... and at a -5! Doesn't everyone participate anymore, because the "looser" have to make the list, or..?? Can't remember seeing anyone shooting the moon with such a low score before. Or is it because this game has been for a long time, and people get tired of it? I'm NOT tired of this, I think the whole game is so much fun, AND it works. It's not so easy to buy yarn anymore. ;) Im addicted to stashbusting. ;)

I'm still playing through, and I love having the CAL to help me get motivated about using my stash. :D

But I'm sometimes terrible about posting my score on time. /slaps own hand. I'll try and do better. And maybe one of these days I'll be the one shooting the moon. :hook

...Wait, why am I smiling about that? :laughroll

I forgot to post again this week :(. When I work the weekend I dont even get a chance to see my pc. I am off to a good start though this week, just finished up a pot holder, down to a ball, +1 :clap. Now for some more :crocheting of Christmas gifts. Check in on Friday.

Doesn't everyone participate anymore, because the "looser" have to make the list, or..?? Can't remember seeing anyone shooting the moon with such a low score before. ;)

Can you imagine if we had a week where there were no negative scores? Not to fear, this won't happen with me around. My budget precludes buying in bulk, but a skein or two here and there is still happening. :yarn

The cynic and longtime volunteer with a couple of national charities that is in me has to say everyone loves a great idea, until you ask them to help out to implement it. Then volunteers scatter. The diehards remain and can be counted on. The optimist in me says no, it's just that school midterms are here, holidays are starting, the flu is making lots of people sick, and time is scarce. I vacillate between which of the two to believe--my blood sugar must be low.

Good thing we're not including fleeces for crocheted edges in here--I bought several yesterday and stopped by again today and bought 4 more off the remnants rack at Joann's. :yay I always feel like I scored big when there's a cute fleece remnant for cheap. Patty

Used up a skein last night working on baby gifts. So I am up to 4 points to the positive and it's only Monday.

LOL!!!

I think I have enough yarn coming this week to totally bust my positive score for the year!!!!!!!!LOL

I'm with you on starting the week positively, dilyca2006. :) I finished up a skein as I finished up a pair of socks.

Of course, I'm headed off to SAFF (Southeastern Animal and Fiber Fest) on Friday, so I get the feeling that my count is going to take a hit when I get back. :lol

sorry, again, about the late in the day post!!!!

I will once again try to do my best, if I missed anyone please let me know.

I don't have the Shoot the Moon award this week!!!!:lol

Miss_Scarlet +46 Gold

Walker1021 +14 Silver

Pineknott +11 Bronze

Mandii +7

dilyca2006 +6

Legal_Woman17 +6

Appy lover +4

Ekkue_13 +2

Desert Crocheter +2

PatternCollector +2

BigPinkPolkaDog +1

dragonpuck 0

Crafty Witch 0

hseger 0

CLlinda -1

fc1123 -2

jessicagil -2

Marzee -4

Braxxi -4

Aphelia -5 Shoot the moon!!!!

Since Aphelia did get the shoot the moon it will be your turn next week!!!!:hug

Sorry, I posted on Sunday. I thought that it had changed and we had until Sunday to post our scores now. I am really confused.

Wendy

I have been noticing the same thing. This is my first year to play, but, I have noticed that the last few weeks there have been very few gals posting their scores. I wonder if they are afraid of getting the shoot the moon and having to keep score. It is not difficult folks!!!!!!!!!!

I missed that things had changed and you now need to keep score if you shoot the moon? I thought someone was in charge of this thread? I will probably not post anymore. I know you say it doesn't take time but I am not on crochetville much and don't want to weed thru messages to keep people's scores. Good luck all - I know I will probably take flack for not wanting to keep score for people but I was just playing along on someone's elses thread.

I missed that things had changed and you now need to keep score if you shoot the moon? I thought someone was in charge of this thread? I will probably not post anymore. I know you say it doesn't take time but I am not on crochetville much and don't want to weed thru messages to keep people's scores. Good luck all - I know I will probably take flack for not wanting to keep score for people but I was just playing along on someone's elses thread.

Yes there was someone in charge of the thread but she's decided not to do it anymore so we all got together and decided it would be fun to switch the score keeping duties every week so whoever gets shoot the moon has to keep the scores. But because we know not everyone will be able to do that I have volunteered to keep score for anyone who can't or doesn't want to, you just have to let me know in time. If you really want to leave the thread then good luck and we will miss you but you don't have to leave just because you don't want to keep score. I can do it for you if you shoot the moon.

Sorry I missed posting this week. I was helping organize a household move out of state. We had a week to get them packed, the five of them moved in with us, painted the inside of their house for the renter and got them on their way at 9:30 this morning. I was in charge of feeding nine people two meals a day (a 30 min drive from me)with no cooking facilities working at the house. I think I only crocheted one night for about an hour before falling asleep over my work.

Since this was my son's family moving, I'm sure I'll be crocheting as fast as I can to keep my mind occupied and off the fact that they are driving 1600 miles and into bad weather. I just finished the 30-day yarn buying strike and can't wait to get yarn for slippers, socks, mittens, etc. Will update my totals next week for a two week period.

I thought we only changed to Sunday posting that one week for the Shoot the Moon winner who wouldn't be able to tally the scores because of another obligation until then. I assumed otherwise we still posted by 5 p.m. EST on Saturday. What's the consensus?

I will probably not get any crocheting done this week. My car was hit almost head on on my way home from work Monday night, and my wrists still hurt (as does my neck and head and back). In fact, even this little bit of typing is hurting my wrists. Dang! Just when I need the comfort of crocheting most...

Patty

I thought we only changed to Sunday posting that one week for the Shoot the Moon winner who wouldn't be able to tally the scores because of another obligation until then. I assumed otherwise we still posted by 5 p.m. EST on Saturday. What's the consensus?

I will probably not get any crocheting done this week. My car was hit almost head on on my way home from work Monday night, and my wrists still hurt (as does my neck and head and back). In fact, even this little bit of typing is hurting my wrists. Dang! Just when I need the comfort of crocheting most...

Patty

I'm sorry to hear about that though I'm glad you made it I will keep you in my prayers. I haven't done much crocheting this week I have laryengiitis so it hurts my throat. Granted I am not allowed to talk.

Sorry WendySue. It was my understanding in the beginning that when in the positives that we would put a + sign in front of it. I was just confused about yours!!! I had only kept score twice and did not know that this was your norm. When I have to keep score again I will know that this is your way of doing this!!!:D

Those are positive. I only put a minus in front if it is negative. I haven't been putting a + in the numbers before. Didn't know I should do that.

Also WendySue. The last 2 weeks when I kept score cause I got the shoot the moon. There were only about 3 or 4 pages to go through. There are so few who participate these days it only took me less then 15 minutes to count the scores and post them.

We change for 2 weeks cause I had the Shoot the Moon 2 weeks in a row!!LOL:lol I did get scores posted Sunday afternoon this past week because time had opened up for me a bit then. It is just easier for me when I get the shoot the moon to get through the posts on Sunday afternoon or evening (depending on which I can get the computer) and get the scores posted. I will post and let you all know when I do though.

I am glad to hear that you were not hurt badly in the car crash. Hope that all is better very soon!!!

Patty

Archived