2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I've used one of the five skeins I bought already! Crocheted a bonnet and a pair of booties.. The skein was just enough yarn. :) I'm planning to do some more crocheting tonight, I'm feeling creative! :)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to buy another skein of blue yarn for the bunting. Because I make them longer than the original pattern, I only had enough for the body piece. Still need to make the sleeves and the hoodie. So off to HL I went. Bought a bunch of buttons too. They were on clearance. And I had a 40% off on the yarn. So for $5 I really got a lot of things.

:manyheart

Posting Early because of the holiday.

WTD=-2 YTD=-7

Happy Halloween, everyone!

:jack:jack:ghost:jack:jack

I used up 5 skeins this week! :clap

WTD +10

YTD +255

:devil:jack:skeleton:ghost HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! :ghost:skeleton:jack :devil

not gonna get any more done today.

I will get the scores posted by tomorrow night!!

Should I do one post with the WTD score and one with the YTD score??

Then whomever gets the shoot the moon with the WTD score will keep score next week??

WTD +14 YTD+19

Have you got an answer for this yet?? Myself, I would count it.

I used up a skein of yarn making a bunting, so my score is down to ZERO!

Now, does it count if the yarn you were given is still in the car and not added to your stash yet? Just curious.

In my not so humble opinion, the WTD shoot the moon winner gets the scorekeeping honor since the week is over, and that's the score we go by generally.

And Linda, nice try, but if it's in your possession, you need to count your yarn. Sorry, sweetie! You make me smile!

Nothing to change this week , I was on the plus side with 12, but had to go and buy 6 skeins of yarn yesterday to make the hats and scarves in the colors my grandsons wanted, so that to me back to a big fat WTD 0

It's midnight here, and I'm tired... My hubby is sleeping on the couch... ;) Here's my scores:

Week to date: -8

Year to date: +27

Oh well, too bad my wtd was negative, but it was all worth it.. I just love the yarn I bought today. ;) At least my ytd is positive! ;)

Got a lot more done this week. I was using a nylon cord for a bag and sock yarn (only one sock finished as of 20min ago). Worked on the sock all day today and single crochet sure goes slowly. Also worked a swatch for a knitting project.

WTD: 9 YTD: 170 out of my stash

I need to roll up some left overs. Right now everything is just tossed in a bag as I finished a project. My goal this week is to seperate by type of yarn, roll and bag by type; not going to worry about color separation at this point. I really want to work on a scrapghan after Christmas so this is a little prep as finish all the Christmas projects.

That's what I thought and what I was going to do. I just wanted to make sure that I was on the same page as someone else!!

In my not so humble opinion, the WTD shoot the moon winner gets the scorekeeping honor since the week is over, and that's the score we go by generally.

quote]

And Linda, nice try, but if it's in your possession, you need to count your yarn. Sorry, sweetie! You make me smile!

Ok, I'll count it and add it to this week's score.

Score changed. Please disregard the first one and put this one in for stashbusting score. Thank you.

WTD=-18 YTD=-23

I'm just lucky they are small balls of yarn and can be made up fast when I use them.

If it will help you feel better. I just agreed at church today to help a gal get a baby blanket made. She is going to make a hat and sweater, then have foot surgery so she asked me to make the afghan. There were a couple of things that I was thinking about when she asked me to help. One was, man, that just puts things that I want to get done back again and the second was... This is going to add to my stash score!!!!!LOL

Ok, I'll count it and add it to this week's score.

Score changed. Please disregard the first one and put this one in for stashbusting score. Thank you.

WTD=-18 YTD=-23

I'm just lucky they are small balls of yarn and can be made up fast when I use them.

here are the WTD and the YTD Please let me know if I miss anyone.

pineknott +24 Gold

miss_scarlet +14 Silver

dilyca2006 +14 Silver

Braxxi +10 bronze

Needle_Arts +9

dragonpuck +6

DesertCrocheter +5

fc1123 +4

Ellie_13 +4

hseger +3

Marzee +2

PBLKNP +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

Jain 0

lhasaaposlady 0

jessicagil -4

aphelia -8

Mandii -12

CLLinda -18

appy_lover -55 Shoot the moon!!!

Congrats to the gold, silver and bronze winners.

Congrats appy_lover gets the shoot the moon award and gets to keep score next week!!!!

Here are the YTD scores.

pineknott +372

lhasaaposlady +353

dragonpuck +253

Braxxi +255

Needle_Arts +170

Ellie_13 +152

PBLKNP +73

jessicagil +38

aphelia +27

dilyca2006 +19

Marzee +6

Mandii -5

DesertCrocheter -11

hseger -15

miss_scarlet -21

CLLinda -23

BigPinkPolkaDot -31

Jain -32

fc1123 -106

appy_lover -150 Actual shoot the moon for YTD.. Sorry!!!!LOL

There has been a lot of yarn used and a lot of yarn taken in over this year!!!!!!!!!

:P Well, I had decided to not bring any more yarn onto this property untill after the first of the year!!:D

Yesterday a gal at church asked me if I would help her make some things for an another gal at church. My friend agreed to make a baby afghan, sweater, hat, and booties for this other gal. Well, the friend is going to have surgery on her foot in a couple of weeks and does not think that she can get it all done. I agreed to take the yarn for and make the afghan. My choice of pattern. My friend is making the sweater, etc, with a shell pattern so I decided to make the "Cloud Nine" pattern since I have the pattern, it is shells, and I have made it before. Friend said that the other gal had bought baby yarn for it. Well, the baby yarn that she has bought for the afghan is Bernat Baby Boucle yarn. And I have 2 skeins now and will have 2 more after Tuesday Bible study.

All other projects have been put on the back burner!!!

I am so shocked that no one would help me out and buy yarn last week...well I guess that makes me the winner..of shoot the moon..

By the was dilyca...I was -150 for the year, not -15, so that makes me the winner of both wtd & ytd...but if fc1123 wants the title she can have it...:hook

This week I am off to a better start...+1, as I made 2 hats on the airplane home yesterday. One of them used enough yarn to wind leftovers down to a ball...I have a craft show this weekend so I plan to stitch a lot this week. Hang on to your hooks ladies I am going for gold this week! I need a little redemption.

Archived