2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

finished another skein of haute fur from Hobby Lobby making a clutch purse out of it just need to weave in ends so that's another +2 for me

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to try and join. I am new to this but lets see how it goes. Lucky for me I have plenty of yarn for awhile. BUT all my projects are very small and don't take alot of yarn. I'm going to try my best to get rid of all my yarn!!!

I used a ball and gave away 2 slightly used skeins (+3):clap. 36 squares done, 4 more to go :cheer. I should have them all done by Sat. I'm going to my niece's belated graduation/b-day party in N.H. and I might not get to post this Sat. I just printed out Krystal's Daisy Square pattern. I'll work on that during the trip and start off next week with a better score.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 91

Ellie 13

I rolled a skein into a small ball. +1 :sigh why it couldn't finish that little bit off when finishing that project I don't know. Now I have another little ball running around here. :lol Soon it will be time to do a scrap project to use them all up.

WTD -9

:woo

I finished off another skein of a boucle yesterday making a capelet for the Charity Along. I expect that I can complete another skein by tomorrow night if I can finish this next shawl. :hyper

I'm going to try and join. I am new to this but lets see how it goes. Lucky for me I have plenty of yarn for awhile. BUT all my projects are very small and don't take alot of yarn. I'm going to try my best to get rid of all my yarn!!!

Hi minicmi. Welcome to our group! Good luck stashbusting!:welcome

I know I'm starting late, but I need to do this. :eek My DH has spoken to me firmly about the yarn accumulation in the house. I just gave away 4 enormous garbage bags of it and still have tons left. :think Not sure how that happened. So I'm going to start from 0 and see what happens.

I know I'm starting late, but I need to do this. :eek My DH has spoken to me firmly about the yarn accumulation in the house. I just gave away 4 enormous garbage bags of it and still have tons left. :think Not sure how that happened. So I'm going to start from 0 and see what happens.

Hi LeslieG! Welcome to our little corner of Crochetville!:welcome

I am on my 3rd pair of mittens for this week and have not been able to finish a skein. They are all in different colors. I don't count the balls anymore just whole skeins. I am going to have to make a bunch of granny daughters to use up all the pieces and make some points.

I'm putting in my totals for the week now, as I'll probably be busy all weekend...

I gave away 7 skeins, but I bought 1 skein, as I ran out of yarn for my tunisian entrelac scarf. I'm probably going to be acquiring another one next week, as I need more of the aran color for the rest of the scarf. :D

But for now:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +6 YTD +89

Thanks for the Welcome Beth. :hook

As I understand you do -2 for each full skein, -1 for each partial, and -1 for each left over ball. I'm doing the Ryan's Cuddleghan squares trying to use up some partials. I figure when I get 12 of them done I'll have the baby afghan I need.

I just finished a scrap ghan for the local VA using the same yarn. Man, it sure takes a while to use up the leftovers. I will persist. :P I've got to start using up some of this yarn. DH is getting twitchy about me buying more.

I'm kinda anal about colors. It's hard for me to do random scrap stuff. I always seem to end up having to buy more yarn so it looks right to me. That's not going to help bust my stash.

Can you get credit for giving stuff away???? :wink

Oh, does it count against you when you go and trade what you already have in your stash for colors you need?:think My local A C Moore lets you trade for the same brands if you need a different color. If I have a lot of blue and need green I can take and trade 1 for 1.

As I understand you do -2 for each full skein, -1 for each partial, and -1 for each left over ball. I'm doing the Ryan's Cuddleghan squares trying to use up some partials. I figure when I get 12 of them done I'll have the baby afghan I need.

I just finished a scrap ghan for the local VA using the same yarn. Man, it sure takes a while to use up the leftovers. I will persist. :P I've got to start using up some of this yarn. DH is getting twitchy about me buying more.

I'm kinda anal about colors. It's hard for me to do random scrap stuff. I always seem to end up having to buy more yarn so it looks right to me. That's not going to help bust my stash.

Oh, does it count against you when you go and trade what you already have in your stash for colors you need?:think My local A C Moore lets you trade for the same brands if you need a different color. If I have a lot of blue and need green I can take and trade 1 for 1.

welcome, :hug

i think if you trade 1x1 you end up even---- and yes - you get credit for giving away yarn- same as using it up!

happy stash busting:hook

I get to add 10 points today to my score. I belong to a group of knitters and crocheters and we also have a couple of older women who knit at home.

One lady is 92 years young and called me for a pick up of her items. She asked if I had any cotton yarn for wash cloths. I had 4 skeins and two balls, so there's my 10 points to add to my score.

And that's my good deed for the day!

:manyheart

This past weekend I thought, "What the Heck! I'm going to do what I wanna do, NOT what I should do!" :devil So I pulled out the directions for Krystal's Daisy Square and I've gotten through the first edge of the final background row. I still have some problems with counting stitches, but otherwise, it has gone well. It'd better! This is my 5th one!:flower

I used up a ball of black (+1) on that. Last night I pulled out a bag of tangled skeins (one of which was the black I need to finish the square background) and rolled 4 balls (+4). That was a challenge!

So for the second week in a row I have halved my YTD total.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +5 / YTD: -5

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +5/YTD: -5

You get positive points for yarn you use, sell, or give away - you only get negative points for new yarn you buy or are given. If you're trading yarn 1 for 1 your score wouldn't change at all. :yes

Posting now since we are leaving tomorrow early a.m. for a week's vacation. :sun Won't be bringing yarn with me this time. Just books, bathing suit, suntan lotion and the boat. See you all soon. And keep those hooks moving so that yarn stash keeps dwindling.:crocheting

WTD +2 finally...something other than a zero to report:hook

its been a slow week

+1 for rolling a wobbly skein into a ball - 2 for a skein bought = - 1

+ 2 for a skein used on scarf = + 1, a ball used on the scarf + 1

total + 2

Well used up a total of +4 today for a grand total of +12 will put my final score up tomorrow I used up a skein of yarn and used up 2 balls of yarn and used up another skein of yarn +2

It's been a slow month. I had issues with Mom's cardigan and I found the craft section at the Richmond library last month.:book:jumpyay I have been very busy, too:juggle You would think I would have MORE free time being unemployed, not less.

So far, I am still at 0, but I have two baby dresses almost finished, and am starting the cardigan again. Plus I may be getting some baby commissions, blankets and clothes. :yay

Does anyone know where I can find inexpensive small tape measures that I can cover? I want to make a gift of them or a few, but I don't want them to be big, and I don't want to spend a lot (unemployed = broke). I've seen cute patterns for covering tape measures, and thought they would be cute cheap gifts for my crafty friends.

Archived