Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

why do I read these posts - I was quite happy until I saw........everyones beautiful beginings of this cathedral afghan...........hope it takes a while for me to find the pattern...............

they are really superb looking- way to go guys

fiona:hook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really like to give this afghan a go since I'll be home soon and can devote time to it. Would anybody be willing to trade their book when they're finished? I have a few afghan books at home that might interest you. Send me a PM if you're interested. Thanks! :hook

:frog

Finally decided on colors. :yay I'm using RH Holly & Ivy and RH claret.

cathedralwindow.jpg

I'm thinking of using buff instead of white, but I'll decide for sure when I get there.

I might actually make this afghan one day, but right now, I am thinking I would like to do it as a shawl, leaving out 1/4 of the panels. I've been emailing Jackie and she has helped me to decide on some color combinations. Actually, I am buying enough to do 2 different ones because I can't decide which I like better.

I had to make one of each piece, then just crochet a swatch so that I could determine the yardage, but I think I've got it figured out.

I'm loving the progress you all are making and I look forward to all of your pictures. There are some great color combinations.

Oh Renee, I LOVE your color choices. I want to make one that color someday too. It would go with my living room colors perfectly. I can't wait to see what it looks like as you go along. I am only doing blues because the person I am giving it to loves blue. I like blue too, but think I might have chosen different colors for myself. So far this is a lot of fun to make. I am just starting the round with the white bobbles.

Thanx, Andrea. I'm making this for myself and these colors match my living room, too. I almost didn't go with them because I was afraid they'd be too Christmasy, but with the black, it doesn't seem to be.

Thanx, Drew.

I've gotten 6 of the 8 pentagons attached and it's looking really nice. I'm glad I finally broke down and decided on the Holly & Ivy.

I would like to join in on this one myself. Can someone please PM me or contact me privately at katecrochet at gmail.com in reference to the pattern?

TIA

Kate, here's a link to one that's on Ebay right now. It's only got just over 3 hours until bidding ends and is up to $26 with 10 bids. Considering I won it several months ago for $60, it's not a bad deal especially considering you get 12 other books with it. Cathedral Rose Window on Ebay

How many of you are using double thread?

sondra

Also Cheryl you said "Round 3 it reads: Ch 3, 2 dc in next, *dc in next 4, etc.... that you added the chain one in between"

Isn't that side suppose to be flat? Boy I don't want to do all of them and have them wrong.

I was thinking about buying my yarn for this, this weekend...but have a question - how many years will it take to finish????? Everyone's progress looks so fantastic - love all the different color combinations!

Well, so far, I still only have most of the first section pieces done~~still need to finish my triangles and sew the first section together.

I just bought more black and white yarn to try to get myself motivated again, but now I have to check my stash for more Aspen Print and Painted Desert. I've been so busy with other stuff that my Cathedral Window has taken a back seat! :(

I'm in the same boat as Melissa with my Cathedral afghan. Haven't touched it since right after this CAL started. I got the first section done but then put it aside to work on swaps that needed my attention. I have one more swap to do before the next swap starts, so if I can get my doily done I will work on the Cathedral afghan.

I know what yall mean by having to put the ghan in the back seat. I am going to pick it back up soon though. I've also been working on those crinoline girls and really enjoying that. I received an email from the ghans designer this week that gave me hope, so I'm sure Ill get back in the swing of it...soon.

Good luck to All!

Is it to late to join? I'm new around here. My name is Sarah and I'm from Iowa.

I have this pattern and it looks hard and I have way to many UFO's lying around here and I'm the *slowest* crocheter in the world, but it's so *PRETTY* and I stitched up the center octogon last night with some RH Mexicana I have lying around for one of those UFOs and I love it, though I'm picturing using a mix of matching solids instead of a single color B, I'll have to read the pattern again to see if that's possible...

Welcome Sarah - Come on in and join us! Many of us are working slowly, so it won't take long to catch up! I am also using a solid along with a varigated on mine, and I am pleased with how it is looking so far! The key is to make something you LIKE since this is such a long-term project!:hook

I stitched up the center octogon last night with some RH Mexicana I have lying around for one of those UFOs and I love it, though I'm picturing using a mix of matching solids instead of a single color B, I'll have to read the pattern again to see if that's possible...

I was thinking of using Mexicana and both cherry red and royal blue as my color B at one point, so what you want to do should work. Just use an even number of colors as it looks like every color B section is even numbered.

Cool, I just love that yarn, and the colors are so bright and rich they really do look like stained glass with the light shining through. I was thinking Blue, green, red and either yellow or purple..... But any decisions will have to wait until friday (PAYDAY :cheer ) and a trip to Wal-mart-- I'll be the one holding the octogon and the pile of skeins with the indescisive look on my face trying to decide what matches and what I like.... Between now and then I have to finish the edging on this shawl, de-dog hair it (I have 3 shedding:angry basset hounds!) and get it to it's intended recipient.

--SarahC

I was thinking of using Mexicana and both cherry red and royal blue as my color B at one point, so what you want to do should work. Just use an even number of colors as it looks like every color B section is even numbered.

It's never too late to join. I have been working on mine here and there. It isn't hard at all, and it is so much fun. Of course I am not that far along. I am about to do the white bobbles round. I crocheted 8 of the 16 heptagons on a short road trip...they are mindless and great to do when you watch tv too. I like this afghan because each row is a little different so it doesn't get monotonous.:hook

I've been watching this site and trying to locate a pattern for awhile. I got one from ebay. :jumpyay (There are still a few offered for auction:

http://search-desc.ebay.com/cathedral-window-afghan_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQcoentrypageZsearchQQfromZR10QQcoactionZcompareQQcatrefZC6QQsojsZ1QQcopagenumZ1QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQftsZ2QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ2QQsadisZ200QQfposZ14424QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1) )

When I get the pattern, I will join!

Archived