2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I finished up a skein last night making baby sweaters. I am working on sweater set number 8. They work up really fast and the only sewing is for putting on buttons. I just love them.

I have to go to Hancock's after church today. Buttons are 50% off. But I will stay out of the yarn department. Not that they have a good one, but I don't want to be tempted at all.

so here's my score.

wtd=-10 ytd=-8

Happy Columbus Day to all those in the States!

I behaved and didn't buy any yarn at all! Horray!

:manyheart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on the grandson! How is everybody?

Mom and grandson are home now. They are doing great. Mom is asleep and my mom has the baby <Edward> in the rockin chair. I had to give him up :(. I'll get him back in a short :devil.

Mom and grandson are home now. They are doing great. Mom is asleep and my mom has the baby <Edward> in the rockin chair. I had to give him up :(. I'll get him back in a short :devil.

Congratulations! I've heard that Grandma is the best job there is. Is this your first grandchild?

I rolled a skein into a ball and then finished another two balls; that's a +3. But, I went to my prayer shawl meeting and one of the ladies was sharing part of her daughter's stash and I was gifted with eight skeins! So that's a -16 plus the +3.

This week's total then is:

WTD: -13 / YTD: -36

as promised I am late!LOL I hope that I got everyone that posted, if not please let me know and I will adjust the totals!!! This was kinda fun and lucky me, from what I have seen. I get to do it again next week!!!

Oh, by the way, I just did the WTD scores. I don't remember how long it has been since we did the YTD scores. If you guys want, I will post the YTD scores this week!!! Let me know.

WendySue +12 Gold

Christinaparrish +7 Silver

Jessicagil +6 4 way tie for Bronze

aphelia +6 Bronze

PatternCollector +6 Bronze

LegalWoman 17 +6 Bronze

Desert_Crocheter +5

Ellie_13 +4

Marzee +3

appy_lover +2

Walker_1021 +2

fc1123 +1

Jain 0

a_stitchintime 0

CraftyWitch 0

Pineknott -4

CLLinda -10

hseger -12

BigPinkPolka Dot -13

dilyca -16 Shoot The Moon. :lol

Not many gals posted this week it seems. Come on gals. Lets bust some yarn this week!!!!!!!

Thanks.

If all the yarn I ordered had of come at the same time I would have only shot the moon once!!LOL But, some was back ordered and actually came sooner then I had expected!!!!!!!!!!!:lol

Good job, dilyca! :) Too funny that you shot the moon again this week! ;)

Thanks.

If all the yarn I ordered had of come at the same time I would have only shot the moon once!!LOL But, some was back ordered and actually came sooner then I had expected!!!!!!!!!!!:lol

Don't ya just hate when that happens? Especially when you need the whole shipment for one project and the starting color is one of the ones on back order. :thair Now that you have all that yarn, what are ya going to do with it?:crocheting

I had to buy a skein of pink yarn. I used the first one up for two baby sweaters, and now I need to make bonnets.

:manyheart

I don't remember how long it has been since we did the YTD scores. If you guys want, I will post the YTD scores this week!!! Let me know.

Generally, YTD scores are posted at the end of the month. HTH. :yes

I've never had that happen.

Well, what I am going to make with it all is... A baby blanket that was going to be for a co-worker, but, I found out the other day that I am going to be a grandma!!! first one!!!!!!:D So the blanket might just stay in the family!!!

Then, I got yarn and a pattern to make our youngest son a scarf and hat. From Herrschners. The Varsity yarn. Gonna try it and see how it goes.

Then. I am making an "Endless Crochet cardi Shawl" and I got yarn to make another one of them!!!!LOL Just cause I wanted it in a different color and different yarn.

You know. Last year I made a Shawler and got yarn to make myself another one as I was making the first!! Yarn is still sitting there in my stash. I need to stop buying ahead so much:think

Don't ya just hate when that happens? Especially when you need the whole shipment for one project and the starting color is one of the ones on back order. :thair Now that you have all that yarn, what are ya going to do with it?:crocheting

Well, what I am going to make with it all is... A baby blanket that was going to be for a co-worker, but, I found out the other day that I am going to be a grandma!!! first one!!!!!!:D So the blanket might just stay in the family!!!

Congratulations!!!:clap:yay:hug That's wonderful news!

Congrats!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

Congrats Diane!! That is excellent news!!

In other not quite as exciting news, but still good--last night I started a laptop sleeve for my new computer...and I finished off 2 skeins of cotton from my stash!! I was able to resist buying something new. It might have been more, but I picked the slooowest stitch. Why did I decided I liked to look of hdc/sc repeats? Why oh why oh why?? I stitched for about 4 hours, and only got close to half way. If I had bought the super bulky Debra Norville acrylic yarn I wanted I would have been weaving in ends and stitching on buttons in that amount of time.

Archived