Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realized it was already the middle of October :eek and so started back on this project since it's supposed to be a Christmas gift. I finished making the 16 large heptagons and hope to get most of them attached tonight! That would make me feel like I was making better progress :hook Good luck to all!

Lookng great Stacey.

I haven't uncovered my cathedral shawl yet. I still have several boxes to wade through. This move and all that happened in the last 30 days has just been a little too much for me to handle I think. But alas, I WILL uncover it soon....along with my yarn and other toys and projects I hope. At least I have spun and picked up the needles (ummm..still haven't found my hooks) again. :hook

the latest pic, at about 70% complete. I really had no idea just how big this puppy was going to be. All I can say is wow.:whew

Stacey, I think we are using the same colors! I am only just past the white round that went through it....you are inspiring me to want to pick it up...need to get moving on the painted doily and get it finished so I can get my purse going for the purse swap...if I only had another 7 hours to my day!!!!!:eek

I am so jealous! I had started this and was on the 4th row of it. Very excited about the whole thing. I had to toss it. We had the pipe burst in teh house .. I was gone.. Hubby did what he could to save it..but it was to late when I arrived home several days later... I lost the book it was in too.. thanks to the pipes!!!

I can't find the book anywhere!!!

Drew you did a beautiful job on yours. Where is it now? Does it need a good home... *giggle*

Barbara

Well I've started filling in the Peaks and Valleys of round 3. But I wanted to check if my understanding of the pattern is correct: I fill them in with color A on one side, a black column and then color B on the other side. But then when I'm done filling in the peaks and valleys the next directions only say to use color A. So those sections with color B will have a color A cap on them with nothing in between?? Anyone else take it that way?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there, I'm new... and I haven't commited yet to this CAL-- but I'm seriously thinking about it. I was wondering, Drew, if you remember what colors you used in your afghan... I know it's been a few years.

I really wish I remember the names of the colors, but it's been so long. Sorry about that! Besides, I bet they would all be discontinued by now anyways... :think

Unfortunately my cathedral window afghan IS for the holidays :eek I have finished the 32 small heptagons and hope to get them all attached by the end of Thanksgiving weekend. I estimate that I'll be completely done with this in time for Christmas :hook (but only because I have no ideas for a back-up gift). I hope to get a picture of it soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I stayed up late last night and finished it!!! :clap I just have to weave in a few ends and I wash it. This is a huge relief as it is only one of several Christmas projects I have planned. I hope to get a picture up soon.

Congratulations. :clap:applause I am so happy for you:yay. I haven't started mine yet. Too many things for Christmas to get done. I have all the yarn though and raring to go. Can't wait to see the picture of yours.

Happy Holidays!

Rose

I would like this pattern also. I cant find I have asked people at work who crochet and they dont have didnot know what I was talking aboout.:( If any one can help I would be greatful:cheer Thanks Theresa

Archived